• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
120 replies to this topic | 94 praises

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Eric76
  • Premium member
    Eric76
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi Guys, want to install solar film for my car, heard a lot of adv for cool and light, don't know good or not? anyone tried before? any other recommendation, UV and heat reflection is a factor but not necessary be best one as my car glass already got some protection according to the spec, but importantly the workmanship must be good, i don't want bubbles on my wind screen after few months  [sweatdrop]

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi Guys, want to install solar film for my car, heard a lot of adv for cool and light, don't know good or not? anyone tried before? any other recommendation, UV and heat reflection is a factor but not necessary be best one as my car glass already got some protection according to the spec, but importantly the workmanship must be good, i don't want bubbles on my wind screen after few months  [sweatdrop]

best to drop by their shop to find out personally so each brand usually have different grades (protection, tint) to suit budget and each cars' window existing tint.

I have used 3 different brands for my previous and current rides, no problems with installation, so I would say that they are competent to install the films.  Furthermore, they usually have warranty and aftersales service to take care of bubbles issue.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

GongJiaoWei
  • Premium member
    GongJiaoWei
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think quite a few brands out there. Most of them has different specs and etc.

Bubbles wises I think you will be able to ask them rectify for u whenever there is. But remember to share in MCF if you encountered bubbles after few months.. At least, we will avoid.. hehehe. :D

Maybe you can try to PM Infratint for his rates. Saw quite a few nice cars done up at the thread:

http://www.mycarforu...utomotive-film/

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am on Cool n lite, so far no complaint. Did a replacement on my rear passenger window after 6 years and they still r very happy to serve me. Warranty is 7 years 😃
Live Well 😊

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have 2 car done by infratint.  Go & talk to Sherman.  Friendly person to chat with.

Very quick & nicely done job.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Infratint
  • Premium member
    Infratint
    Sponsor
    Author Image

I think quite a few brands out there. Most of them has different specs and etc.

Bubbles wises I think you will be able to ask them rectify for u whenever there is. But remember to share in MCF if you encountered bubbles after few months.. At least, we will avoid.. hehehe. :D

Maybe you can try to PM Infratint for his rates. Saw quite a few nice cars done up at the thread:

http://www.mycarforu...utomotive-film/

Thanks for your intro....

I have 2 car done by infratint.  Go & talk to Sherman.  Friendly person to chat with.

Very quick & nicely done job.

Thanks for your support also...

Infratint @ 32 Old Toh Tuck Rd,I.BIZ Centre,#01-10,S (597658 )
T:65151751,Mobile:94560888 (Sherman Chan)
0% Installment for Citibank and Standard Chartered Credit Cards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Igto
  • Premium member
    Igto
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

it really depends on how much you wanna spend.. that usually decides the quality.. and i agree that you have to go down to the shop to see which one you like most.. but be prepared to spend if you really want the good ones. 

for me, i got the tintsy cool one (basic) from groupon earlier this year for my picanto and i find it good enough for me.. 

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

EXO
  • Premium member
    EXO
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I did a research previously when I was looking to install Solar Film, I ended up with Tintsy Cool Platinum Plus package (IRR:90%front,99%rear. VLT:70%front,29%rear). It was a Xmas promotion so I reckon I got a good deal. 

They allow you to test the difference between each level, due to diminishing returns I chose the 2nd best package. The top range package blocks heat better but IMO is not worth the difference in price.

They use a meter to measure both the VLT and IRR rate so you know what you are really getting. 

Overall quite pleased, might even consider getting them to do up my future home.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Eric76
  • Premium member
    Eric76
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I did a research previously when I was looking to install Solar Film, I ended up with Tintsy Cool Platinum Plus package (IRR:90%front,99%rear. VLT:70%front,29%rear). It was a Xmas promotion so I reckon I got a good deal. 

They allow you to test the difference between each level, due to diminishing returns I chose the 2nd best package. The top range package blocks heat better but IMO is not worth the difference in price.

They use a meter to measure both the VLT and IRR rate so you know what you are really getting. 

Overall quite pleased, might even consider getting them to do up my future home.

ok noted tks for the info, will chk it out....

infratint a bit too far for me

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ok noted tks for the info, will chk it out....

infratint a bit too far for me

I got v cool at 300$ got official life time warranty card some morE. In toh guan.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Supercharged
    Author Image

just done up my car at zen with their premium 70.. 300bucks... pretty good job done so far no bubbles seen...

Back to the same old days...

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Spyder79
  • Premium member
    Spyder79
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

just done up my car at zen with their premium 70.. 300bucks... pretty good job done so far no bubbles seen...

how is the car now ? park under sun ? still cooling ?

Triangle of Health #kyani #sunrise #sunset
http://ivanyong.kyani.net

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Supercharged
    Author Image

how is the car now ? park under sun ? still cooling ?

tested under hot sun and so far so good... but dont expect the car still cool after under the sun for 1/2hr.. [:)]

Back to the same old days...

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

KenKo24
  • Premium member
    KenKo24
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How much did you do it for the whole car, any diff in car you driving? 

tested under hot sun and so far so good... but dont expect the car still cool after under the sun for 1/2hr.. [:)]

haha got a good link on how to cool the car :)

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

EXO
  • Premium member
    EXO
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Less than 600 for the Platinum Plus package.

Noticeable difference when driving with the sun shining directly on my thighs.

How much did you do it for the whole car, any diff in car you driving? 

haha got a good link on how to cool the car :)

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

Ongkmeng
  • Premium member
    Ongkmeng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to bring back this post.

I am looking install solar film soon. Usually installer has different package from low end to high end. How do owner usually confirm that the installer provide the right grade of film ? Are there any marking on the film or do they use some meter to test and show us the reading ?

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

coldbeer21
  • Premium member
    coldbeer21
    1st Gear
    Author Image

imho, the quality of the film is all similar just that the brands are diff only. unless you say those top grade vs lowest grade ones then probably can notice slight diff and only if you use left windows lousy right windows good. as for workmanship, tinting windows are v simple. in fact, window tinting can be done DIY. i tried doing it on my rear windows perfectly fine. just dont itchy fingers try and scratch it can alr

Vroomvroom and 1 Anonymous member praised this
i-vtec was the best thing ever invented. saves you petrol and gives you power when you need it. then came along turbos.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Jumpmanz
  • Premium member
    Jumpmanz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

been wanting to diy for my rear windows too.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sorry to bring back this post.

I am looking install solar film soon. Usually installer has different package from low end to high end. How do owner usually confirm that the installer provide the right grade of film ? Are there any marking on the film or do they use some meter to test and show us the reading ?

Usually, they have a handheld device that will give you a reading. 

Check with them before heading down.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

wkl1103
  • wkl1103
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am just wondering will the IRR/VLT deteriorate after long expose to the sun says a year ? anyone can advice on this?

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, recommendation, solar and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users