Jobs Bank officially launched

Scion

Turbocharged

i know i will be flamed for saying this...

but once again

PRs = Singaporeans [:|][:|]

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) officially launched the Jobs Bank at the agency's Lifelong Learning Institute on Monday morning (July 14). It is already offering 16,000 job vacancies for Singaporeans.

The Jobs Bank was first announced by the Manpower Ministry last year in support of the Fair Consideration Framework, which comes into effect on Aug 1. Under the Fair Consideration Framework, companies seeking to employ foreigners holding an Employment Pass (EP) are required to post job vacancies on the Jobs Bank for at least 14 calendar days before submitting an EP application to the ministry.

A trial version of the portal was launched in May this year, and more than 4,300 employers and 12,900 individuals have since registered to use the website. About 4,700 users have already made more than 12,100 job applications through the Jobs Bank, according to WDA.

The portal currently offers more than 16,000 job opportunities for Singaporeans, and about half of these postings are targeted at Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).

Checks by Channel NewsAsia on Monday afternoon showed that most of the jobs advertised on the portal fall under the "engineering" category. This numbered about 844 postings. Others include the admin and secretarial group, with 428 postings. The logistics industry and accounting and audit sector each had some 323 job openings advertised.

The portal is for all Singapore-registered companies and job seekers who are Singapore citizens, who can use this service free of charge. To register for an account, users have to key in their Singpass userIDs and passwords.

Speaking at the launch, Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin said the Jobs Banks will complement existing Government efforts and provide another avenue for Singaporeans to explore and apply for job opportunities, as well as allow employers to access a larger pool of local candidates.

"While many employers shared with us that they would like to develop a Singaporean Core in their workforce, they sometimes find it difficult to find suitable Singaporeans for the job," said Mr Tan.

"At the same time, unemployed Singaporeans told me about difficulties in finding and securing suitable jobs. We are creating many job opportunities in our economy, but we need a better, more systematic way to match job-seekers to vacancies."

Recruiters we spoke to say the system will reduce the time spent looking for suitable Singaporeans to fill vacancies.

Mr Adrian Tan, Managing Director of RecruitPlus said Jobs Bank eliminates a lot of extra administration processes. "In the past, we probably have to take 30 to 40 per cent of our time trying to filter out foreign candidates who our clients just cannot consider due to work pass issues."

Another employer said an ad they put up to hire a Singaporean did not receive any response for two months. But within a week of posting the same ad on Jobs Bank, they found a suitable candidate.

Mr Ong Siew Kim, Senior General Manager of DP International Group called the Jobs Bank "focused": "When we are looking for locals, we are sure that we will get locals."

The WDA also said it has engaged private job portals to "explore possible collaboration", such as making available job vacancies posted on these private portals on the Jobs Bank.

A. General information on the Jobs Bank

What is the Jobs Bank?

The Jobs Bank is WDA’s new job portal to facilitate online job matching between employers and local job seekers.

What are the costs involved to use the Jobs Bank?

The Jobs Bank is a free service provided to all Singapore-registered companies and local job seekers (Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents).

Who is eligible to use the Jobs Bank?

All local individuals (Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents) and Singapore-registered companies can create an account to access the Jobs Bank.

What is the Beta Trial of the Jobs Bank about?

The trial of the Jobs Bank allows invited users to test the portal and provide feedback on its user-friendliness. WDA will continue to improve the portal before it is launched in the second half of this year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Sad to say this but job bank is also for EP, SP holders and even long term visit pass holders. These group of people are also issued with Singpass.

They login to Singpass and apply jobs through Jobs bank which IS MEANT FOR SINGAPOREANS

what's all these BS jobs bank

there are already enough job portals in SG

This is not a platform problem. What is needed is higher salary to attract singaporeans to apply lah.

• Praise 4

I believe, those who are trully looking for a sporean employee.. do not have to use this job bank thing.. because they know what is a reasonable offer to attract sporean..

eventually, all jobs inside this job bank thing will be low paid jobs that only targets foreigners...

