2015 Subaru WRX

kobayashiGT

Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?

• YES
    • NO

read somewhere in the web it mentioned 300bhp (if my memory doesn't fail me). the article also mentioned that by increasing too much horsepower it might caused the metal belt that is holding the 2 pulleys together to snap and the cost will be to replace a new gearbox...best is to tone down your appetite for power and not be too greedy..2 cents

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anybody know how much power can be added to the CVT model before compromising the longevity?

Pls get one with a proper manual gearbox!

• Praise 5

Anybody know how much power can be added to the CVT model before compromising the longevity?

NASIOC may have more user reviews.

but yeah, if want big power n torque, manual is the way to go. (Same as the evo X... SST was severly limited)

• Praise 3

Hi all.

Driving a version R same as Pocus before.

Car reaching ten year soon.

Looking at the 86 or WRX, MT.

But since Borneo not bringing in any 86 anytime soon, seems like the rex is the way to go.

Either WR Blue or Lapis Blue.

Anyone here know if the new head unit supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hi all.

Driving a version R same as Pocus before.

Car reaching ten year soon.

Looking at the 86 or WRX, MT.

But since Borneo not bringing in any 86 anytime soon, seems like the rex is the way to go.

Either WR Blue or Lapis Blue.

Anyone here know if the new head unit supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?

Nope, the hu sucks in features. Codec for movies also limited.

Some bros in the Forester group bought adaptor mountings to change the HU. There are some pioneer hu that is compatible with the steering remote.

The wrx is a nicer look ride. The Forester xt is already a blast to drive and I expect the rex to do even better.

The only grip I have, paddle shifters. They should give the traditional tiptronic cogs for shifting. It would have been more fun.

Edited by Pocus

(edited)

My friend also just booked the manual rex and waiting time is 3mths.. Tmd actually the manual rex is very tempting..

Go back to jdm after sian of the bmw3 haha

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 1

Hi Guy, I am thinking to start a whatsapp chat group for 2015+ WRX owner. Mainly for knowledge and lobang sharing. There aren't many on the road. So I am not sure how many people we can gather.

If you are interested, please PM me your contact number.

That's cool. Manual or CVT? color?

Get my wife a cvt so tat easy for her to send kids to school. SE told me last unit already and ready for register and the next batch would be down tune and wont be 268hp not sure true anot. it's dark grey metallic.

Get my wife a cvt so tat easy for her to send kids to school. SE told me last unit already and ready for register and the next batch would be down tune and wont be 268hp not sure true anot. it's dark grey metallic.

Some SE can say anything just to conclude a deal. lol

Congrats on ur new ride.

• Praise 9

Neutral Newbie

we are having a group chat. If you're not already added into the chat PM me your number and i will add you in. 

Cheers  [;)] 

Good day guys, just collected my rex 2 days ago, having fun driving around since then. But i notice that my headlight beam is quite high blinding the car in front, and i dun have headlight beam lever. does u guys experience this? 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I was told that the waiting time is 6months, so end up with Forester xt

Congratulations on your new ride.

On top of that, we have an active whatsapp group chat for 2015+ wrx so if anyone collected their cars or is waiting for one do PM me to join the chat.

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement