The best way to prepare for retirement is to use less CPF $$

(edited)

The best way to prepare for retirement is make, make and make more money

If not save, save and save more money

Actually I think we all are replying to cpf and HDB. But the question is retirement....

I think the best way to prepare for retirement is to don't think that cpf money can help us to retire.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I am against Corporate Welfare - thats like if a bank gambles on high risk ventures and lose a lot of

money, I think the bank should go bankrupt and tax payers money should not be used to save it.

I am all for Social Welfare like public schools, hospitals, housing like HDB and street lighting. Cos then

poor people like me can be born in a gov hospital, live in a flat and can see how to walk home with

street lighting.

As for hand outs, if I lost my job and anyone wanted to give me money, I will happily accept it. I am just

against giving it out to people in case they become too lazy to work.

:D

simply put....i support anything which will benefit me

me too!

Turbocharged

The best way to prepare for retirement is make, make and make more money

If not save, save and save more money

Best way to retire is buy a coffin

• Praise 2

I am against Corporate Welfare - thats like if a bank gambles on high risk ventures and lose a lot of

money, I think the bank should go bankrupt and tax payers money should not be used to save it.

I am all for Social Welfare like public schools, hospitals, housing like HDB and street lighting. Cos then

poor people like me can be born in a gov hospital, live in a flat and can see how to walk home with

street lighting.

As for hand outs, if I lost my job and anyone wanted to give me money, I will happily accept it. I am just

against giving it out to people in case they become too lazy to work.

I'm against corporate welfare too. Like what happened after the great recession.. Or During..

OK, get your point. I didn't consider public schools and hospitals, HDBs etc as social welfare. To me, welfare meant the same as handouts. Like I said, English too lousy. Haha.. If in HK, public housing seems like welfare, because most of it is privatised, and public housing is meant for the lowest of lowest income people, unlike Singapore, where close to 4/5 live in HDBs. [bounce1]

• Praise 1

this world has fallen. No matter how much we do, we cannot change its fate and ending.

However, we can help others to have a soft landing. I will continue to strive to save a few with the little I have.

If I am not one of the 144 thousand sucked up stright to heaven during the rapture,

I will target a rich man and I will be driving his car, staying in his home and drinking his booze

when he is gone.

If I am not one of the 144 thousand sucked up stright to heaven during the rapture,

I will target a rich man and I will be driving his car, staying in his home and drinking his booze

when he is gone.

I make sure you also go with the rich man so that I can assign @Radx to take over.

Only he can undertake the heavy responsibilities of a fallen world.

simply put....i support anything which will benefit me

me too!

Yes thats right, me as in the poor.

I think rich people should pay more tax than poor people

and this tax should be used for housing, hospitals and schools.

I wish I had a bigger tax bill to contribute more to nation building

unfortunately my boss just simply refused to increase my salary.

Would I mind if I paid 2 or 3 times more tax? Not if it meant I had

a bigger salary.

I make sure you also go with the rich man so that I can assign @Radx to take over.

You are too kind but I rather stay and help.

I can help take care of the fallen women.

Can they please time the falling to after I have retired and enjoyed myself a bit and

just before I used up all my cpf and have to rely on hand outs.

You are too kind but I rather stay and help.

I can help take care of the fallen women.

Can they please time the falling to after I have retired and enjoyed myself a bit and

just before I used up all my cpf and have to rely on hand outs.

this one you need to ask God yourself.

this one you need to ask God yourself.

With my luck it will happen the very day I retire,

one day of rest also cannot enjoy.

Supercharged

With my luck it will happen the very day I retire,

one day of rest also cannot enjoy.

beware what you wish for~!

the strange law of attraction never fails to amaze me~

(edited)

actually if work it out..can one la

initially if u dp dont so much like maybe 20-40k leave about 30-40k as initially cpf ,monthly after hdb contribution $400 into cpf

by 20 years got 190k at least..have not include yearly increment figure yet..if $500 a month will be about $220k in OA..

loan interest gain from cpf interest..overall still earn over hdb loan interest over 30 years!lol

ok about how to have 40k inside after deduct initial payment rite? work out at ownself..lazy to type..lol

Edited by Freestylers09

Turbocharged

initially if u dp dont so much like maybe 20-40k leave about 30-40k as initially cpf ,monthly after hdb contribution $400 into cpf

by 20 years got 190k at least..have not include yearly increment figure yet..if $500 a month will be about $220k in OA..

loan interest gain from cpf interest..overall still earn over hdb loan interest over 30 years!lol

ok about how to have 40k inside after deduct initial payment rite? work out at ownself..lazy to type..lol

Lazy to read... Later u Come back with a spread sheet.

(edited)

erm.

1. if i remember correctly ) pls correct me if i'm wrong) when taking HDB loan they will auto clear out your CPF to minimise the loan amt. how to leave 40k inside?

even if can, nowadays 4rm flat also abt 300k. 20% DP abt 60k. so you need to have 100k in your cpf to have 40k remaining.

so probably need to work at least 8 yrs @ 5k per mth to have 100k? most ppl would need at least 10 yrs or more.

Q: Do I need to wipe out my CPF Ordinary Account (OA) savings before taking up an
HDB concessionary loan to buy a resale flat?
A: Yes, it is HDB’s requirement for you to utilise your CPF OA savings entirely before
granting an HDB concessionary loan

2. CPF is fixed 2.5% right. HDB loan is CPF+0.1%. so your hdb interest rate is always more than the CPF. so how to earn from the interest?

HDB Concessionary Interest Rate

The HDB concessionary interest rate is pegged at 0.1 percentage point above the prevailing CPF interest rate. It is revised every quarterly, in January, April, July and October each year, in line with the revision in the CPF interest rate.

Edited by Little_prince

(edited)

erm.

1. if i remember correctly ) pls correct me if i'm wrong) when taking HDB loan they will auto clear out your CPF to minimise the loan amt. how to leave 40k inside?

even if can, nowadays 4rm flat also abt 300k. 20% DP abt 60k. so you need to have 100k in your cpf to have 40k remaining.

so probably need to work at least 8 yrs @ 5k per mth to have 100k? most ppl would need at least 10 yrs or more.

2. CPF is fixed 2.5% right. HDB loan is CPF+0.1%. so your hdb interest rate is always more than the CPF. so how to earn from the interest?

park your cpf into investment..

20% include couple those who paying iirc..that time i used the 30k grant from hdb first time buyer also..

so deducted 100k, loan the rest 200k, monthly each $430 iirc

so monthly still got a good sum to roll over

cpf is compounded ma..

so base on 30 years, interest about 115k for 1 pax..2pax 230k

230k over 200k 30 years hdb loan interest

got earn bo?

Edited by Freestylers09

park your cpf into investment..

20% include couple those who paying iirc..that time i used the 30k grant from hdb first time buyer also..

so deducted 100k, loan the rest 200k, monthly each $430 iirc

so monthly still got a good sum to roll over

cpf is compounded ma..

so base on 30 years, interest about 115k for 1 pax..2pax 230k

230k over 200k 30 years hdb loan interest

got earn bo?

i thought buy BTO direct from HDB no grant iirc?

but anyway i think you're probably right. my wife also say i stupid pay up everything so fast. =(

↡ Advertisement