• Praise 2

I believe, those who are trully looking for a sporean employee.. do not have to use this job bank thing.. because they know what is a reasonable offer to attract sporean..

eventually, all jobs inside this job bank thing will be low paid jobs that only targets foreigners...

maybe this job bank is a big scam lah

in order to get waiver to hire more foreigners, the company must show that they have advertised in this job bank for 6 months and still cannot find anyone

then the moment they advertise in other websites like jobsdb, suddenly got 500 applicants (all foreigners)

so no choice, have to hire foreigners

• Praise 2

in order to get waiver to hire more foreigners, the company must show that they have advertised in this job bank for 6 months and still cannot find anyone

then the moment they advertise in other websites like jobsdb, suddenly got 500 applicants (all foreigners)

Yah and the problem is that the Jobs Bank will also let foreigners (e.g. EP, SP and Long Term visit pass) with Singpass to apply. So it is practically another job portals managed by WDA.

• Praise 1

i know i will be flamed for saying this...

but once again

PRs = Singaporeans [:|][:|]

No flame, up u 5 [thumbsup]

what's all these BS jobs bank

there are already enough job portals in SG

This is not a platform problem. What is needed is higher salary to attract singaporeans to apply lah.

Wanted to praise but last 5 went to TS. Agreed. !!

:o .... Insidious... [furious]

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

Yah and the problem is that the Jobs Bank will also let foreigners (e.g. EP, SP and Long Term visit pass) with Singpass to apply. So it is practically another job portals managed by WDA.

Don't even need EP,SP, long term visit pass to get Singpass to access.

Every outside web visitor can look at the job advertisements directly and the advertisers would also put their company info, available positions and even contact email address in the content.

Every foreign or local applicant can search and write directly to the hiring manager of the company even without a Singpass. Best still, it is jobstreet, STjobs and JobsCentral combined together under 1 roof.

No protection at all, Jobsbank is really a joke.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

Sad to say this but job bank is also for EP, SP holders and even long term visit pass holders. These group of people are also issued with Singpass.

They login to Singpass and apply jobs through Jobs bank which IS MEANT FOR SINGAPOREANS

Didnt know foreigners also can get singpass? Thought only sporeans and PR can apply for singpass?

Dont know how successful this job bank will be? But i have doubts on this job bank lo, maybe it is just another wayang show from the authority?

I am looking for jobs. What I can find in Jobstreet, I can find in Jobsbank and more. Further, I can see profiles e.g. current position, expected salary, etc of other applicants (my competitors). It even segregrates into local and foreign applications view. So, what value-add does this Jobsbank has?

• Praise 1

lip service... period....

in the meantime... still see whole IT departments with abnn staff... looks like our so called world class ranking uni producing useless grads...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

anyone heard of CaliberLink

apparently run by WDA to find lobangs for Singaporeans who are jobless

About the only jobs sinkies are good for is SAF (NS).

In time to come, it will be outsourced too.

I am looking for jobs. What I can find in Jobstreet, I can find in Jobsbank and more. Further, I can see profiles e.g. current position, expected salary, etc of other applicants (my competitors). It even segregrates into local and foreign applications view. So, what value-add does this Jobsbank has?

论找工,jobsbank 真昏庸。

About the only jobs sinkies are good for is SAF (NS).

cannot say job. Sound like sinkies are so unwilling......

Its a Privilege.... [crazy]

Don't even need EP,SP, long term visit pass to get Singpass to access.

Every outside web visitor can look at the job advertisements directly and the advertisers would also put their company info, available positions and even contact email address in the content.

Every foreign or local applicant can search and write directly to the hiring manager of the company even without a Singpass. Best still, it is jobstreet, STjobs and JobsCentral combined together under 1 roof.

No protection at all, Jobsbank is really a joke.

A grim reminder of what happens when the people as for help. [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement