UK: Road Trip - UK

AFV_V200

Neutral Newbie

I am going on road trip to uk in mid November. I was eyeing to rent a car from the company Thrifty but the online terms and condition says mileage should be <500miles a week.

Any experience about such conditions?

↡ Advertisement

I am going on road trip to uk in mid November. I was eyeing to rent a car from the company Thrifty but the online terms and condition says mileage should be <500miles a week.

Any experience about such conditions?[/quote

It depends on your itinerary. For myself, I drove 700 miles so far within 6 days. Going to explore Snowdonia next few days.

Go to rentalcars.com to check out the various companies. Compare the terms & conditions. Some prices may already include extra car insurance cover. Eg., for mine, I was given option (at point of pickup) of purchasing it @ £15 daily, so that I only need to pay £100 for any damages that cost > £100. If not, the excess is £1K.

Mileage: Unlimited

Thks.

Of course must drive while in UK. Picked up rental at the airport. Booked Ford Focus but given a Seat Leon Diesel instead.

Drove 200+ miles southwards on first day to Bourton On Water in the Cotswolds.

yup, diesel saving is good. :)

Took a wrong turn into Bristol but it was good to end up there. Was road trip anyway. :)

post-68840-0-57371100-1414545015_thumb.jpgpost-68840-0-83045100-1414545032_thumb.jpgpost-68840-0-52774400-1414545042_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Is it really good to rent diesel car in ukinstead? It is more expensive although fuel saving.

I read somewhere the money savings will probably only come in after a few thousand miles

Is it really good to rent diesel car in ukinstead? It is more expensive although fuel saving.

I read somewhere the money savings will probably only come in after a few thousand miles

There is such a difference between mpg of petrol v diesel that savings will occur from just half a tank of fuel.

The river scene reminds me of my "punting" days.....

Enjoy the trip! Don't speed as I think they have speed cam everywhere!

You competed in Oxford or Cambridge?

At the moment where I am, diesel price @ service stations along the Motorways are priced at £1.399 per liter. Elsewhere ranged fr 1.299 - 1.309.

So far, only pumped 1 full tank after clocking 755 miles.

Damn! Don't miss the house of John Harverd in Stratford Upon Avon! Founder of Harverd Uni.[/quote

Spent a few hrs walking around but missed it lah. Was trudging through the rain and wet grounds; couldn't wait to return back to the warmth of the car! :(

Bought a 20cl bottle of Whisky for the occasional sips to warm the innards. :()

Typical gloomy weather in UK... That's the thing I like least of the place.

I was privileged enough to experience it 2x in one year! :(,)

Spring & now, Autumn.

I set aside one luggage labelled 'Cold & Wet' just for UK trips. Waterproof wear, Phua Chu Kang boots & hiking shoes + sticks.

Yeah but then you'd also have to visit Llangegla in Wales to see where the grandmother of Elihu Yale lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Yale

Thks for the heads up. Shall see if I have time to detour there tomorrow enroute to Corwen.

I was privileged enough to experience it 2x in one year! :(,)

Spring & now, Autumn.

I set aside one luggage labelled 'Cold & Wet' just for UK trips. Waterproof wear, Phua Chu Kang boots & hiking shoes + sticks.

When or which month do you think is the best time to do a road trip in UK?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1