Property in Johor

nazerath

Totally agree,not for appreciation,however currently can only buy 500k least 1 million at medini ares whereby ppty are leasehold,elsewhere 1million min.however do you homework especially developer.2 cents thought.

• Praise 6

Will you be buying for own stay or for investment? The factors to consider can be quite different for both.

Are they a sound buy? Anyone have properties there?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

more for own but not really to stay now, more of a weekend home maybe. Not to flip for profit, maybe rent to use the money to upkeep the place. Paying in full so no loans / interest. Likely to lose money?

I have relatives who bought last time but all have sold away. didnt ask why.

Supercharged

I have relatives who bought last time but all have sold away. didnt ask why.

You should ask them why.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My friend has weekend home in JB. Went in one day and found that the aircon compressor had been ripped out! Now using portable room aircon units that can fit in car boot.

• Praise 1

My friend has weekend home in JB. Went in one day and found that the aircon compressor had been ripped out! Now using portable room aircon units that can fit in car boot.

Yup, best to stay put in our little safe island.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

that I am aware will happen. They cant steal the property. can try paying neighbors to look after or rent cheaply and let the tenants look after. Not looking for a luxurious setup. Something very barebone coz it is the property that I finally want.

(edited)

if that's what you want ... get a condo ... the risk of damaged or unwanted people (ie: drug addicts) squatting in your home (ie: landed) is low

check out Medini (many projects) ... this one is close to 2nd link (less than 10mins) and many projects are co-developed with spore company invested to it ... the quality is good ... surrounding is good ... many ameneties ... etc

the price is "inflated" now but can see see look look and wait for right opportunity

since you just want a weekend cosy home .... if you want a 5000sqft double storey semi-D then that's different criteria already

that I am aware will happen. They cant steal the property. can try paying neighbors to look after or rent cheaply and let the tenants look after. Not looking for a luxurious setup. Something very barebone coz it is the property that I finally want.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Mine also kenna ripped out...

But since that was spoilt for years, I would like to thank that particular fella whom helped me to remove the compressor unit. ^_^

Noticed some of the condos are under-maintained, that's why not really fond of condos. Though you do have security guards at the gate, so less chances of druggies sneaking up to your place when you're not in. Saw "Sky Garden Residences" which is along the E2, not bad, RM500K+ for un-reno'd 3 bdrm ~900sqft apartment. Mont Callista also doesn't look too bad either, Semi-D, 3 storey, 3000+sqft, clubhouse, guarded entrance 24hr .etc which is going for ~1M.

Well, to be honest, I'm also thinking of letting go mine. -_-

• Praise 1

johor property is not for everyone

1. to live in immediately, yes for those who dont come in spore everday and peak period

2. weekend home ... no no no ... not worth it. might as well go to many other places during weekend

3. investment ... must get the best in term of location or quality and brandname

People already made monies and got out.

There is no control on supply, so we are likely to see grief unless Iskandar really attracts a lot of REAL investment (ie. industrial, manufacturing, services and not just property speculation).

Own stay, maybe but I would wait.

↡ Advertisement