IPPT may be made simpler, says Dr Ng Eng Hen

Vega

You mean Navy dun haf SOC? knnz...tio jiak again... <_<

Have lah. But only in BMT. Also got swimming test, got to pass during BMT or BSM(Basic Seamanship).

Ours is modified BMT, only no field camp. The rest all the same. But I prefer SOC.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

We need to understand that every station has its purpose when it was introduced.............like it or not some guys just cannot clear no matter what they do..................I have seen ppl who can run very well but cannot clear sit ups and pull ups..........so they always fail............no matter how fast they come back in 2.4km............

shuttle run is important for explosive speed and able to stop fast...........( fire and movement forward.....you have 4 seconds to get up run and move to cover...............how fast you move and cover determines how fast you can take the objective.......and the faster you are to move and cover the lesser chance of getting hit.....

chip ups for upper body and arm power.............( you can clock 2.4km under 9.15..........but if you cannot carry your own load nobody is going to wait for you............and what use is the weapon when you have no strength to pick up the rifle...take aim and fire when you need it most.....)

good example is ................if you are hit and and you see a cover need by...........would you want a buddy who has the upper body power and explosive speed to drag you to cover..............or do you prefer one who can run very fast but always fail chip ups and shuttle to drag you to cover..............it may be a different of 2 seconds...........but enough to have both shot ............

it may seem funny when a solider jumps and instead of clearing a longkang he drops inside............. but it is no joke if you cannot jump over a longkang...........(SBJ to the rescue?)

• Praise 9

I can see all these, but just cannot see how sit-ups is relevant.

We need to understand that every station has its purpose when it was introduced.............like it or not some guys just cannot clear no matter what they do..................I have seen ppl who can run very well but cannot clear sit ups and pull ups..........so they always fail............no matter how fast they come back in 2.4km............

shuttle run is important for explosive speed and able to stop fast...........( fire and movement forward.....you have 4 seconds to get up run and move to cover...............how fast you move and cover determines how fast you can take the objective.......and the faster you are to move and cover the lesser chance of getting hit.....

chip ups for upper body and arm power.............( you can clock 2.4km under 9.15..........but if you cannot carry your own load nobody is going to wait for you............and what use is the weapon when you have no strength to pick up the rifle...take aim and fire when you need it most.....)

good example is ................if you are hit and and you see a cover need by...........would you want a buddy who has the upper body power and explosive speed to drag you to cover..............or do you prefer one who can run very fast but always fail chip ups and shuttle to drag you to cover..............it may be a different of 2 seconds...........but enough to have both shot ............

it may seem funny when a solider jumps and instead of clearing a longkang he drops inside............. but it is no joke if you cannot jump over a longkang...........(SBJ to the rescue?)

Hahahaha, I was thinking maybe they have their own SOC.... clear obstacles in ship, then jump into sea and swim 2.4 km to shore with weapon and fullpack. [laugh]

the navy divers do SOC in the rough sea ??.........

Hypersonic

running lor. [laugh] Actually, all still need except sit-ups.

yah.............i think they sld strengthen the back instead..........sit-ups bad for the back sia.......... [:p]

like that SAF need to issue weapon for us to train at home.

you can always go get a PVC pipe........fill it up with cement...........and sling it up..............there you have the weight of the rifle liao............be a thinking solider .. .....no need always wait for spoon feed mah.... [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Ya'll talking like machiam next month all going to ship off to battlefront.

I say whatever makes the wayang easier.

Turbocharged

sit-ups train the core muscles which we need in all other stations like running and chin ups.

corestability_clip_image004.jpg

yah.............i think they sld strengthen the back instead..........sit-ups bad for the back sia.......... [:p]

you can always go get a PVC pipe........fill it up with cement...........and sling it up..............there you have the weight of the rifle liao............be a thinking solider .. .....no need always wait for spoon feed mah.... [laugh] [laugh]

how can make NSmen fork out money to make "weapon"? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

yah...............i also cannot see the benefit of sit ups.................always thought they sld do more to strengthen the back..........nothing is done to keep the back in order.............but alot of stress goes to the back actually............

• Praise 2

if they continue to make it easier for new recruits, soon all our soldiers will become KuNiang.

I don't understand the logic. Do you think the US will do such ways to their Marines ?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Hahahaha, I was thinking maybe they have their own SOC.... clear obstacles in ship, then jump into sea and swim 2.4 km to shore with weapon and fullpack. [laugh]

idea good sia...........mayb they can start working on that...........in case they need to jump ship.......... [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

how can make NSmen fork out money to make "weapon"? [laugh]

I think can start looking into PVC pipes and cement trading liao...............maybe MINDEF will call for tender .............if the idea goes through............ [laugh] [laugh]

idea good sia...........mayb they can start working on that...........in case they need to jump ship.......... [laugh] [laugh]

What is IPPT ?

Is it....Incredible Piaking President Tianmo ?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think can start looking into PVC pipes and cement trading liao...............maybe MINDEF will call for tender .............if the idea goes through............ [laugh] [laugh]

I remember last time my unit use PVC pipes and cement as the LAW tube. not sure other units do the same or not?

↡ Advertisement