• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
347 replies to this topic | 929 praises

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In the 70's, television was not yet very common in Singapore. Most families started having TVs from very late 70's to the 80s. 

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 07 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Ryu
  • Ryu
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In the 70's, television was not yet very common in Singapore. Most families started having TVs from very late 70's to the 80s. 

Wah I remember these 2. Last time only those few shows to watch every night. :D

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Edited by Mockngbrd, 07 July 2014 - 12:03 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

also SBC got this 三开时间

meaning 开灯,开饭,开电视

Roadrunner2029, Yaloryalor and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remember this ad on both 5 and 8, during prime time movies:

TV was not 24 hours:

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 07 July 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

nowadays who still turn on Ch5, 8 U,etc to watch TV ?
I even hardly watch cable TV other than History, NGC, and Discovery channels.
Mostly go online watch streaming movies.
Roadrunner2029, Albeniz and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then there was Beyond 2000 .. [laugh] First learnt about broadband network on this show .. ISDN, state of the art in the 80s, video call.

Kb27 and Ahgong praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I don't have terrestrial or cable tv at all. Everything on my tv is streamed via vpn.

Roadrunner2029 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All the cigarette ads pretend to be about something else. [laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWEzpbtdBI

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 07 July 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bionic Woman

Six million dollar man

Addams Family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRtscQow8U

Bewitched (My fav and it transitioned from black and white to colour!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_g4PVRXCTI

Ender, Roadrunner2029, Tianmo, Lala81, Blueray and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fast to cook, good to eat, fast to cook, good to eat, fast to cook, good to eat ... [laugh]

Ender and Daywalker praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I remember this ad on both 5 and 8, during prime time movies:

I also remember!

Also got the Mei Jian Nian one (?) with the old kungfu man...

Roadrunner2029 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OK .. OK .. Pocky !

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Achtung
  • Premium member
    Achtung
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Tell me about it man! My old man refused to buy a colour tv till 1985! My black and white was there when I was born in early 70s till 1985.

Anyway, Men in the Net was the most memorable. Last TVB drama in Cantonese. Ah Chan and Yuen Fatt. And saw my mumsy sniffing to the love story. Classic balls!

Roadrunner2029, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this
If you cannot differentiate a TP from an LTA officer, you ain't a car enthusiast.

Have you come here to play Jesus, to the Lepers in your head? U2 - One

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Used to think this song was full of vulgarity .. knn here knn there.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't recall if it was 網中人 or 親情 that was the last TVB drama in Cantonese, but it was very shiok. I believe we are now the last Chinese society that still completely bans dialect TV shows.

Tell me about it man! My old man refused to buy a colour tv till 1985! My black and white was there when I was born in early 70s till 1985.

Anyway, Men in the Net was the most memorable. Last TVB drama in Cantonese. Ah Chan and Yuen Fatt. And saw my mumsy sniffing to the love story. Classic balls!

Achtung praised this

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Achtung
  • Premium member
    Achtung
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I cannot even speak my dialect Teochew. Thanks to these bans.

Don't recall if it was 網中人 or 親情 that was the last TVB drama in Cantonese, but it was very shiok. I believe we are now the last Chinese society that still completely bans dialect TV shows.

If you cannot differentiate a TP from an LTA officer, you ain't a car enthusiast.

Have you come here to play Jesus, to the Lepers in your head? U2 - One

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

woooh....Thats Andy Gibb......the one who committed suicide over Victoria Principal! I swear one of my classmate looks like him!

Men in the Net! is that the one with Chow Yun Fatt and Alex Man fell in love with Carol (now its Dodo Cheng). I love that show....but sad that the Carol Cheng character died. Both my sis cried.......good show in Cantonese!
Together We stand Alone

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users