2015 Lexus NX200T

Quantum

Not a valid comparison IMO.

NX should be compared to Borneo's RX instead.

Comparing against a PI Harrier is not comparable.

Just look at Kah Honda HRV vs PI Vezel, that one is actually the same car and yet we talking about $15k diff?

If you comparing between NX and RX, I also would like to know if it's worth the difference albeit not as much difference as compared to the Harrier.

NX & Harrier is basically the same car. How can it be not valId?

↡ Advertisement

NX & Harrier is basically the same car. How can it be not valId?

Not valid cos it's brought in by different dealer, one PI, one AD.

Don't get it wrong, I also would take the Harrier based on price and I can see why there's a comparison esp since it's close to $100k diff which is a lot by anyone's standards.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Not a valid comparison IMO.

NX should be compared to Borneo's RX instead.

Comparing against a PI Harrier is not comparable.

Just look at Kah Honda HRV vs PI Vezel, that one is actually the same car and yet we talking about $15k diff?

If you comparing between NX and RX, I also would like to know if it's worth the difference albeit not as much difference as compared to the Harrier.

Isn't RX the bigger bro of NX? 2 different class to be compare together.

To me, RX is like Q7/X5 and NX is like Q5/X3. To compare with Japanese make, Harrier will be a decent model to compare with.

Edit - saw the last reply. Understand now you are comparing AD to PI.

Edited by 159er

I saw the buycartv review. The gear knob is of questionable quality. LoL...

It's said the NX is on the RAV4 platform. But have to say price wise is on the high side. Harrier too bad do not have turbo version. It actually looks good.

Isn't RX the bigger bro of NX? 2 different class to be compare together.

To me, RX is like Q7/X5 and NX is like Q5/X3. To compare with Japanese make, Harrier will be a decent model to compare with.

Then maybe I got it wrong cos my understanding is that RX is a rebadged Harrier.

And if the discussion is that you need to compare with the Harrier then I feel RX would be a better comparison since both RX and NX is brought in by Borneo.

• Praise 3

Then maybe I got it wrong cos my understanding is that RX is a rebadged Harrier.

And if the discussion is that you need to compare with the Harrier then I feel RX would be a better comparison since both RX and NX is brought in by Borneo.

You just refreshed my memory. [:p]

Harrier was a rebadged RX until this model. Now i fully understand your point...

Not valid cos it's brought in by different dealer, one PI, one AD.

Don't get it wrong, I also would take the Harrier based on price and I can see why there's a comparison esp since it's close to $100k diff which is a lot by anyone's standards.

Your reason is also not very valid le.

All the more we should evaluate why we need to pay $100k more for NX.

I will stay away from Harrier (boh power & torque) and NX (too ex),

I saw the buycartv review. The gear knob is of questionable quality. LoL...

It's said the NX is on the RAV4 platform. But have to say price wise is on the high side. Harrier too bad do not have turbo version. It actually looks good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform

Rebadged Harrier stops since 2013 le.

Even then, RX & Harrier is not comparable. 1 is 3.5L & another is 2.4L.

Your reason is also not very valid le.

All the more we should evaluate why we need to pay $100k more for NX.

I will stay away from Harrier (boh power & torque) and NX (too ex),

Pardon me for the confusion.

Apologies that I assumed that the RX was a rebadged Harrier albeit higher cc one.

Think @159er has corrected me on this (thks!) and my point then was that since RX=Harrier, a better comparison would be to compare RX to NX but since it's not true that the RX=Harrier then my comparison is flawed.

I agree with you that the NX is too ex. Real pity cos I like this car.

As for Harrier, think I must read up more since it's no longer the PI RX but heard from a lot of forumers and friends that it's a good value for money buy but as usual you the guy to refer to if torque and power is the topic, cheers!!

• Praise 3

Pardon me for the confusion.

Apologies that I assumed that the RX was a rebadged Harrier albeit higher cc one.

Think @159er has corrected me on this (thks!) and my point then was that since RX=Harrier, a better comparison would be to compare RX to NX but since it's not true that the RX=Harrier then my comparison is flawed.

I agree with you that the NX is too ex. Real pity cos I like this car.

As for Harrier, think I must read up more since it's no longer the PI RX but heard from a lot of forumers and friends that it's a good value for money buy but as usual you the guy to refer to if torque and power is the topic, cheers!!

