Property in Johor

nazerath

(edited)

Ultimately, on e have to do ground work there to understand the implications and exit strategies. That is why many still stick to Singapore as a easy way out to invest. If one call it as an investment, mean one is looking for much higher returns compare to our CPF SA. If one invest below that returns, what the point. Just because it is in Singapore. If our realize, we are heading toward what Japan is of today. Is a nice country with 4 seasons. For 3 decades, population have not been able to grow and we see greying day by day. Do you think this greying population will buy more properties ? 

Back to Singapore. Yes, many said land scare, Don't worry. It will fill up in no time. Price will escalate sooner or later. Before one decides , understand the what is happening outside of us. These points are well known to public. I just summarized here :

1. Recently, China seem to be alienating us.

2. OBOR created by the Chinese, is going to economically affecting us in many fronts.

3. The change of the world Order, US policies is unclear and retreating on US, China is stepping up to fill the void.

4. Our Port use to be a strategic point of business follow between the East and West. But things are starting to happen from the North(China and northern SEA).

5. China include HSR development, in Malaysia. That is stopped at KL. We are excluded.

6. IA Automation, as mentioned. This is going to remove many jobs. In turn we do not need many foreigners and also our own workers. It is gaining traction here and the development is getting faster.

7. Many businessman, like have understood the benefits of running operations across the causeway. (This is our third year, since shifted operations in JB)    

8. Foxccon, the largest contracting manufacturing that builds iPhone, is now working with US to build a fully automated plants that product iPhones at a slightly higher. They are going for big impact to Asia supply chain. It is unknown, how many jobs are going to US. 

9. Our TFR rate is at 1.2. Which is below the replacing level of 2.1 for many years. This will need more imported foreigners to become new citizens to cover the shortfall. Which is not happening.

10. It is a known fact that Singaporeans love to have second home. That include me. But, many bought second home and hope to rent out. So if majority are doing the recently, what is the competition like ,forward? That is why the rental market is still trending down, even the mass market started warmed up. This was due to to the slight change in policy. But not a signal of a good market.

Naturally, people used the pass decades of data and extrapolate into future. Thinking that the local property will only goes up in time. We are looking alike Japan, where other Asian countries are growing strong during developing stage. This had happened to us between 1970s - 1990s.

have you poll your office people on why they dont want to be a PR or a citizen?

Some of them I know tells me that they only using SG as a stepping stone to further their ability to go to US or AU to work. 

And I dont even want to go into the Army boys thing as its all water under the bridge.

Some of the previous years of passion to go out to explore places like US and AU for us local was viewed with disdain and labelled as quitter and brain drain.

I do agree we need to re gen to make up for the population by having good people introduce to the Singapore population. Just that the policy and process to attract the talent and out placement and opportunity in this current state of affair has bough on multiple alienation to the work force.

I believe in part, the issuing of PR has slowed down. I know of a office colleague who was so full of himself that he rejected on the invitation to be a PR. But as the industry started to hive off the resource, he got displaced.

Now that wants to apply to be a PR so that he does not go back to his home country, the PR application is rejected.

Recently the Snr Mini star has spoken about the restriction of labour not only of US and Briexit, but also from india to SG, I think the disadvantage to the local has started to be less of an issue. But its a little too late for many who have being affected in previous years.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why most in PR status are still PR, and refuse to convert to citizen? I have spoken to many in this status and they found not point of converting , since they can return anytime if the country is having problem or opportunities is reduce. They have 2 way tickets, whereas we have 1.

have you poll your office people on why they dont want to be a PR or a citizen?

Some of them I know tells me that they only using SG as a stepping stone to further their ability to go to US or AU to work. 

And I dont even want to go into the Army boys thing as its all water under the bridge.

Some of the previous years of passion to go out to explore places like US and AU for us local was viewed with disdain and labelled as quitter and brain drain.

I do agree we need to re gen to make up for the population by having good people introduce to the Singapore population. Just that the policy and process to attract the talent and out placement and opportunity in this current state of affair has bough on multiple alienation to the work force.

