The best way to prepare for retirement is to use less CPF $$

Turbocharged

Actually I think we all are replying to cpf and HDB. But the question is retirement....

I think the best way to prepare for retirement is to don't think that cpf money can help us to retire.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Actually I think we all are replying to cpf and HDB. But the question is retirement....

I think the best way to prepare for retirement is to don't think that cpf money can help us to retire.

Best is Zorro can kiss my a$$.

I never say Mr Lim Swee Say = Zorro. Zorro is Mexican and fictitious and Mr Lim is Singaporean. Both are 2 different human being

Edited by Porker

. But what I believe in is free market with regulations.

There is no such thing as a free market with regulations.

If it is regulated then its not free any more.

Its like virginity there is no half half or still a bit virgin left.

:D

f**ktard indeed.

Sometimes he should keep his mouth shut and quietly collect his million dollars salary.

It seems nobody I know like this guy...

why is he still in parly ?

Turbocharged

Muayhahahaha :wub:

Hypersonic
(edited)

Keep quiet, people say he boh work leh....

He open his mouth, only nonsense come out. Not the first time.

Cheaper Better Faster anyone??

Edited by Fcw75

Turbocharged

Best is Zorro can kiss my a$$.

I never say Mr Lim Swee Say = Zorro. Zorro is Mexican and fictitious and Mr Lim is Singaporean. Both are 2 different human being

He kiss ur ass or fist??

Hypersonic
(edited)

It seems nobody I know like this guy...

why is he still in parly ?

Many people shouldn't be in parliament but unfortunately thanks to GRC system, they are inside.

Or maybe related? Who knows man.

Another one is Lemon Lim.

Edited by Fcw75

no matter how big is the salary ... max CPF is only $1800

U can get multiple CPF contributions from several companies. So it's possible to get more than 1.8k into CPF.

Just saying...

There is a difference between hand outs and welfare. I also don't believe in hand outs.

What's the difference? My English not very powerful, so gotta ask first.

Aiyoh, not everything is about virgin or not leh. Some things, black and white important, but most things in life, is either grey or in colour de..

Housing (to me) in Singapore is somewhat of a grey area. There's free market for places like Sentosa, but also regulated places (HDBs) for citizens and PRs.

So, let me ask you, if everything is black and white to you, what's your ideal? Free Market? Regulations TTM? Or?

There is a difference between hand outs and welfare. I also don't believe in hand outs.

If people can work then should get a job and not rely on hand outs.

However hand outs and welfare are two totally different things.

Handout is one-off.

Welfare is entitlements.

I need both.. hehehe...

• Praise 1

(edited)

oh yeah .... good point [thumbsup]

can get multiple CPF contributions from several companies. So it's possible to get more than 1.8k into CPF.

Just saying...

Edited by Wt_know

What's the difference? My English not very powerful, so gotta ask first.

Aiyoh, not everything is about virgin or not leh. Some things, black and white important, but most things in life, is either grey or in colour de..

Housing (to me) in Singapore is somewhat of a grey area. There's free market for places like Sentosa, but also regulated places (HDBs) for citizens and PRs.

So, let me ask you, if everything is black and white to you, what's your ideal? Free Market? Regulations TTM? Or?

I am against Corporate Welfare - thats like if a bank gambles on high risk ventures and lose a lot of

money, I think the bank should go bankrupt and tax payers money should not be used to save it.

I am all for Social Welfare like public schools, hospitals, housing like HDB and street lighting. Cos then

poor people like me can be born in a gov hospital, live in a flat and can see how to walk home with

street lighting.

As for hand outs, if I lost my job and anyone wanted to give me money, I will happily accept it. I am just

against giving it out to people in case they become too lazy to work.

Handout is one-off.

Welfare is entitlements.

I need both.. hehehe...

I am all for tuna sandwiches.

I just wish we had more men that you can give 2 fishes and 5 loafs

and we have all the sandwiches we can eat.

