Michelin starred restaurants

L_club23

$500-1000 per pax at one of this places is really a dream for most people. once a lifetime kind of thing.

and to be honest. it really isn't worth it. more hype than quality really

↡ Advertisement

How is a 3-star rating any better ? For something as subjective as taste ? Like you said it yourself, its just a guide, based on European taste bud. It's different from hotel star rating, which is based on more objective criteria, but still doesn't tell you much about the experience.

Again, I never said that they are better than other restaurants, you are the one saying they are overrated... based on?

I just want to hear of people's experiences... Sheesh...

(edited)

Have eaten at many Michelin star restaurants around the world , and the truth is many are over rated

For me , the important thing is the food. But to get 3 stars, you need to have food, service, ambience and whatever else the reviewers think is important.

Ate at a few starred restaurants in Japan and it was disappointing for the hype and price. The neighborhood food shops were just as good or even better.

I remember in Ginza I tried a 3 star sushi, after finishing that I was so disappointed I went a short distance away to a 1 star (now no star) sushi which was so much better

Hong Kong Ritz Carlton Dim Sum was Michelin starred but food was not better than our Singapore Dim Sum restaurants.

But if you have to go and try , I realize that the trick is actually to choose the 1 star restaurants rather than the 3 star ones.

These 1 star ones usually get it because of the food. They don't have the fancy ass settings so don't get the 3 stars but it means the prices are also not too crazy.

And the 1 star ones treat you better , while the 3 star places consider giving you a reservation as a favour

This is what I want to hear about! I agree that the experience varies despite the star rating.

However I have a lasting impression from my 5 hour lunch at Can Fabes and it thoroughly deserved its stars.

I have yet to try any Michelin starred places in Asia though.

Hmm... I didn't experience the hoity toity attitude at the 3-star places I've been too though so I'm rather surprised by that.

Edited by L_club23

$500-1000 per pax at one of this places is really a dream for most people. once a lifetime kind of thing.

and to be honest. it really isn't worth it. more hype than quality really

It doesn't cost that much at a lot of these places. You'd be surprised that they are actually cheaper than a lot of restaurants in Singapore.

(edited)

What does any Mo knows about hawker food. For local food , Leslie's, of ieatishoot, endorsement carries more weight than any of these any moh rating.

I quote another poster... "Overrated. Why you need Leslie to tell you good or not ? Taste is very subjective and varies greatly between cultures." [:p]

Are all the evaluators who give the stars ang mohs?

Ang moh-specific xenophobic assumptions from lots of people here I guess... [laugh]

Edited by L_club23

It doesn't cost that much at a lot of these places. You'd be surprised that they are actually cheaper than a lot of restaurants in Singapore.

ok lah.

maybe the one i went kena tok. lol

(edited)

Excellent .. 3-star name calling also part of the Michelin experience ?

An example of name calling would be "You are stupid"

Not the general observation and opinion I posted. [cool]

Also, dunno how you relate it to "the Michelin experience".

I dun even know what is as you so aptly put it "the Michelin experience"

ok lah.

maybe the one i went kena tok. lol

Rich enough to tio tok though you. [laugh]

Edited by L_club23

open liao see how the business go.

First look at Hawker Chan in Chinatown

Major F&B group Hersing Culinary and Singapore’s Michelin-starred hawker Chan Hon Ming on Friday (11 November) invited the media to a preview of their first Hawker Chan restaurant since announcing their business partnership on 28 October.

Located at 78 Smith Street, just minutes away from the original Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle store at Chinatown Food Complex, the first franchise outlet is slated to open to the public before Friday (18 November).

Customers can expect a bigger variety of dishes at Hawker Chan, whose menu also includes roasted pork and pork rib dishes, as well as side dishes such as Thai-style tofu and wonton soup.

Meal prices will be comparatively higher – a plate of soya sauce chicken rice costs $3.80 and a plate of soya sauce chicken noodle costs $4.80.

post-1109-0-96950900-1478846522.jpg

post-1109-0-46156300-1478846540.jpg

post-1109-0-47078100-1478846575.jpg

post-1109-0-68990800-1478846627.jpg

more picture here:

• Praise 2

open liao see how the business go.

damn the char siew looks yummy.

I wouldn't mind trying. He's helming the restaurant i think. The stall on top by his assistants

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1