• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
150 replies to this topic | 242 praises

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just to complete the collection (after songs, TV shows and publications), started a thread for favourite old movies.

To get the ball rolling, this is one of the first movies I remember having seen near the time of its release in 1977 (or at most a couple of years after it):

Capricorn_one.jpg

Quite mature themes - and at the time, I didn't understand the subtext of the Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories, the black helo references, etc. In fact, I don't think I understood too much of anything - I must've been about 5 at most, but I remember there was a snake-eating scene that burned itself into my memory. :D

Edited by Laserjet, 18 May 2015 - 10:20 AM.

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

siao liao, there is no end to this   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

siao liao, there is no end to this   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

There will be, when all of us old people die out, but by that time, the current si gin nas would've become old men themselves. [laugh]
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LHNUG00Z.jpg

Turboflat4 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Nonpareil
  • Premium member
    Nonpareil
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This movie was a tear jerker..

Watched this when it first came out, was like what the hell is this movie?!! Appreciated it later in life...

Edited by Nonpareil, 15 July 2014 - 03:21 PM.

Beregond praised this

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw this one in the cinemas. Absolutely ripping heart-ripping scene. Even at 9, didn't bother me in the least. Explains a lot about how I am now, I think. [laugh]

Indiana_Jones_and_the_Temple_of_Doom_PosterB.jpg

The infamous scene (which pretty much led to the creation of the PG-13 rating in the US).

I would've put a warning of NSFW or not suitable for younger viewers, but *I* watched it when I was young, so why bother? :D

Edited by Turboflat4, 15 July 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Nonpareil
  • Premium member
    Nonpareil
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Loved the mad max series

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think Godfather trilogy ranks high on everybody's list.. No need to show youtube, coz if you don't know, errr,,, [smash]

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think Godfather trilogy ranks high on everybody's list.. No need to show youtube, coz if you don't know, errr,,, [smash]

Well, the first two movies rank high on my list. The last one is the only one I saw in the cinema, but it ranks really low. :D

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

Ender praised this

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

This poster is classic..

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

LOVE this one! I also watched the 3rd one (Jaws 3D) in the cinema. Hopeless plot, but the (polarised glasses, not red-green anaglyph) 3-D gimmick was brand new. :D

Edited by Turboflat4, 15 July 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Star-Wars-Poster.jpg

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone remember Beast Master?

This particular scene irks me. I was 5 or 6 then.

Naimed praised this

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some stanley kubrick movie... in fact I only like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Star-Wars-Poster.jpg

Watched The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi the first time around in the cinema.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One of Jackie's classic

220px-Snakeeagleshadow.jpg

Vid praised this

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The Exocist

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LOVE this one! I also watched the 3rd one (Jaws 3D) in the cinema. Hopeless plot, but the (polarised glasses, not red-green anaglyph) 3-D gimmick was brand new. :D

Ya... I remember that so vividly. My dad brought me to the movies with those 3D glasses then. Scared the sh!t out of me whenever the shark attacks and opens its mouth [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Vid, 15 July 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya... I remember that so vividly. My dad brought me to the movies with those 3D glasses then. Scared the sh!t out of me whenever the shark attacks and opens its mouth [laugh] [laugh]

Remember the opening scene during or after the credits when the shark bites the head off a smaller fish, and the fish head comes "floating" out of the screen towards you?

I do! [laugh]

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: movies past, movies, old movies and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users