It is not juz torque & power. It is about road useability.

It weights 1.7 ton. With full passenger & cargo load, it will weigh close to 2 ton. With its CVT & 2L NA, how to overtake?

(edited)

Very interesting to note how the brand is always put on a negative note and associated in a bad way when consumers compare Toyota and Lexus. Then on the flip side, no one seems to bat an eyelid where there is a certain marque from Stuttgart with an SUV with similar underpinnings from Wolfsburg as well as ingolstadt with an even more immense price gap and using similar mechanical drive trains. At least the Toyota and Lexus relatives are using different power trains and gearboxes. I think in Singapore the mindset is still very skewed to "West better than East".

Edited by Meloble
  • Praise 5

It is not juz torque & power. It is about road useability.

It weights 1.7 ton. With full passenger & cargo load, it will weigh close to 2 ton. With its CVT & 2L NA, how to overtake?

Huh? 1.7ton? That's heavy but guess being a SUV it will be heavier but yes the last thing you want is to climb up say Sheares Bridge with a Full Load and run out of breadth, not to mention overtake!!

• Praise 3

went for a test drive yesterday and the leather interior is superior to its rival. Genuine leather no less !

the panoramic roof is the biggest i've seen so far and the SE said the earliest to get the car is early Aug if booked now

minimal turbo lag and the pickup is smooth as well

but the price is really a bit on the high side and comparing to the x3 series which we are also looking at

have anyone booked this car yet ? can share what price did you sign off on ?

I did a test drive 3 weeks ago on both the RX and NX. I feel that RX is still a better ride. IMHO, the price range for the NX vs the RX (which they were clearing stock as there will be a new RX) is on the high side too. But in the end, I didn't go for the RX as well. Their ex-stock didn't have the color that I wanted and the price they offered me wasn't tempting enough for me to compromise

I did a test drive 3 weeks ago on both the RX and NX. I feel that RX is still a better ride. IMHO, the price range for the NX vs the RX (which they were clearing stock as there will be a new RX) is on the high side too. But in the end, I didn't go for the RX as well. Their ex-stock didn't have the color that I wanted and the price they offered me wasn't tempting enough for me to compromise

It's a pity isn't it. IMO Lexus can give the 2 Germans of BMW and Benz a good run for their money and with its reliability as a plus, they could really outsell the 2 Germans if they priced it more competitively.

The 2 Germans have the tradition, history and prestige to allow them to price their car with a premium and whilst Lexus is not far behind, they don't have the history and tradition yet although they are making inroads into these areas as we speak. My 2 cents.....

• Praise 5

Very interesting to note how the brand is always put on a negative note and associated in a bad way when consumers compare Toyota and Lexus. Then on the flip side, no one seems to bat an eyelid where there is a certain marque from Stuttgart with an SUV with similar underpinnings from Wolfsburg as well as ingolstadt with an even more immense price gap and using similar mechanical drive trains. At least the Toyota and Lexus relatives are using different power trains and gearboxes. I think in Singapore the mindset is still very skewed to "West better than East".

The price of Macan is out of reach for a lot of ppl. That's why there is less discussion.

On the hand, has any one really compare Harrier vs NX to justify the value for $$$ tag??

Turbocharged
(edited)

On the hand, has any one really compare Harrier vs NX to justify the value for $$$ tag??

in terms of quick look I would say the NX justifies its tag over Harrier with better technology, but then again it really is a jolly $100k more in SG. Hard to say worth it. That $100k buys you the turbo engine, maybe better service coverage and interior quality, the Lexus touchpad system and navigation sys... and the chiseled styling

But it's a Japanese turbo and that's really hard to find now. Then again, their first major turbo engine, dunno if got their legendary reliability?!

Like everyone else it's a shame it's so expensive because I like it too.

Edited by 7hm

NX and Harrier comparison. I had only one comment, if looking for features vs dollar, nothing beats KIA Sorento. Would average Singaporean buy it? I think it boils down to the reputation of owning a KIA. Not surprise to see again harriers on the road zhng to become Lexus again. We saw it in the past on harrier, MRS(trying to be Porsche, but failed quite badly).

That's why we have still SPGs nowadays.

↡ Advertisement