What brake pad U choose for your car? Cheap? Good? Genuine ?

Ahbao999

Usually you can check the box when the WS present it to you.

Only those made in Japan will labelled it.

WIthout the country of origin, it usally from Malaysia or China.

When come to imitation, I will not dare to use it on my car. Brake pad play a big part on our safety.

I am either Genuine or at least a Japanese made parts

As for Akebono, is already available in Singapore recently. 

Was told that this brand was the No.1 brand in Singapore about 20years back.  But due to huge increase in the pricing, no dealer wanna sell in the market.  Now is back we shall benefit from it.

My friend Mit Lancer CS3 just change his brake pad.  He brought Genuine and realise that it was produced by Akebono.  [lipsrsealed]

Hi,

apologise if this is so long ago....

I'm looking for Akebono ASP1001 front pads; Will you be able to tell me where can I obtain in Singapore?

Thanks!

My Kia Carens only use original pad once, the original pair.

Stop using as it cause my rotor to wrap lor, send for skimming.

After that, has been using Hi-Q soft pad, quite lasting 50~60kkm or 2 years. Cheap $25

Now Hi-Q no stock for Carens, I turned to another brand SB Nagamochi "Green Coloured Pad" $30 FR

Ownself change for MAXIMUM Cost Saving and Performance. Have been like that since I drove my first car except when 1 time, the disc pad drop off.  Need immediate attention at workshop. I drove there with 3 disc brake left.

Any recommendations for stock pads for jap car? Used a more sporty pad and the pad is worn in under 18k Km. The rotor is eaten after two pads.

Im ok with pads that eat rotor or is dusty. Just need it to stop well.

Any recommendations ?

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Any recommendations for stock pads for jap car? Used a more sporty pad and the pad is worn in under 18k Km. The rotor is eaten after two pads.

Im ok with pads that eat rotor or is dusty. Just need it to stop well.

Any recommendations ?

project mu.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Recently moved on to ceramic pads - goodbye brake dust!

ATE?

besides low dust (I wouldn't say no dust) they last very long too. My front ceramic pads was replaced 100,000km ago and only wear down 1/4

• Praise 3

Supercharged

wow bro. nice. i am also gona try DIY brake pad change. But dont have a jack. Saw that you have a floor jack? how much you buy the floor jack?

when I first started DIY, I used the scissor jack that came with the car and a jack stand. Any thing that can lift up the car and support it securely will do

81xsoV2OqmL._SL1500_.jpg

Supercharged

these jack stand arent cheap too right? by the way where can get this kind of jack stand in shop?

Jack stands are quite cheap nowadays, I saw hardware shops around Sungei Road selling it, I reckoned should be less than $50 a pair

Safety first, especially if you are working alone

↡ Advertisement