Fukushima! The ongoing disasters

Kklim

Supersonic

We have a clown too, want to start a nuclear plant in this pathetic small island

I agree with nuclear plant, if they put it under the istana and oxley road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I agree with nuclear plant, if they put it under the istana and oxley road.

without the radiation we are already ruled by people who thinks they are godzilla.....if they are exposed to radiation.....god forbid what will they become!
  • Praise 1

(edited)

can hold neighbour ransom if beh song we turn off the cooling water and let the uranium rod overheated

it is like a ready made nuclear bomb .... [:(]

Just build one la, in case of any leak, not only us die, our neighbour will die also. Nuclear power is cheap option, i want!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

can hold neighbour ransom if beh song we turn off the cooling water and let the uranium rod overheated

it is like a ready made nuclear bomb .... [:(]

Yes everytime we are the victim like haze and water drought haha

Next time they are

• Praise 1

That is not as pie-in-the-sky as you make it sound - keep in mind where our energy supplies are coming from as of right now. With the energy demands that our little island has, cutting off our fuel will cripple the country even though we do not die of hunger or thirst.

Even if nuclear energy is not chosen, it is something that couldn't, and shouldn't be dismissed without considering the benefits and implications.

Whether or not we take up nuclear energy, we need to have backup plans should our primary suppliers decide to squeeze us a little. What is the price of freedom and independence?

Nuclear energy ? China Govt is already investing billions to build a Thorium Reactor and their smartest and brightest are given 10years.

For those who don't know what Thorium is, YouTube it.

The world has never had shortage of energy. It's only the Energy guys that what to promote a finite source that keeps you addicted to it.

If scientists can harness the energy potential of Thorium, you can literally drive your car for 100 years without a recharge.

• Praise 1

That is not as pie-in-the-sky as you make it sound - keep in mind where our energy supplies are coming from as of right now. With the energy demands that our little island has, cutting off our fuel will cripple the country even though we do not die of hunger or thirst.

Even if nuclear energy is not chosen, it is something that couldn't, and shouldn't be dismissed without considering the benefits and implications.

Whether or not we take up nuclear energy, we need to have backup plans should our primary suppliers decide to squeeze us a little. What is the price of freedom and independence?

Just to add.

With so many nuclear reactors on planet earth, any meltdown on any reactors nearest to us right now (which is not very far away) is a death sentence anyway.

Although I hate nuclear power but it's the only way for Singapore to have clean and efficient power without requiring external help.

I wish science can provide an alternative source of power similar to nuclear but much safer in future.

• Praise 2

if people can recreate how plants store energy via photosyntheis, one example is sugar cane , it is carbon neutral.

• Praise 1

(edited)

We have so much sun and its so hot here we can have solar.

We have a lot of roof space, we can have roof gardens to grow food and

keep the flats cool.

We are an island and we have plenty of coast line, we can have wave power.

We can even out win turbines in the sea or smaller ones on rooftops.

I thot we have smart people here that can think out of the box.

We can even have piezoelectricity. Just put the wires below the PIE

and every time a car runs over it, we get free electricity.

With the jams on the PIE, CTE, AYE etc we will have lots of free

electricity. We can even put it at Changi airport, every time a plane

lands more free electricity.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Then you do not really understand politics - its more important to show our counterparts that we have the resolve to explore all possibilities than to actually take the nuclear option. They must know that if they squeeze us bad enough, we will walk away from their "good deal" permanently and take our money somewhere else. All this is merely posturing to ensure that the energy contracts that we sign for are fairly priced.

Advances in technology could result in miniature nuclear reactors producing viable amounts of energy and these could be buried underground - even under the sea if necessary. To dismiss nuclear energy without retaining an interest in it really does not serve national interests because it undermines our negotiating position in any conventional energy supply discussion.

Just like those nuclear submarines reactor?

Imagine all these small reactors deep in the seas linked to SG by undersea power cables like those fibre optic cables.

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

to my limited knowledge, solar and wind energy is the way to go. Sun and Wind are free.

Funny, just last night, when i was brushing my teeth, i have the funny thought that countries should use surrounding deserted islands to harness solar and wind energy, and find a way to store these energy in a form which can be transported back to mainland. '

its a good way to make use of those deserted islands. We do have alot of these islands on earth.

• Praise 1

Just build one la, in case of any leak, not only us die, our neighbour will die also. Nuclear power is cheap option, i want!

Never mention the word, CHEAP, here hor !! [rifle][rifle]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Everyone know sg need a backup plan but nuclear should not be one of the consideration at all. The reason is obvious... With such a small island, 1 accident and this island is not livable anymore and that mean whole country have to move to somewhere else... Move to where huh?... And don't tell me what blablabla it can be safe if blablabla because no one can guarantee a 100% accident free nuclear plant. Period.

Question is what other alternative source is available currently?? Solar isn't that affordable at the moment.

Become our secret weapon. The moment neigbhour want to attack us?? They also think twice before shooting missle. If accidentally hit the plant they all affected.👅

to my limited knowledge, solar and wind energy is the way to go. Sun and Wind are free.

Funny, just last night, when i was brushing my teeth, i have the funny thought that countries should use surrounding deserted islands to harness solar and wind energy, and find a way to store these energy in a form which can be transported back to mainland. '

its a good way to make use of those deserted islands. We do have alot of these islands on earth.

Think. We will be able to harness solar effectively in near future. Heard the process is getting better although currently isn't cheap enough to use as the alternate option yet.

• Praise 1

We have so much sun and its so hot here we can have solar.

We have a lot of roof space, we can have roof gardens to grow food and

keep the flats cool.

We are an island and we have plenty of coast line, we can have wave power.

We can even out win turbines in the sea or smaller ones on rooftops.

No. Singapore is hot but there's a lot of cloud cover. That's why solar technology is not used here.

Turbine farms in the sea, seriously u go east coast how much wind is there. Compared to like other places ...

Question is what other alternative source is available currently?? Solar isn't that affordable at the moment.

Become our secret weapon. The moment neigbhour want to attack us?? They also think twice before shooting missle. If accidentally hit the plant they all affected.👅

Think. We will be able to harness solar effectively in near future. Heard the process is getting better although currently isn't cheap enough to use as the alternate option yet.

Solar will never take off here. It's only used in places with low cloud cover.

The solar panels are never reaching close to their peak efficiency in our climate.

It all boils down to cost.

Laying a electrical powerline across the sea? How cheap is that?

There's a reason after so many donkey years, we still buy natural gas and petrol.

• Praise 2

A few giant fan turbines can take up one entire housing estate in terms of space required.

What we really need to concentrate on in SG is keeping our buildings cool so that they don't require too much air conditioning.

↡ Advertisement