2015 Subaru WRX

kobayashiGT

Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the new 2015 Subaru WRX attractive?

• YES
    • NO

The main turnoff for me was the carbon fiber central plastic... Hope the above is all true. Then it's time... =)

134k please pm me to join group buy if any. =)

Hehe. This number was just calculated in my head using gross margin 26k (similar to their other models like forestor na) + basic car cost of about 108k for wrx.

I can only hope ...

↡ Advertisement

The main turnoff for me was the carbon fiber central plastic... Hope the above is all true. Then it's time... =)

134k please pm me to join group buy if any. =)

if 134 please pm me too ;)

134 is the same price like the golf sport R-Line now. Not really a apple to apple comparison but golf sport is not a push over either.. And both omv are close or golf even higher due to high spec (maybe)..,

if 134 please pm me too ;)

134 is the same price like the golf sport R-Line now. Not really a apple to apple comparison but golf sport is not a push over either.. And both omv are close or golf even higher due to high spec (maybe)..,

134k is not impossible, COE just dropped nearly 5k yesterday.

now just hoping MAS review the loan restriction soon... hehehehe.......

Don't too soon lah. Wait me book my ride first, else COE shoot up I cannot afford liao.

Don't too soon lah. Wait me book my ride first, else COE shoot up I cannot afford liao.

good sia u can afford 72k down... i think i go register be a grabcar or uber driver to earn extra first...

good sia u can afford 72k down... i think i go register be a grabcar or uber driver to earn extra first...

Been saving up for some times liao.....

Hi, sorry to disturb but anyone here willing to rent their wrx maybe for a day? Just wanted to let my dad try a wrx.

Which model/generation of WRX? If you're not particular, try Motorway Car Rentals.

http://www.motorwaycarrentals.com/rent/#tab_Executive

If I recall correctly, it's a 2008 or 2009 (hatchback) model. You can call them to find out more.

If I'm not wrong, they are the only ones with a legal rental WRX around at the moment. There are others renting but not in the company's name and not converted to rental cars (R10), so it's risky. Strongly advise against renting from these companies or private owners, as things can get very sticky if you meet with any incidents, even if it's not your fault.

If you only want to try the new WRX then sorry, can't help much.

Turbocharged

Hi, can this car be pumped with 95 octane petrol?

"Regular unleaded gasoline (87 octane) required. 91 octane recommended"

-taken from http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/wrx/models-specs.html

Our spec is different from USDM spec.

While current I'm not sure of the WRX, my FXT comes with 2 settings in ECU, 98 and 95 octane. If the system detects the fuel to be 95, the engine automatically defined itself to a lower power by at least 10%.

Its proven via dyno that if you pump 95 you get roughly around 155whp compared to 178whp in 98. Torque figures are affected too but I can't remember the numbers.

Since the FXT uses the same FA20DIT engine as the WRX, although detuned, I believe it's around the same result.

So now you ask yourself, you are buying the WRX for the power...are you going to settle for RON 95? If yes, you are not ready to afford the car.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

While current I'm not sure of the WRX, my FXT comes with 2 settings in ECU, 98 and 95 octane. If the system detects the fuel to be 95, the engine automatically defined itself to a lower power by at least 10%.

Its proven via dyno that if you pump 95 you get roughly around 155whp compared to 178whp in 98. Torque figures are affected too but I can't remember the numbers.

Since the FXT uses the same FA20DIT engine as the WRX, although detuned, I believe it's around the same result.

So now you ask yourself, you are buying the WRX for the power...are you going to settle for RON 95? If yes, you are not ready to afford the car.

Good info! Thanks for sharing.

Is this an EJ25 or FA20?

• Praise 1

Wrx drop $4k to $141,800. If have $3k discount off listed px, thats $138,800. Getting closing to the $135k u all looking for.

Bro, only dropped 3k. It was 144.8k.

↡ Advertisement