Kallang Wave SportsHub

kobayashiGT

If NDP cant hold at sports hub, then they can only hold it at floating platform? But though floating platform is a temporary site which will be demolish?

Why not hold NDP at the Padang ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Why not hold NDP at the Padang ?

Padang definitely is nostalgic and an appropriate venue but limited capacity whereas Sportshub can hold 55,000 people easily and is designed for handling large crowds with good accessibility and is safe. So Kallang is obviously the preferred venue but now costs seems to be the issue which I'm surprised they didn't sort this out before it was privatized as NDP is definitely one of the regular events there!

• Praise 6

Padang definitely is nostalgic and an appropriate venue but limited capacity whereas Sportshub can hold 55,000 people easily and is designed for handling large crowds with good accessibility and is safe. So Kallang is obviously the preferred venue but now costs seems to be the issue which I'm surprised they didn't sort this out before it was privatized as NDP is definitely one of the regular events there!

It seems that they did sort it out but whoever did it did a really crappy job.

Sportshub is legally obliged to give around 30 free days for NDP but now the NDP committee wants more and they cannot agree on the price.

• Praise 3

Real solution about NDP at the Stadium is to stop organising yearly NDP. It is meaningless. Just do it once every 10 years at Padang. Even a big countrywith vast resources like China does it once a decade.

Save money, save inconvenience, save NSFs ' time and cut their NSF period to 18 months in the process.

What I like is when they interview the overall in charge and he will say with a straight face, "This year, we will tell the Singapore story."

I would never have guessed.

• Praise 3

I think the initial grass turf problems really cost the manage team alot of money. Need to recover them by making it expensive.

I remember watching the news on TV about it and how they tried to spin that even though the pitch looked sandy, it is ok. Really take us for fools. There is only that much you can spin without looking stupid.

Like in those early days  NDPs, contingents and mobile column marched from Padang through the heartland. No need to hope for winning NDP tickets.

• Praise 3

Like in those early days  NDPs, contingents and mobile column marched from Padang through the heartland. No need to hope for winning NDP tickets.

Ageed. Still remember the hazy days of tanks rolling past Bukit Merah... [grouphug]

last time wedding at void deck, then restaurant, now wanna 6 star hotel

ndprain0603.jpg

Someone will later say.... void deck, restaurant or 6 star hotel ? You have a choice. 

It seems that they did sort it out but whoever did it did a really crappy job.

Sportshub is legally obliged to give around 30 free days for NDP but now the NDP committee wants more and they cannot agree on the price.

Those big craps in the NDP committee have certain objectives in their plans,  and difficult for them to accept "no" for an answer. 

In the 1984 NDP that we participated, we were at the Padang for 1(maybe 2) rehearsal and actual day. Other combined practices including mobile column were held elsewhere. 

So it up to the NDP committee how they want to resolve this issue. 

What I like is when they interview the overall in charge and he will say with a straight face, "This year, we will tell the Singapore story."

I would never have guessed.

Ya man, I would never have guessed,  year after year. They must have brainstorm a lot before arriving with this answer. 

I hope they didn't engage high price consultancy for this answer. 

• Praise 2

Does Sport Singapore needs to pay rent for situating their offices there, since the Sports Hub Consortium overseas the venue?

yes they do. but all are left pocket to right pocket [shakehead]

ended up the rich get richer, poor gets poorer.

I remember watching the news on TV about it and how they tried to spin that even though the pitch looked sandy, it is ok. Really take us for fools. There is only that much you can spin without looking stupid.

got company called in to ask whether can organise sand castle building competition in the stadium. [grin]

go youtube it [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Jumpmanz

Jun 24 - sayonara

NTUC Foodfare closes shop at quiet Kallang Wave Mall

Not surprised that they close shop. Went there once see see look look. But decided to try other restaurants or food outlets instead. Their location at 2nd floor also makes it a disadvantage. Some will not even venture beyond the first floor
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Jun 24 - sayonara

This is the second food court closed in that retail space.
  • Praise 1

Jun 24 - sayonara

moved here. 

Not surprising as that place is deadtown during the weekdays.

In fact the whole Kallang area should tear down and build condo lah

hahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1