Boracay who go before?

Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

What's there to do/see/eat?

any suggestions?

I went there abt 4 or 5 yrs ago.

typical beach resort, lots of touts [shakehead] . Nice place to chill and relax with a friend (or friends).

relatively cheap seafood n beer (cheap compared to SG, expensive compared to the rest of the country). I remember eating at the same seafood buffet 3 nights in a row lol. Grilled seafood and some side dishes for php400 or so, with drinks additional cost.

note there is not airport on Boracay itself. u land on a nearby island and take a boat to boracay. Note there are two airports on this island. One is near the jetty (preferred), one is 1hr or so bus ride away. I always mix up the airports.. one is catlican, the other is kalibo. Do chk with the airline which airport it lands at. I went with Seair, which has since merged with Tigerair.

I stayed 3 nights at the Regency at Station 2, but walked all over the beach fm Station 1-3. Each station has a different feel and suits a different type of traveller, fm the backpacker (stn 1) to the elite (stn 3).

honestly I felt the beach was overated . Well... station 3 has nicer beach. I swam quite a lot in the sea as well as the hotel pool.

when I went to koh samui a couple of years later, I honestly felt both were the same to me.

Turbocharged

honestly I felt the beach was overated . Well... station 3 has nicer beach. I swam quite a lot in the sea as well as the hotel pool.

when I went to koh samui a couple of years later, I honestly felt both were the same to me.

Almost wanted to but read reviews about how overrated the beach was. Heard Amanpulo is really good though.

u know how sites come up with list of top 10 beaches to visit? by the time you visit those beaches, they are over visited and probably not as good as what the writer of the list experienced. most people would have googled and read that article way ahead of you.

most important to tell yourself, pictures can be deceiving.. manage your expectations and you should be able to enjoy yourself!! :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

typical beach resort, lots of touts [shakehead] . Nice place to chill and relax with a friend (or friends).

lots of touts, how to relak?

Turbocharged

lots of touts, how to relak?

lol yeah my post seems abit contradictory ya?

most of the touts are stationed at Station 2, the main touristy belt. Gotta move away fm that area if u wanna relax.

station 3 is less polluted by touts.... more chill n zen... can sit there lim beer n read a book. Got hammocks, beach chairs etc.

Turbocharged

how is the shopping there???

while i dont expect a KL, maybe a batam?

nothing compared to btm, unless u looking for sunglasses, seashell necklaces and other touristy sheet fm the touts.

Well I was there just last December with family.

The beach is simply beautiful. Possibly the best beach holiday destination in these parts. You get everything; sun sand crystal clear water beer bikini babes massages for under $10 margaritas for under $5... ahhh...!

Koh Samui doesn't come close. Ya, been there recently too.

Check out the clips on YouTube. They're for real. I uploaded 1 myself...

Yupz... best beach I've been to so far.. but the total time taken to travel there is a pain - Plane, bus and boat ride...

(edited)

How come i feel that philippine is the most dangerous place to go in ASEAN as traveller?

Heard many from my friend, don't mention u from china, don't mention u are indo chinese, the will rob or kidnap u.

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Turbocharged

How come i feel that philippine is the most dangerous place to go in ASEAN as traveller?

Heard many from my friend, don't mention u from china, don't mention u are indo chinese, the will rob or kidnap u.

is that so?

I spent a couple of months in Visayas, central phil, where the local Chinese tried (unsuccessfully) to get me married to a local gal.

then I moved south to the restive areas for 3 mths, where I had no issues too.

many thought I am local.. until I open my mouth and spoke English :P

is that so?

I spent a couple of months in Visayas, central phil, where the local Chinese tried (unsuccessfully) to get me married to a local gal.

then I moved south to the restive areas for 3 mths, where I had no issues too.

many thought I am local.. until I open my mouth and spoke English :P

I dunno but thats what many my friend told me even pinoy friend.

Heard from internet review that their airport also cmi one keep searching ur luggage until u give them kopi money.

Not sure true anot though but i had bad impression of philippine tourism

↡ Advertisement