Towing service in Malaysia

Yan66

I have a reliable and honest workshop in JB that I have been visiting for the last 5 years.

Alternatively, you can tow there and have it fixed within a day if it's not something major.

PM me if you're interested.

anything less than 800 is cheap.

Was at Kota Tinggi town this morning and found my car cannot be started.

Called my insurance and only realised free towing applicable for accident car not mechanical problem.

Managed to get a local contact for a quick towing to Ubi workshop (1pm-3.30pm)

Kota Tinggi to Before JB custom .............. $140 (normal tow truck)

JB to Ubi workshop .................................. $ 260 (all-in charges, flat bed truck)

Is the tow charge reasonable ?

• Praise 1

anything less than 800 is cheap.

What I meant was the car was towed at 1.00pm yesterday and reached Toyota WS around 3.30pm.

Total SG$140+260=SG$ 400.

Actually my 8 years Picnic had the regular major servicing just last week; changed 4 engine mountings, new battery, engine flush, fuel treatment, engine protector, oil filter and a set of new Yokohama V551 tyres. Slightly noisy belt tensioner not change.

After collecting car from servicing, the starting was smooth, quiet and almost no cranking sound. (normally can feel cranking sound

and takes about 1-2 sec to start). Yesterday morning, inside Singapore custom, stopped for toilet break.

Upon starting the car felt silent, tried few times to verify. 6 starts 3 successful and decided to proceed to Malaysia.

After a break in Kota Tinggi the car had difficulty starting; almost no cranking sound at all. Asked SA & local WS for assistance; knocking the Starter also cannot wake it up. Hence decided to tow it back.

Currently waiting news from Toyota WS.

A new starter motor + labour > $500.

Edited by Meadelx200

The towing guys probably under charge you. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Please bear in mind usually there is a per km charge (distance based) on top of the towing fee.

Please also bear in mind that they have to factor in costs as one way revenue-generating trip only; so they will have to factor in empty return with no revenue.

What I meant was the car was towed at 1.00pm yesterday and reached Toyota WS around 3.30pm.

Total SG$140+260=SG$ 400.

Actually my 8 years Picnic had the regular major servicing just last week; changed 4 engine mountings, new battery, engine flush, fuel treatment, engine protector, oil filter and a set of new Yokohama V551 tyres. Slightly noisy belt tensioner not change.

After collecting car from servicing, the starting was smooth, quiet and almost no cranking sound. (normally can feel cranking sound

and takes about 1-2 sec to start). Yesterday morning, inside Singapore custom, stopped for toilet break.

Upon starting the car felt silent, tried few times to verify. 6 starts 3 successful and decided to proceed to Malaysia.

After a break in Kota Tinggi the car had difficulty starting; almost no cranking sound at all. Asked SA & local WS for assistance; knocking the Starter also cannot wake it up. Hence decided to tow it back.

Currently waiting news from Toyota WS.

A new starter motor + labour > $500.

• Praise 1

If you're stuck in MY, can consider towing to JB workshop and fix there first.

You can drive back to SG without the hassle of tow truck crossing countries.

Was quoted RM800 from Melaka to Singapore in end 2013 on a flatbed.

Do note need to consider what kinda tow truck used. From what I understand, flatbed is best for the car if the distance is long, meaning whole car up lorry. Not those drag by tow truck kind with 2 wheels on the road.

Do correct me if im mistaken.

If you're stuck in MY, can consider towing to JB workshop and fix there first.

You can drive back to SG without the hassle of tow truck crossing countries.

Confirm it is cheaper to tow to JB workshop and fix it there.

Any tow car company to recommend if car breakdown in Johor area?

Any recommend if break down in Ipoh or Penang are to tow back ?

If your brand[most major brand should have] got service centre in K.L. or Ipoh or Penang,just tow there to service/repair.

Supercharged

was wondering, how many actually sign up for AA?

is it worthy for those frequent travelers to malaysia?

of course, never know when you might actually need the service.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I'm planning an upcoming trip to jb with my kids this march hols, what to do should my car break down in jb? any recommended towing hotlines, workshops etc? is this spark service recommended?

3 minutes ago, Elabear12 said:

Hi all, I'm planning an upcoming trip to jb with my kids this march hols, what to do should my car break down in jb? any recommended towing hotlines, workshops etc? is this spark service recommended? https://www.motorist.sg/article/548/traveling-to-jb-during-the-march-holiday-follow-these-tips-to-protect-yourself-and-your-car additionally, what should i take note of so as to not get cheated?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3651

Hi Elabear,

You can try the Yellow Road Rangers, just click on the above. ☺️

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 9:28 PM, Meadelx200 said:

Was at Kota Tinggi town this morning and found my car cannot be started.

Called my insurance and only realised free towing applicable for accident car not mechanical problem.

Managed to get a local contact for a quick towing to Ubi workshop (1pm-3.30pm)

Kota Tinggi to Before JB custom .............. $140 (normal tow truck)

JB to Ubi workshop .................................. $ 260 (all-in charges, flat bed truck)

Is the tow charge reasonable ?

Wow  …  which insurance company is that ?  Never know got such conditions until you need it …   did they even specify this in the policy wording ?

I am asking on behalf of a friend whose car has been stuck in Malaysia for over a year. Since the Causeway and Second Link  closed to all private vehicles due to Covid.

Can anyone give the contact of a towing service/ flat bed trailer / car transporter in Malaysia ?   One that is able to bring a Singapore registered car now parked in north Johor, back to Singapore.

He was in Johor for work when Covid struck and the road links were closed. The only way for Singaporeans to return here was to either fly, or take a coach in. He took a coach in and left the car there with a relative thinking that the closure will be short lived. Turned out that he is very wrong. He contacted a few MY breakdown tow trucks and was told that they cannot bring the car in. And that there are a few dozen SG cars still stuck in JB.

Appreciate the contact of any company that has successfully brought cars in from MY during this Covid period.  

↡ Advertisement