Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

so.....has there been any difference in morning traffic entering JB via Woodlands since RC implemented?  Especially Sat and Sun?

same effect as the increased toll charges - little change in jam during the usual peak periods, but reducded traffic during off-peak

after all, there are good reasons why the peak periods are peak periods.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/spore-family-robbed-gang-bikers

This image has been resized.Click to view original image

The gang of bikers did not care that there were an elderly woman and a child in the car.

They were out to terrorise the driver and his three passengers in the Singapore-registered Mercedes Benz into handing over their money and valuables.

The Singaporean family had to endure a 45-minute ordeal after they were waylaid on the congested Malaysian North-South Highway following what seemed like a staged accident when a motorcyclist hit their car.

The driver, who wanted to be known only as Mr Jay, 31, told The New Paper on Tuesday that the bikers repeatedly hit his car with their helmets and other objects, damaging the headlights and side mirrors.

They even hit the front windscreen.

The incident took place between Yong Peng and Machap in Johor, about 45 minute's drive from Singapore, around 10pm on Oct 30.

Last Friday, TNP reported that Singaporean businessman Herman Zaidin, 31, suffered a similar ordeal when he was robbed by a gang of bikers at 11.30pm on Oct 30 after a motorcyclist hit his Mercedes-Benz from behind.

While it is not known if the same gang was behind both heists, it's highly probable given the same method used in both incidents, which occurred about 90 minutes and 38km apart.

Read also: Singaporean attacked in Johor: 'It was the longest 10 minutes of my life'

REPORTS

Mr Jay, an engineer, said he has reported the robbery to the Malaysian and Singapore police, with both confirming the reports.

He said his 20-year-old sister was sitting in the front passenger seat. Their aunt, who is in her 60s, was in the back with her 12-year-old adopted son.

They were returning to Singapore after a family trip to Malacca when a motorcyclist suddenly rode next to their car and kicked the side mirror on the driver's side.

Mr Jay said he stopped the car when the rider fell.

"I was shocked," he said.

"Suddenly, another rider came by and hit my car several times with his hands and helmet, asking me to step out. He tried to open my door but it was locked."

Seconds later, about five motorcyclists stopped in front of his car. They ordered him to come out, but he stayed put out of fear.

Despite the heavy traffic, Mr Jay managed to drive forward in a bid to get away.

But the robbers, numbering about 10 by then, chased after him.

He saw that one of them was carrying a 1.5m wooden pole which he used to whack the already cracked windscreen, causing more damage.

Mr Jay said: "Just one more hit and the windscreen would have given way. I knew I had to step out to save my family."

He told his sister to lock the doors immediately after he got out. The men took turns to beat him.

His sister, a student who wanted to be known only as Miss Annie, said she was so terrified that she broke down.

She told TNP: "My young cousin was also in tears. I called the Malaysian police.

"I also begged my brother not to get out but he insisted. He could have been killed.

post-25508-0-05330500-1478951989.jpg

2nd case , believe to be same gang

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/it-was-the-longest-10-minutes-of-my-life-singaporean-bashed-and-robbed-on

post-25508-0-23323100-1478952380_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bobo07
  • Praise 4

Attempted robbery or staged accident is lame excuses for those bikers who took on Singaporean motorists,clearly a cowards. Cant described them in any words. Cowards and hooligans behaviours in public road. 

If thy want money / cash,  not no need to beat up people like that.

• Praise 1

Attempted robbery or staged accident is lame excuses for those bikers who took on Singaporean motorists,clearly a cowards. Cant described them in any words. Cowards and hooligans behaviours in public road. 

They got $600+ just for less than 30mins job and get to hammer people, why not? The report says they did not care even if there were elderly and child in the car. Heck, I think that was the main motivation. I don't think they would choose a car with 5 burly guys inside, regardless of whether it is MY or Sin-registered.

That's why I always try to stay away from a motorcycle convoy (quickly). You'll never know when they decide to earn some fast bucks and get their kicks (literally!).

I am going to Malaysia on Tues but I remember my touch and go card left only 2 ringgit. Hopefully can top up at the checkpoint after the second link. Or else accept the 20rm in cash?

Edited by No_worries

Confirm NO CASH lor ........  the rest I not sure lor

I am going to Malaysia on Tues but I remember my touch and go card left only 2 ringgit. Hopefully can top up at the checkpoint after the second link. Or else accept the 20rm in cash?

• Praise 1

if can give cash ... ho say liao

can give abang rm10 ... 50% discount

abang happy you happy everyone happy

muahahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

As of yesterday, can top up TNG at Tuas malaysia checkpoint. Have to park the car one side or berhenti at the counter and run to the counter to top up

As for exact counter location not too sure as my gf went to top up but confirm can top up at Tuas side

Edited by Sorrow
  • Praise 2

You can top-up at CIQ custom side, just keep to further left lane , look out for " Reload in Lane 7 " U can't miss the sign, load up then drive in, don't forget to tap further top and top for two deductions.

