Toyota Regains No. 1 in Singapore

yo2020

Frankly, to each their own la. Everyone got different wants and needs.

But I do agree with one thing though. Car is an expensive purchase (especially so in Singapore), and it's shocking to see so many people simply buy without thinking. It's not just Singapore where this is the case (it's a people thing. Most people are not into cars and see them as merely appliances. Can work then okay already), but I feel that given our exorbitant prices wouldn't you at least put some thought into it before splashing the cash. I don't think people chin chye buy house also right?

I mean, if the car works and fulfills your requirements, then good lah. If not then maybe you should really think harder next time when considering your next buy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Why?.. You were gang raped in a honda before?.. Hehehe

He opines only Ah Beng drive Honda in S'pore... Haa....

• Praise 1

The chart simply reflect both the automobile leader in the current market, Toyota and Merc.

Both have the quality and reliability.

Definitely deserve the top 2 spots

Just that, one is targeting at the mass market and the other at the high end customer.... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

You mean ATF is different for 4AT and CVT?

many different varieties even for 4at alone. Unlike manual GB, atf wrong filling is a disaster.

But I do agree with one thing though. Car is an expensive purchase (especially so in Singapore), and it's shocking to see so many people simply buy without thinking. It's not just Singapore where this is the case (it's a people thing. Most people are not into cars and see them as merely appliances. Can work then okay already), but I feel that given our exorbitant prices wouldn't you at least put some thought into it before splashing the cash. I don't think people chin chye buy house also right?

I mean, if the car works and fulfills your requirements, then good lah. If not then maybe you should really think harder next time when considering your next buy.

Totally agreed :)

Everyone have our own preference, whether its from past records, past sentimental feelings, etc etc.

There are ppl who swear by Toyota, same goes to Nissan, Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai, VW, etc etc...

As long as you like and able to afford, just buy and drive :)

Ultimately, you are the one sitting inside enjoying your ride, whereas all of us are just standing outside, kpo :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Everyone have our own preference, whether its from past records, past sentimental feelings, etc etc.

There are ppl who swear by Toyota, same goes to Nissan, Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai, VW, etc etc...

Ultimately, you are the one sitting inside enjoying your ride, whereas all of us are just standing outside, kpo :D

One man's poison, another's meat!! [sweatdrop]

Some drivers like to poison their cars, others like to taste their meat in the backseat [:p]

You will be surprised a lot of people buy houses like this too. Look at the queue of people placing cheque deposits on locations with at least 7 new launches nearby. If want to sell or rent, it would be competitive

Each one buys cars based on their own preference. So there is no right or wrong. No VW or Toyota banshees please as we should respect each other choices unless you can use statistics factually here.

• Praise 1

(edited)

it's been shown that brand loyalty goes a long way in car ownership. More than ownership of any other item.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

it's been shown that brand loyalty goes a long way in car ownership. More than ownership of any other item.

Not handphone meh?.. Hehehe

Everytime I read people attacking Toyota, usually they'll say it's made in thailand blah blah... Volkwagen Jetta is made in Mexico. BMW 3 series is made in South Africa. What's the deal??

Maybe that's why got some quality issues [lipsrsealed]

Was toyota top in 2004?

It's 10 yrs up for the COE, so many altis are changing to altis?

interesting theory.

yes, 1st gen altis is hitting 10th yr. my fren has jz changed his SFJ altis to mazda3.

yes, toyota has been top in 2003 n 2004. in fact, all the way till 2010 when coe is shooting up.

• Praise 1

No. The answer is I do not have so many days of annual leave. My car works for me. I don't work for my car.

interesting theory.

yes, 1st gen altis is hitting 10th yr. my fren has jz changed his SFJ altis to mazda3.

yes, toyota has been top in 2003 n 2004. in fact, all the way till 2010 when coe is shooting up.

Subura car is very good.

interesting theory.

My friend also, corolla, then altis, changing to the new altis again.

His main reason is FC, maintenance, and reliability.

In sales so cover long distances each month.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Ya, I agree Toyota make dull car as compare to its Korean counterpart. Let look at VW, their design is not much better and yet has many DSG gear box issue. I nearly jump into Jetta and finally decided for a MIJ parallel import model which I have driven for more than 6 years now, have not replace any parts yet not even my brake pad when I am a fast driver. In my life time till today I have own 2 previous Toyota Corolla model and my last Toyota I owned for 6 years had a water pump change only. I am still waiting for JDM Toyota Allion or Premio model to release its latest model which usually has model renewal after 5 ~ 6 years period. Good reliability and good fuel consumption will make me to stick to Toyota again and that is why Toyota is world leading car manufacturer.

Is the allion/premio new hybrid model coming out anytime soon? Heard from a source somewhere but forgotten where...

Edited by Lawrencehots1

Wow... Your brake pad can last 6yrs?... Amazing.... I'm a fast driver as well but I have to change my brake pad every 50K km.. Or maybe around 2yrs once... Hehehe

Fast is very subjective...to some 60kmh is fast already, but to others only >100kmh then is fast lor ^-^
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1