Toyota Regains No. 1 in Singapore

yo2020

VW still at number 4. Not bad for a car reputed with so many problems and poor after sales service. Just visit VW Singapore Facebook page and you can see the number of complaints there are.

maybe most VW buyers don't have FB or MCF Forum account

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Honda doesn't belong to 10th spot. Kah Motor have to buck up, it's embarrassing.

With what? The way over priced accord or the fugly civic? .. Ohhh.. Maybe the new city... Hehehe

• Praise 2

Honda doesn't belong to 10th spot. Kah Motor have to buck up, it's embarrassing.

The current COE prices have made continental cars more worthy buys than the Japanese ones:

01. 1872 Toyota

02. 1870 Merc

03. 1408 BMW

04. 0932 VW

Except Toyota but the gap is just 2 cars away from Merc.

Go down and take a look at new Altis. The workmanship. In Singapore, we can'even make a toy car. By the way, we are renting a car for 10 years. Not buying a car.

What workmanship are you talking about? Exposed metal hinges in the boot? Horrible plastic on the dashboard? Unfinished welding on the cabin floor? Misaligned bumper to the body? Please. Even if you love your Toyota you can't be blind to the fact that the Altis is a cheap car made for developing markets in Asia.

At least the Auris is made to a much higher standard. But if I want a Japanese saloon I would take the Mazda 3 any day. And although the Civic is super ugly, it's still properly built unlike the Altis.

So sorry! Toyota sold 403,000 units of Camry Y2013 in America. Not far way is Honda Accord. 360,000 units.

Check the JD Power Survey. Which car is more reliable?

Your quoting the Camry's strong sales in the USA in every other post is getting really tiring. Don't you have something worthwhile to contribute other than praising Toyota and whacking other brands nonstop?

And if reliability is all you care about, do you also use a Nokia 3310? It's definitely more reliable than any smartphone available today. It's just that not everyone likes to be stuck in the low tech past.

• Praise 9

Supersonic

Toyota wins mercs by 2 units! Looks like the altis never failed to help toyota sell like hot cakes! Altis plus the camry, no wonder toyota can become no 1 again!

What workmanship are you talking about? Exposed metal hinges in the boot? Horrible plastic on the dashboard? Unfinished welding on the cabin floor? Misaligned bumper to the body? Please. Even if you love your Toyota you can't be blind to the fact that the Altis is a cheap car made for developing markets in Asia.

At least the Auris is made to a much higher standard. But if I want a Japanese saloon I would take the Mazda 3 any day. And although the Civic is super ugly, it's still properly built unlike the Altis.

Your quoting the Camry's strong sales in the USA in every other post is getting really tiring. Don't you have something worthwhile to contribute other than praising Toyota and whacking other brands nonstop?

And if reliability is all you care about, do you also use a Nokia 3310? It's definitely more reliable than any smartphone available today. It's just that not everyone likes to be stuck in the low tech past.

I don't have money to change car every 5 years.

My 9.5 years old Picnic, 260K mileage. No replacement of aircon, gearbox and etc. Pleaze support VW. It is a very good car.

So sorry! This is fact.

The current COE prices have made continental cars more worthy buys than the Japanese ones:

01. 1872 Toyota

02. 1870 Merc

03. 1408 BMW

04. 0932 VW

We are not buying car. We are renting a car for 10 years.

Don't forget our rice is imported from Thailand.

Japanese seem to be fighting back. Nissan, Mazda and Honda now back in top 10.

I guess it will always depend on how COE goes ba. Since it's predicted to drop now, naturally people will veer back to bread-and-butter Japanese brands.

We can only see.

maybe most VW buyers don't have FB or MCF Forum account

They can still go to vagsg.com forum - no need account, ID, nor password.

They can go read all the pissed-off complaints of past and present VW owners.

Man!

The degree of built-up angst, displeasure and regret in that forum is xxxx

• Praise 1

Man!

Funny I go there everyday I did not read so many negative comments. More like resigned to the situation but not much angst.

Turbocharged

Man!

My guess is majority of VW buyer are not car savvy, they are into image and status but know nuts about car let alone read up car forum.... they will get burn within a short few years and sell it off asap... I'm seeing lesser and lesser VW on the road and carpark... All any VW buyer will they buy VW again and most likely they will say, well, I wanna try mazda cannot meh?... Hehehe

• Praise 1

(edited)

Funny I go there everyday I did not read so many negative comments. More like resigned to the situation but not much angst.

Many already sold off their VWs and don't bother to go there now lah.

What for?

My guess is majority of VW buyer are not car savvy, they are into image and status but know nuts about car let alone read up car forum.... they will get burn within a short few years and sell it off asap... I'm seeing lesser and lesser VW on the road and carpark... All any VW buyer will they buy VW again and most likely they will say, well, I wanna try mazda cannot meh?... Hehehe

True.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Twice bitten, never try. :D

With this unresolvable 7-dry DSG unreliability problem, I think they really CMI lah.

Edited by W210k
  • Praise 1

Honda Cars sells very well in U.S. Looking at LTA data, Honda is still second most populous car brand in Singapore. So is it really overpriced?

Honda claims the Accord sedan maintained its status as the best-selling car to "individuals" in the US market for the first quarter of the year 2014 since 2013. Beating Camry in this segment.

Recently, the 2014 Honda Accord was named to Parents magazine and Edmunds.com’s ‘10 Best Family Cars’ list.

This is the second straight year the Accord has earned this reward.

Already this year, the 2014 Accord has been named to a staggering number of ‘Best of’ lists including Kelley Blue Book’s ‘12 Best Family Cars of 2014,’ About.com’s ‘Best New Cars of 2014,’ Automobile Magazine’s ‘All-Star List,’ and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s ‘Best Value Awards.’

Civic was the outright winner in the small-car segment by more than 10,000 units.

Maybe it because of high COE price in recent years that made Honda drop out of top 10 sales in Singapore for past few years.

With COE price dropping, Jap may make a comeback.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

You had said all what need to said.

• Praise 2

With what? The way over priced accord or the fugly civic? .. Ohhh.. Maybe the new city... Hehehe

main_color06.jpg

What about the Vezel? It looks pretty good to me.

• Praise 3

01. 1872 Toyota

02. 1870 Merc

03. 1408 BMW

04. 0932 VW

Look at the whole picture 1 to 10. Singaporean is smart. Pocket deep enough Mercedes. Otherwise, Japanese car.
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Ya, I agree Toyota make dull car as compare to its Korean counterpart. Let look at VW, their design is not much better and yet has many DSG gear box issue. I nearly jump into Jetta and finally decided for a MIJ parallel import model which I have driven for more than 6 years now, have not replace any parts yet not even my brake pad when I am a fast driver. In my life time till today I have own 2 previous Toyota Corolla model and my last Toyota I owned for 6 years had a water pump change only. I am still waiting for JDM Toyota Allion or Premio model to release its latest model which usually has model renewal after 5 ~ 6 years period. Good reliability and good fuel consumption will make me to stick to Toyota again and that is why Toyota is world leading car manufacturer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6