Michelin starred restaurants

L_club23

Turbocharged

Tim ho wan is one star michelin lol

really??? those giving THW a star better have their tongues checked. [lipsrsealed]

Only that specific outlet in Hong Kong...

Singapore has zero Michelin starred restaurants lor... Kinda irritating the number of people saying eat Tim Ho Wan here "got michelin star one"

really??? those giving THW a star better have their tongues checked. [lipsrsealed]

wonder would they give chicken rice or chilli crab hawker one star [laugh]

Maybe easier to ask who has eaten at an actual Michelin starred restaurant before.

Share the experience here ler.

Only that specific outlet in Hong Kong...

Singapore has zero Michelin starred restaurants lor... Kinda irritating the number of people saying eat Tim Ho Wan here "got michelin star one"

Haha poor people like me eat one star happy liao. Even if sg one no star but hk one got star so consider have ba.

Maybe easier to ask who has eaten at an actual Michelin starred restaurant before.

Actually i ate before in Ming Court during my stay in Langham Place HK, i think got michelin star but forgot whether its one or two stars. But definitely one of best restaurant i ever tried

Basically there are no Michelin stars restaurants here . They may have their Michelin stars in other countries but no resturants are given stars yet .

Some restaurants like Cut , Joel Robochun are Michelin stars restaurants but not the one here ,

To me personally I don't really go for the stars , I would prefer to patronise restaurants that are owner chefs . You will find the food just as good if not better and usually you don't have to pay for the marketing !

My 3 cents worth

Happy Eating

• Praise 1

(edited)

Haha poor people like me eat one star happy liao. Even if sg one no star but hk one got star so consider have ba.

Actually i ate before in Ming Court during my stay in Langham Place HK, i think got michelin star but forgot whether its one or two stars. But definitely one of best restaurant i ever tried

Its different, kitchen team is different, source of ingredients might be different etc etc...

Put it this way, during the 4Xfour festival, I tried the food from Santi's kitchen team here... It is still vastly different from the quality of the food at their actual restauran... and not in a good way...

Edited by L_club23

(edited)

Share more ler, like what dishes are the best or what made the experience so good.

Basically there are no Michelin stars restaurants here . They may have their Michelin stars in other countries but no resturants are given stars yet .

Some restaurants like Cut , Joel Robochun are Michelin stars restaurants but not the one here ,

To me personally I don't really go for the stars , I would prefer to patronise restaurants that are owner chefs . You will find the food just as good if not better and usually you don't have to pay for the marketing !

My 3 cents worth

Happy Eating

I beg to differ that you will find food just as good if not better...Care to qualify that by giving an actual example of such a restaurant you'd eaten at compared to a Michelin starred place you'd also been too?

Edited by L_club23

Share more ler, like what dishes are the best or what made the experience so good.

I beg to differ that you will find food just as good if not better...Care to qualify that by giving an actual example of such a restaurant you'd eaten at compared to a Michelin starred place you'd also been too?

I only remembered i paid about sgd200 per person, restaurant always full so i book the day before. I only remember few dishes like cod fish, the fried rice, the boiled soup (forgot whats inside but very ho jiak!)

Definitely worth the money, and taste better than imperial restaurant in mbs

• Praise 1

My 3 cents worth

Happy Eating

agree to that.

(edited)

I only remembered i paid about sgd200 per person, restaurant always full so i book the day before. I only remember few dishes like cod fish, the fried rice, the boiled soup (forgot whats inside but very ho jiak!)

Definitely worth the money, and taste better than imperial restaurant in mbs

Wah SGD200 per person, but worth it you say!

Aiyo, those restaurants in MBS leverage on the hype and name...Some more usually more expensive than the actual Michelin starred restaurant that it borrows its reputation from...

Edited by L_club23

Turbocharged

Ming Court has 2 stars

Tried a 3 star Cantonese restaurant in HK. I really really think the certain dishes in Li Bai or even Wah Lok are comparable.

Aiyo, those restaurants in MBS leverage on the hype and name...Some more usually more expensive than the actual Michelin starred restaurant that it borrows its reputation from...

Yes mbs one i had tried the jin shan as well, about 1.xk one table, but still lose to ming court.

The dim sum restaurant right? Somewhere at Plaza Sing.? Morning 10+am weekday, saw people already queuing even before it's open for business.

Some high-end restaurants literally only sell ambiance and branding only.. esp those restaurant ''chains''.. But u really can taste the difference between lei garden in Hk and in singapore...

imho... best chinese restaurant is fook lam moon. Simple things made to taste exquisite.

↡ Advertisement