Toyota Regains No. 1 in Singapore

yo2020

Looking at the figures, continental cars still selling like hotcakes leh... and Volkswagen? Almost 1k even though they had a lot of bad publicity recently. For French cars, im surprised that Citroen did better than Peugeot and Renault.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

wah, Vezel sold 1k over units in May [thumbsup]

horrible monthly figure for single model

The SUV sales figure also include CRV & HRV too. But I am surprise how well recieved is the Vezel Hybrid (Honda only have 1 hybrid SUV in it current lineup). 92 were sold in May alone, and cummulative fugure for this model has reached almost 300 (297 to be exact) in just 5 months, more than total no. of hybrid models sold by Toyota & Lexus in the same period (264 units). Impressive. [thumbsup]

• Praise 7

The SUV sales figure also include CRV & HRV too. But I am surprise how well recieved is the Vezel Hybrid (Honda only have 1 hybrid SUV in it current lineup). 92 were sold in May alone, and cummulative fugure for this model has reached almost 300 (297 to be exact) in just 5 months, more than total no. of hybrid models sold by Toyota & Lexus in the same period (264 units). Impressive. [thumbsup]

Good spot bro!

Just my view only but I'm kiasu so won't buy a hybrid from PI but obviously it's so well received that almost a hundred people dare to in just 1 month so credit to Honda Vezel [thumbsup]

On a separate note, quite surprised to see Mitsubishi slowly inching their way up n now I believe they just scrape into the top 10. They had a terrible last year or so and now have brought in models at fair prices to beef up sales. Though the Lancer is long in the tooth and Attrage is really entry level but has helped but with a total of 4 models only, I don't know how they will survive?

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Who says there is a recession...........

Not when Porsche outsold Jaguar and Infiniti................

Uniquely Singapore.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Who says there is a recession...........

Not when Porsche outsold Jaguar and Infiniti................

Uniquely Singapore.

• Praise 1

basically CRV + HRV contribution should be less than 20 units, almost it can be ignored

basically CRV + HRV contribution should be less than 20 units, almost it can be ignored

very sure sooner or later Honda will be No.1, as 10th gen Civic launch sure push its figure up

• Praise 1

very sure sooner or later Honda will be No.1, as 10th gen Civic launch sure push its figure up

How you know that civic will outsell Altis?

I also believe there is a possibility Civic will outsell Altis cos it's a newer model and historically has always sold well bar 9Gen. Only thing that might derail it is the price. We shall see.....

• Praise 7

I wonder who will disagree vezel outselling altis

What he meant was the total honda sales. Not that particular model

• Praise 1

Good spot bro!

Just my view only but I'm kiasu so won't buy a hybrid from PI but obviously it's so well received that almost a hundred people dare to in just 1 month so credit to Honda Vezel [thumbsup]

On a separate note, quite surprised to see Mitsubishi slowly inching their way up n now I believe they just scrape into the top 10. They had a terrible last year or so and now have brought in models at fair prices to beef up sales. Though the Lancer is long in the tooth and Attrage is really entry level but has helped but with a total of 4 models only, I don't know how they will survive?

ive seen quite a few ASX recently. 

There's a new ASX in my carpark and in my parent's HDB Carpark as well.

• Praise 1

I also believe there is a possibility Civic will outsell Altis cos it's a newer model and historically has always sold well bar 9Gen. Only thing that might derail it is the price. We shall see.....

In Singapore it might not be possible of Civic outsell Altis, because most buyers only want 4 wheels with good FC and reliability and price cheap  which can bring them from A to B, they don't care performance, Safety, handling... those MCF discussed topics

• Praise 1

Supersonic

In Singapore it might not be possible of Civic outsell Altis, because most buyers only want 4 wheels with good FC and reliability and price cheap  which can bring them from A to B, they don't care performance, Safety, handling... those MCF discussed topics

Altis no doubts good in FC and reliability, but price wise don't think it is cheap la. Altis price is getting more and more ex for new and used if compared with others B&B cars.

i got a feeling the new honda civic 10th Gen will be like FD2 Series hehehee... Hot like hotcakes.. esp the 1.5T variant.. considering the new civic is more wider and spacious than the previous models.. hmmz... like what most suggests.. price is the deciding factor

Altis no doubts good in FC and reliability, but price wise don't think it is cheap la. Altis price is getting more and more ex for new and used if compared with others B&B cars.

Altis (around 110k ) vs Civic ( around 130k??)

In term of spec, I confirm will take civic.

But the way KM price their car, i highly reckon they may price it at least 130k.

So let's take 110k vs 130k for now.

For a B&B car group , I would say price is the top priority in this section and with the additional 20k, the choice is quite obvious.

↡ Advertisement