Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

hi Guys, want to install solar film for my car, heard a lot of adv for cool and light, don't know good or not? anyone tried before? any other recommendation, UV and heat reflection is a factor but not necessary be best one as my car glass already got some protection according to the spec, but importantly the workmanship must be good, i don't want bubbles on my wind screen after few months [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

hi Guys, want to install solar film for my car, heard a lot of adv for cool and light, don't know good or not? anyone tried before? any other recommendation, UV and heat reflection is a factor but not necessary be best one as my car glass already got some protection according to the spec, but importantly the workmanship must be good, i don't want bubbles on my wind screen after few months [sweatdrop]

best to drop by their shop to find out personally so each brand usually have different grades (protection, tint) to suit budget and each cars' window existing tint.

I have used 3 different brands for my previous and current rides, no problems with installation, so I would say that they are competent to install the films. Furthermore, they usually have warranty and aftersales service to take care of bubbles issue.

• Praise 1

I think quite a few brands out there. Most of them has different specs and etc.

Bubbles wises I think you will be able to ask them rectify for u whenever there is. But remember to share in MCF if you encountered bubbles after few months.. At least, we will avoid.. hehehe. :D

Maybe you can try to PM @infratint for his rates. Saw quite a few nice cars done up at the thread:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2690997-infratint-automotive-film/

• Praise 2

I am on Cool n lite, so far no complaint. Did a replacement on my rear passenger window after 6 years and they still r very happy to serve me. Warranty is 7 years 😃

I think quite a few brands out there. Most of them has different specs and etc.

Bubbles wises I think you will be able to ask them rectify for u whenever there is. But remember to share in MCF if you encountered bubbles after few months.. At least, we will avoid.. hehehe. :D

Maybe you can try to PM @infratint for his rates. Saw quite a few nice cars done up at the thread:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2690997-infratint-automotive-film/

Thanks for your intro....

I have 2 car done by infratint. Go & talk to Sherman. Friendly person to chat with.

Very quick & nicely done job.

Thanks for your support also...

• Praise 2

it really depends on how much you wanna spend.. that usually decides the quality.. and i agree that you have to go down to the shop to see which one you like most.. but be prepared to spend if you really want the good ones.

for me, i got the tintsy cool one (basic) from groupon earlier this year for my picanto and i find it good enough for me..

• Praise 2

I did a research previously when I was looking to install Solar Film, I ended up with Tintsy Cool Platinum Plus package (IRR:90%front,99%rear. VLT:70%front,29%rear). It was a Xmas promotion so I reckon I got a good deal.

They allow you to test the difference between each level, due to diminishing returns I chose the 2nd best package. The top range package blocks heat better but IMO is not worth the difference in price.

They use a meter to measure both the VLT and IRR rate so you know what you are really getting.

Overall quite pleased, might even consider getting them to do up my future home.

• Praise 1

I did a research previously when I was looking to install Solar Film, I ended up with Tintsy Cool Platinum Plus package (IRR:90%front,99%rear. VLT:70%front,29%rear). It was a Xmas promotion so I reckon I got a good deal.

They allow you to test the difference between each level, due to diminishing returns I chose the 2nd best package. The top range package blocks heat better but IMO is not worth the difference in price.

They use a meter to measure both the VLT and IRR rate so you know what you are really getting.

Overall quite pleased, might even consider getting them to do up my future home.

ok noted tks for the info, will chk it out....

infratint a bit too far for me

Supercharged

ok noted tks for the info, will chk it out....

infratint a bit too far for me

I got v cool at 300$ got official life time warranty card some morE. In toh guan.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

just done up my car at zen with their premium 70.. 300bucks... pretty good job done so far no bubbles seen...

just done up my car at zen with their premium 70.. 300bucks... pretty good job done so far no bubbles seen...

how is the car now ? park under sun ? still cooling ?

• Praise 2

Supercharged

how is the car now ? park under sun ? still cooling ?

tested under hot sun and so far so good... but dont expect the car still cool after under the sun for 1/2hr.. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

How much did you do it for the whole car, any diff in car you driving?

tested under hot sun and so far so good... but dont expect the car still cool after under the sun for 1/2hr.. [:)]

haha got a good link on how to cool the car :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDFNIgrvRWo

• Praise 2

Sorry to bring back this post.

I am looking install solar film soon. Usually installer has different package from low end to high end. How do owner usually confirm that the installer provide the right grade of film ? Are there any marking on the film or do they use some meter to test and show us the reading ?

• Praise 1

imho, the quality of the film is all similar just that the brands are diff only. unless you say those top grade vs lowest grade ones then probably can notice slight diff and only if you use left windows lousy right windows good. as for workmanship, tinting windows are v simple. in fact, window tinting can be done DIY. i tried doing it on my rear windows perfectly fine. just dont itchy fingers try and scratch it can alr

• Praise 2