Drive safe !

Staged accidents to squeeze $$ :a-shoot: from SG cars had been happening since the longest time. It is just getting worse and more frequent with many cases going unreported either due to fear or drivers able to negotiate discounted payment just like being stop by MY traffic police saying speeding/traffic offence asking for "fine".

Needless to say, thanks to Ah Jib,and more playing up of muslim "nationalism" by various parties,  the "business" got injected with STEROIDS and experiencing more business BOOM now [mad] ... please be extra careful and remember the "age-old" advice by season motorist travelling in MY, if involve in such "staged" accident in MY,  involving MY locals (vehicles or people), esp when it involves malays, if at all possible, don't stop, just note particulars and drive straight to lodge report at a police station.

Stay safe everyone.

• Praise 2

Staged accidents to squeeze $$ :a-shoot: from SG cars had been happening since the longest time. It is just getting worse and more frequent with many cases going unreported either due to fear or drivers able to negotiate discounted payment just like being stop by MY traffic police saying speeding/traffic offence asking for "fine".

Needless to say, thanks to Ah Jib,and more playing up of muslim "nationalism" by various parties,  the "business" got injected with STEROIDS and experiencing more business BOOM now [mad] ... please be extra careful and remember the "age-old" advice by season motorist travelling in MY, if involve in such "staged" accident in MY,  involving MY locals (vehicles or people), esp when it involves malays, if at all possible, don't stop, just note particulars and drive straight to lodge report at a police station.

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks!

Sorry to be long winded again.....

I double confirm that no need to register hor?  Just pay extra RM20 for the RC right?  I'm going in JB few days later without registration. 

[laugh]

Edited by Dleodleo

Sorry to be long winded again.....

I double confirm that no need to register hor?  Just pay extra RM20 for the RC right?  I'm going in JB few days later without registration. 

yes .. dont need 

• Praise 1

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/spore-family-robbed-gang-bikers

This image has been resized.Click to view original image

The gang of bikers did not care that there were an elderly woman and a child in the car.

They were out to terrorise the driver and his three passengers in the Singapore-registered Mercedes Benz into handing over their money and valuables.

The Singaporean family had to endure a 45-minute ordeal after they were waylaid on the congested Malaysian North-South Highway following what seemed like a staged accident when a motorcyclist hit their car.

The driver, who wanted to be known only as Mr Jay, 31, told The New Paper on Tuesday that the bikers repeatedly hit his car with their helmets and other objects, damaging the headlights and side mirrors.

They even hit the front windscreen.

The incident took place between Yong Peng and Machap in Johor, about 45 minute's drive from Singapore, around 10pm on Oct 30.

Last Friday, TNP reported that Singaporean businessman Herman Zaidin, 31, suffered a similar ordeal when he was robbed by a gang of bikers at 11.30pm on Oct 30 after a motorcyclist hit his Mercedes-Benz from behind.

While it is not known if the same gang was behind both heists, it's highly probable given the same method used in both incidents, which occurred about 90 minutes and 38km apart.

Read also: Singaporean attacked in Johor: 'It was the longest 10 minutes of my life'

REPORTS

Mr Jay, an engineer, said he has reported the robbery to the Malaysian and Singapore police, with both confirming the reports.

He said his 20-year-old sister was sitting in the front passenger seat. Their aunt, who is in her 60s, was in the back with her 12-year-old adopted son.

They were returning to Singapore after a family trip to Malacca when a motorcyclist suddenly rode next to their car and kicked the side mirror on the driver's side.

Mr Jay said he stopped the car when the rider fell.

"I was shocked," he said.

"Suddenly, another rider came by and hit my car several times with his hands and helmet, asking me to step out. He tried to open my door but it was locked."

Seconds later, about five motorcyclists stopped in front of his car. They ordered him to come out, but he stayed put out of fear.

Despite the heavy traffic, Mr Jay managed to drive forward in a bid to get away.

But the robbers, numbering about 10 by then, chased after him.

He saw that one of them was carrying a 1.5m wooden pole which he used to whack the already cracked windscreen, causing more damage.

Mr Jay said: "Just one more hit and the windscreen would have given way. I knew I had to step out to save my family."

He told his sister to lock the doors immediately after he got out. The men took turns to beat him.

His sister, a student who wanted to be known only as Miss Annie, said she was so terrified that she broke down.

She told TNP: "My young cousin was also in tears. I called the Malaysian police.

"I also begged my brother not to get out but he insisted. He could have been killed.

attachicon.gifIMG_2156.JPG

2nd case , believe to be same gang

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/it-was-the-longest-10-minutes-of-my-life-singaporean-bashed-and-robbed-on

attachicon.gifIMG_2157.JPG

Aiyo!  Both happened at NSH at night!  So many vehicles yet they were so daring! Wonder if they target at Mercs only or randomly pick any SG cars.  

↡ Advertisement