Accident. advise needed

Vega

Turbocharged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFiQOlAdhs&feature=youtu.be

Was waiting at a cross junction to turn right.

while inching forward to see whether the traffic is clear, I came into a complete stop upon seeing a car approaching but the taxi behind me thot I will continue to move forward and kiss my rear bumper.

While our speed is very slow, the impact wasn't great but my car cam did recorded the tug sound (see or hear video).

as it was getting dark and my rear bumper is quite dirty, we (both me and the cabby) can't really spot any visible damage at the scene.

So I ask him for driving particular but the cabby refuse and starting to raise his voice at me. I called the police and they advice me to take video and pictures of both cars and report to our insurance coy.

so after taking videos and pictures, we parted ways. I clean up my rear bumper and discovered some damages on the exterior (but not sure if the internal clips are damaged).

Now, I am thinking should I report insurance since the damage is really minimal but thinking back that cabby attitude, I really wish to teach him a lesson.

And if I really report, will my premium increase since this is not my fault?

What will be your advice?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

if really really superficial damage (not even a dent) ... let it go la

with your video i think it is very hard to prove anything too

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

while inching forward to see whether the traffic is clear, I came into a complete stop upon seeing a car approaching but the taxi behind me thot I will continue to move forward and kiss my rear bumper.

While our speed is very slow, the impact wasn't great but my car cam did recorded the tug sound (see or hear video).

as it was getting dark and my rear bumper is quite dirty, we (both me and the cabby) can't really spot any visible damage at the scene.

So I ask him for driving particular but the cabby refuse and starting to raise his voice at me. I called the police and they advice me to take video and pictures of both cars and report to our insurance coy.

so after taking videos and pictures, we parted ways. I clean up my rear bumper and discovered some damages on the exterior (but not sure if the internal clips are damaged).

Now, I am thinking should I report insurance since the damage is really minimal but thinking back that cabby attitude, I really wish to teach him a lesson.

You don't report him, he report you how? Taxi drivers very guai lan one you know. Next he will say you overshoot and reverse into him. Then all his neck pain, back pain and kuku bird pain all bill to you.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

You don't report him, he report you how? Taxi drivers very guai lan one you know. Next he will say you overshoot and reverse into him. Then all his neck pain, back pain and kuku bird pain all bill to you.

didn't think from this point of view. tks for the input.

report is for 3rd party claims, if no visible damage, nothing to claim?

after cleaning my bumper, got visible damage. just that at the scene, can't see.

I am more worry of the internal of the bumper.

tks for your input too.

(edited)

From your video, there's no way you can use this piece of evidence to claim against him.

Since there's no injury n just some minor dent n scratches on your rear, let it go n private settlement with him.

Make sure you make him sign a private settlement form, no need to be super formal, just indicate important details such as name IC num car plate etc..... And mentioned that no one was injured at that point of time.

Edit : yes, to claim or not to claim, that's up to you. But to safeguard your interests, report the incident to your insurer as majority of the taxi drivers are cunning fox, better be safe than sorry

Edited by Slyison
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

reporting to insurance is compulsory even if no damages. Since he refused to give you his particulars and I believed not apologetic, just report and claim against him.

It's against GIA regulation if you do not report.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Just report to your insurance company, whether the taxi driver willing to give you his particulars not important, cause you still can report him based on the timing, day and the taxi car plate number. Your insurance company still can file claim against the driver.

• Praise 2

Better report to cover yr ass. Wen come to taxi drivers... sorry to say... they will look for any chance to get free cash n paid holiday from you

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

sianz...... want to or don't want to claim also must report. damn troublesome.......

so if I claim against the cabby, must I foot the excess?

Taxi driver won't give you his name?

There is a sign in the cab with his vocational licence

and name big big. Also you should report to the taxi company.

to protect yourself.

Hope you got a picture of his car plate and his face is even better.

:D

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Taxi driver won't give you his name?

There is a sign in the cab with his vocational licence

and name big big. Also you should report to the taxi company.

to protect yourself.

Hope you got a picture of his car plate and his face is even better.

:D

Agreed ,this type of Taxi Driver must teach him a lesson,i saw the video,not the T/S's fault,if T/S did not stop,worse still,he will hit the on-coming traffic.

• Praise 3

Better to report, like all shared u nvr know if the taxi driver turn ard n say u r at fault.

My past 3 experience with taxi driver is enough to say "report".

• Praise 1

What colour is the taxi? If it is blue i.e. Comfort Taxi, then you should be ok. Because I think all Comfort taxis are now fitted with car camera. You go to ComfortDelgro to file claim & demand for them to review the accident video.

If it is non-Comfort then may bit a bit difficult to prove if there are no damages to your or his car.

Turbocharged

its a SMRT taxi. I will report just in case that cabby claim against me instead.

don't want my kindness become my weakness thou I can live with that minor damage........

• Praise 2

the rule of thumb is very simple..

whoever hit the rear, must pay lo...

u had taken the pictures.... just bring yr car to yr insurance coy's designated workshop for "checkup"

↡ Advertisement