I believe in part, the issuing of PR has slowed down. I know of a office colleague who was so full of himself that he rejected on the invitation to be a PR. But as the industry started to hive off the resource, he got displaced.

Now that wants to apply to be a PR so that he does not go back to his home country, the PR application is rejected.

Recently the Snr Mini star has spoken about the restriction of labour not only of US and Briexit, but also from india to SG, I think the disadvantage to the local has started to be less of an issue. But its a little too late for many who have being affected in previous years.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/renting-a-home-can-be-a-savvy-decision?&utm_source=google_gmail&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=addtoany

Very interesting and new insight to property investments.

• Praise 5

Has property prices came down in JB? Country Garden @ Denga Bay (think many singapaorean bought) still selling same price as in 2013?   

Once the JB Sultan removes the 1M restriction, Sing will go in and mop up the supply.

sg condo ... 1 project 700 units sibei hard to move liao, danga bay 1 project 9,000 units

still got 4,000 units to whack ... MTL ... huat ah!

Has property prices came down in JB? Country Garden @ Denga Bay (think many singapaorean bought) still selling same price as in 2013?   

Once the JB Sultan removes the 1M restriction, Sing will go in and mop up the supply.

post-7984-0-93637700-1510978609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

post-131345-0-12384600-1510996827_thumb.png

Quick buy jb property now....when cannot rent or sell.

Post here about your sorry plight...we can sure joke about it :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

i am sure the malaysian property agents would have disappear from here [laugh] 

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 6

I stayed in an Airbnb apartment in Mount Austin JB. They just TOP 4 mths ago.To my surprised their 3 bedroom condo is only RM500,000.

But I find that their workmanship are not v good. The floor tiles gaps are so wide and can see wall corners not cemented properly can see gaps.

• Praise 4

I stayed in an Airbnb apartment in Mount Austin JB. They just TOP 4 mths ago.To my surprised their 3 bedroom condo is only RM500,000.

But I find that their workmanship are not v good. The floor tiles gaps are so wide and can see wall corners not cemented properly can see gaps.

the gap is for installation of CCTVs ...  [:p]

• Praise 2

Why most in PR status are still PR, and refuse to convert to citizen? I have spoken to many in this status and they found not point of converting , since they can return anytime if the country is having problem or opportunities is reduce. They have 2 way tickets, whereas we have 1.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/renting-a-home-can-be-a-savvy-decision?&utm_source=google_gmail&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=addtoany

Very interesting and new insight to property investments.

My ex boss who has been a PR for 20 yrs.. got rejected ..

Wow. Any black mark in his record?

Hard to believe a 20 year PR would get rejected. Maybe they invited him to apply some time in the past and he rejected them before.

the only reason is “old already” and “cep” (current estimated potential) is low. hence. it’s a “liability” for ah gong

Edited by Wt_know

Hard to believe a 20 year PR would get rejected. Maybe they invited him to apply some time in the past and he rejected them before.

Not that I know of. And . I meant his PR not renewed.. after his retirement..

the only reason is âold alreadyâ and âcepâ (current estimated potential) is low. hence. itâs a âliabilityâ for ah gong

Maybe he is single.... you think ah gong what him? Ah gong want his children ba.

As you said, his CEP Low ba

yeah..

There was a time during sub prime, every FT that got retrench quickly applied PR because they can choose to give it up if they want to move. But as they were akan datang to be retrenched and the work permit last for a very short duration, many jump on the opportunity.

The part where if you become a PR you loose your expat status is what stopping them from getting a PR. There is an easy way out of this and that to take an assignment outside of Sg after 3 to 5 years. Do a 2 years rotation and then come back and enjoy the perks of paid car, paid condo, paid holiday twice a year back to country as well as container load of furnishing bought in and international school of children paid by company. Not forgetting the usual country club and gym benefits which is not used.

↡ Advertisement