Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

Turbocharged

Sorry to bring back this post.

I am looking install solar film soon. Usually installer has different package from low end to high end. How do owner usually confirm that the installer provide the right grade of film ? Are there any marking on the film or do they use some meter to test and show us the reading ?

Usually, they have a handheld device that will give you a reading.

Check with them before heading down.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I am just wondering will the IRR/VLT deteriorate after long expose to the sun says a year ? anyone can advice on this?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i heard from some people the device they can tweak to make their films show a higher specs but when you really put the films under the sun the results not satisfactory  :blink:  :blink:

Turbocharged

Am pondering whether to strip my ride of the rikecool film and go for another brand. Very hot when the sun shine on my hand while driving. Just scared its the same kinda film and waste money replacing.

Neutral Newbie

You can consider install Amerguard Customised Sunshade and do not need to strip the existing sunshade. Can have it as double protection.

You can check the Amerguard sunshade. Email to them to check for delivery in Sgp.

I use Absolute tint for all my previous and current ride.

I pay close to SGD500  for the top grade and you don't really feel the heat .

You can called and ask for quote , if you going down make sure you make appointment as it usually takes about 3 hours to fully done up a car .

http://www.absolutetint.com.sg/

hi Guys, want to install solar film for my car, heard a lot of adv for cool and light, don't know good or not? anyone tried before? any other recommendation, UV and heat reflection is a factor but not necessary be best one as my car glass already got some protection according to the spec, but importantly the workmanship must be good, i don't want bubbles on my wind screen after few months  [sweatdrop]

Tried VKool higher-end package for previous car 7 years back - was ok (though minor scratch from their bubble flattening tool on windscreen which I did not bother to get them to redo as I missed it when at the workshop).

Switched to Rike Cool higher end package this round for new car as VKool metallic film will cause some reduced GPS signal for the rear seat which I find has some impact to me - I do rear seat checking of navigation sometimes if am sitting in car in Malaysia. 

Service good. Quality first time round was not so good (some bubbles) as they had to rush to finish my package plus extra work within the fixed appointment slot before the next car (their boss had asked them to do some extra free work on my car - e.g. add free extra layer on top of the normal film for the rear). 

But they are very ok when I discovered the bubbles at home and scheduled another appointment to ask them to fix - they just willingly oblige (no black face etc) and for those bubbles which could not be flattened out, they just strip whole film and re-do.  As they were less rushed this time, everything was beautifully done.

If you go when that particular boss is around, you might get some free add-ons (e.g. if he see the package you choose plus your original window will not exceed the LTA tint limit and can afford to add on an extra layer for further tint/protection, he might do that for you).

Edited by jg2000

In theory, there are 2 types of filma. ..those that reflect the heat and light and those that absorb.

If you park in sun whole day, go for the first type. If you park in sun for short periods or don't drive in strong sun very often or long while, go for second type as they are cheaper.

If $ not really an issue, go for the first kind cos car interior will cool faster after driving off.

Turbocharged

Tomorrow will go down and talk to the boss.  [thumbsup]

I use Absolute tint for all my previous and current ride.

I pay close to SGD500  for the top grade and you don't really feel the heat .

You can called and ask for quote , if you going down make sure you make appointment as it usually takes about 3 hours to fully done up a car .

http://www.absolutetint.com.sg/

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Peeled off the side window solar film from my Mazda and measure the IR rejection rate and found its only 15%. Immediately get Infratint to change for me.

recently i add Llumar security film on to my existing solar film, for 4 doors i paid $530 though it is not cheap but at least i have a piece of mind cos i travel to Malaysia quite often.

all along i hardly feel the heat inside the cabin but after installing the security film (add on layer) its even cooler now [thumbsup]   at least money well spent.

Turbocharged

What is security film all about?

recently i add Llumar security film on to my existing solar film, for 4 doors i paid $530 though it is not cheap but at least i have a piece of mind cos i travel to Malaysia quite often.

all along i hardly feel the heat inside the cabin but after installing the security film (add on layer) its even cooler now [thumbsup] at least money well spent.

Turbocharged

Hey, sounds good to have them. It also does have high rejection properties on top of the security it provides right?

Security film makes it harder for pple to smash thru the windows..

Currently Im looking at V-Kool, but there are so many different ones, V6, V8, V12. and even V12 got 30, 40, 70. How much price difference is that, and compared to other brands? 

I looking to install for my moonroof also, anyone done just for the roof?