Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

In a window film thread you can also force in your car coating service......  <_<

I saw a few workshops slack when doing the front windshield, some cut holes, they don't, they will remove all components like IU, Camera, then reglue back after finish. A word of caution: always insist them to put cloth at the dash board area where there are gaps..in case on short circuit for some cars.

If new cars, always do coating first, as soon you collect car for permanent protection layer.
I use ceramic works, they use the best nano..after researching lots..they are cheap for Kubebond Nano.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

In a window film thread you can also force in your car coating service...... <_<

For Pete sake, a brand new car..need all these stuff. I wished someone had posted all in one, instead on running all over, before I got my car. Geeze.

In a window film thread you can also force in your car coating service...... <_<

Thank you for dislike. Please share your views on coating, where, what type and maybe price. Can you enlighten us? Or just a shallow attempt to hit below the belt.
  • Dislike 1

Thank you for dislike. Please share your views on coating, where, what type and maybe price. Can you enlighten us? Or just a shallow attempt to hit below the belt.

any further than this and I would have to take action

If you want to advertise, kindly be a sponsor

this thread is watched

Hi! I made an appointment to visit zen car this sat. How did u feel about their film? How long have u used them? And may I know what car are u driving?

Thanks in advance!

Zen, their film is decent.

its not the best but for that kind of price, it's still acceptable. if price is not much, I would advise you to go for something better

can really tell a difference as my side windows are huper optik top grade while my windscreen is from zen.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I will go for Zen most likely, since I have already made an appt with him. I did check out 3M before but it cost almost 100% more. I only plan to drive for 4 years on this car so not worth to go for it. Just mho

So say Kristenchoo anonymous person who's words we all have to take seriously.  [hur]

post-24957-0-33567900-1505056032.png

Obviously someone do not have the balls to openly support their own company's blatant free advertising effort....  :D

After 1.5years, my free Rikecool from CNC is starting to melt and bubble ilke crazy at many places.. so I'm thinking of changing the film.

Any gurus' advice on what to look out for? My main aim is heat reduction, not so much darkening, so am not too sure if I should be looking at IR.. or whatever acronyms.

Also, does sunshades help in reducing heat when parked? I get that the sun doesn't shine on u that much when you're inside, but if you're not, and because from physics, black absorb heat right, so only reflective surfaces bounce heat back out?

TIA

After 1.5years, my free Rikecool from CNC is starting to melt and bubble ilke crazy at many places.. so I'm thinking of changing the film.

Any gurus' advice on what to look out for? My main aim is heat reduction, not so much darkening, so am not too sure if I should be looking at IR.. or whatever acronyms.

Also, does sunshades help in reducing heat when parked? I get that the sun doesn't shine on u that much when you're inside, but if you're not, and because from physics, black absorb heat right, so only reflective surfaces bounce heat back out?

TIA

think should look at TSER.

sunshade definitely helps.

• Praise 1

TIA

Mate, Volvo cars are also installed with Rikecool and if i dun recall wrongly, it comes with 10 years warranty. If your car has a valid Rikecool warranty, why not you return to them for a replacement? They would need to honour the warranty though. I also recall receiving a Rikecool warranty card when i collected my ride.

Bdw, the melting and bubbles that appeared, were they a result of exposing your cars in the open? I would be unhappy if the solar film cannot withstand such extreme conditions. 

Tks.

• Praise 2

Mate, Volvo cars are also installed with Rikecool and if i dun recall wrongly, it comes with 10 years warranty. If your car has a valid Rikecool warranty, why not you return to them for a replacement? They would need to honour the warranty though. I also recall receiving a Rikecool warranty card when i collected my ride.

Bdw, the melting and bubbles that appeared, were they a result of exposing your cars in the open? I would be unhappy if the solar film cannot withstand such extreme conditions.

Tks.

Haha I don't drive a Volvo and I'm pretty sure my rikecool is the lowest grade one. Heck I don't even think warranty is more than 1 year if I recall correctly from my SE.

Yes I park at non sheltered carpark... so exposed to weather.

think should look at TSER.

sunshade definitely helps.

Hmm do those smaller shops provide their tser figures?

Hi,

I had my fair share of balancing my budget with performance for solar films. My car was brand new and I was not happy with the free solar films they gave.

This time round I went for both figures and demonstration to make sure my money is well spent. That being said, not a lot of shops have a demonstration. And you need to know wat figures are important to you, what are not. You want infra-red rejection or visible light or heat rejection. Took me quite a while to decide what I want. 

I went for front 3 panels only due to budget. That can be a combination for you to consider. 

• Praise 1

For Pete sake, a brand new car..need all these stuff. I wished someone had posted all in one, instead on running all over, before I got my car. Geeze.

Not really. They don't really need all these stuff as most, if not all, car dealers would already give free solar film and off-the-line they are detailed at the factory already. All these are mostly wants rather than needs.

What a new car really needs:

1. Tender-loving run-in period if it is not bench run-in;
  2. Dutiful servicing at the required cycles/periods promptly or earlier;
  3. Good tyres that provide maximum traction and safety for driver & passengers; and
  4. Fuel to run on.

All these additional accessorizing are the wants of the owner, and needs of the vendor selling their services and wares.

• Praise 1

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a solar film.

My main aim is: UV RAY PROTECTION

I'm very vain and put sunblock every 2 hours on my face. I hate the UV rays from the sun.

Can you recommend some brands for me to check out?

I don't give 2 flying fishes about what heat rejection all that. Any car park too long under the sun will die and I understand that.

• Praise 1

Hey guys,

I'm very vain and put sunblock every 2 hours on my face. I hate the UV rays from the sun.

I don't give 2 flying fishes about what heat rejection all that. Any car park too long under the sun will die and I understand that.

what do u mean by, parked under the sun too long will die?

I am getting car done with the highest end solar film 99% uv and heat rejection. It will be parked under the sun monday to friday as my office is open car park. 

• Praise 1

what do u mean by, parked under the sun too long will die?

I am getting car done with the highest end solar film 99% uv and heat rejection. It will be parked under the sun monday to friday as my office is open car park. 

Haha I meant;

no solar film can prevent the car's internal temperature from rising after say 2 hours parked in the hot sun. 

I'm really not particular about heat rejection and only concerned with blocking UV.

Hey guys,

Let me recommend you the best sunblock in the world.

No need to re-apply every 2 hrs.

↡ Advertisement