Thats the kind of talks I would like to go and listen to.

• Praise 1

(edited)

i know of someone pushing 90 still works and getting obscene amount of salary to boot.

At 90 years old, think i'll be happy if i can pee properly.

Edited by Lala81

I am against Corporate Welfare - thats like if a bank gambles on high risk ventures and lose a lot of

money, I think the bank should go bankrupt and tax payers money should not be used to save it.

I am all for Social Welfare like public schools, hospitals, housing like HDB and street lighting. Cos then

poor people like me can be born in a gov hospital, live in a flat and can see how to walk home with

street lighting.

As for hand outs, if I lost my job and anyone wanted to give me money, I will happily accept it. I am just

against giving it out to people in case they become too lazy to work.

I am all for tuna sandwiches.

I just wish we had more men that you can give 2 fishes and 5 loafs

and we have all the sandwiches we can eat.

Thats the kind of talks I would like to go and listen to.

this world has fallen. No matter how much we do, we cannot change its fate and ending.

However, we can help others to have a soft landing. I will continue to strive to save a few with the little I have.

Hypersonic

isn't it obvious?

to ban CPF use for hdb is going to cause a hell lot of problem

1. drastically drop demand for hdb. this might cause prices to crash. leaving alot of home owners in negative equity.

2. alot of people will have problem servicing their loans.

to give 80% discount on all BTO is going to crash the hdb market. no one will be able to sell off their property whether it is to upgrade or to cash out. this will have a impact on the property market at large. For most ppl whose asset is in their property. this will kill their retirement plans.

for those hdb owners still not so bad. for those private prop owner, if valuation drop too much, bank will ask them to top up. if cannot top up then hong gan liao.

not only property will crash. economy at large will crash.

so explain to me again, how the fark is this a good idea?

yes bitter medicine is indeed hard to swallow

The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young.
Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Swee Say said this will ensure the current level of CPF payout can be maintained over time, and not be eroded by inflation.
Mr Lim, who is also the labour chief, made that point when speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the closing of the Singapore Model Parliament on Sunday.
At the event, Mr Lim shared his experience with students when he was an MP debating policies at the old Parliament House.
He said policies are not a one-off exercise, but they keep evolving.
One policy which has received much attention recently is the CPF.
Mr Lim said the labour movement has been watching the debate closely, and wants to ensure that what is discussed does not create confusion among workers and union leaders.
"Everyone must remember, first is that CPF is your money, nobody can take that money away from you. You have your money, you have the account, and you receive the statement, the account on a regular basis. So, you know how much money you have in the CPF,” he said.
The labour chief said CPF money is also 100 per cent safe, and is protected against events like the global financial crisis.
One important objective of CPF is to cater for retirement.
Mr Lim said: "Instead of thinking about whether you can spend your savings in the CPF at the age of 55, I think we should think about how can we help our Singaporeans to continue to remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, continue to have good jobs, and at the same time to continue to contribute to the CPF because the more money they have in CPF, the longer they defer the use of the CPF -- this will mean they will have more for retirement."
For the past three days, some 100 students took on different roles as MPs debating national issues at the Singapore Model Parliament.
The Singapore Model Parliament provides students with a platform to undertake parliamentary roles and debate national issues.
Many found the experience enriching.
Kwek Jia Hao, a student who received the “Best Ruling Party MP” award at the event, said: "The key challenge is to persuade the opposition on the rationale and objective of policy making, that we want the beneficiaries of policy making to be Singaporeans."
The Singapore Model Parliament has been held annually since 2012 at the Art House Chamber, where the Singapore laws were passed from 1955 to 1999.
The event aims to underscore the importance of active civic participation, especially among Singaporean youths.
------------------
full call..anyone? [grin]

not everyone has a million dollar salary that they can afford not to use CPF to buy house lor.

another sign that the ministers are detached from the ground

↡ Advertisement