Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

Driver damn goondo.. got bashed for nothing! I would have run all the bikers down while remain in the car, and tell police that my family's safety is threatened and I acted in self defence.

If you read the report again. There are two similarities in these two incidents.

1) Stuck in traffic jam - How u gona run the bikers down in a traffic jam? They come from behind.

2) Happened at night. - As u know most parts of NSH is unlit except near rest stops.

So just drive during the day only and try to avoid traffic jams by using apps which alert you of traffic jams like google maps.

Dont be hero, one vs 10. Unless u Donnie Yeh.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

these gangster are on drugs or high sometime when they plan to rob ...

Sad but i believed its true, heard from many Malaysians

Hence, they are likely to be of at "unsound mind" - no point argue or reason with them

Not sure these tips are useful but i try to do the following

- traffic jam/traffic lights : do not stop too near to cars in front, have some room to maneuvre/escape/ram these robbers.  No obvious handbags/usage of handphones (passengers) where these riders can break the car window and grab those items

- highway: drive courteously, try to obey all rules, polite and give way, no road hogging

- petrol station: always lock all doors immediately upon exiting, even while around the car pumping petrol. Avoid topping up at odd hours or small dark petrol kiosks

- convoy of at least 2 cars/bikes - look out for each other

- be suspicious of people asking for help or with breakdown vehicles, drive off,  move on

- ignore those vehicles that "forgotten" to ON their headlights/tailights - dont try to be helpful, no need to inform them

- change money in SG (rates are similar or even better in SG). If need be, money changer in a shopping centre with good crowd/cameras, not roadside/carpark/R&R area

• Praise 2

Pls dont OT everyone.  Back to Road Charge and VEP pls.

Any special experience to share? Like to siam RC? errr hmm

siam rc?

change ur car plate to malaysian car plate before u enter malaysia customs.

kind of troublesome but if it's worth the hassle to save RM20, by all means. :)

• Praise 1

Why you wanna make Sgrean look bad? People have already lay the rules. If you wanna go in just pay. If you wanna siam just drive through the barrier.

• Praise 2

Sure can siam RC.................

Take bus or Train in!!!  :XD:

• Praise 1

siam 20RM then pay penalty 2000RM? who wanna try and let us know?

my experiences in malaysia is in general is still quite safe but getting bad in certain areas. this could be contributed by their poor economy. people are desperate for money.

so, avoid certain areas if possible. as to where to avoid, i am afraid you have to judge. for me, areas with mass local crowd. main shopping areas and villages are not too bad.

• Praise 1

Usually, I change the pattern of my shopping in the mall and hyper supermarket.

Do change or visit others shopping mall and timing of visit i.e morning or afternoon (not night)

Refrain carry wallet. Just put $Rm note in front pocket (prefer jean or sport short).

Refrain talking on hp along street. Travel in group to your advantage.

As per MY statistics, 80% of the theft are not caught and roaming in shopping area for next target.

Petrol pump station inclusive.

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 2

Yesterday channel 8 'frontline' topic was about Singaporeans visiting JB & comments from merchants, shopkeepers about the impact (pros & cons). Sutera mall, Bukit Indah, KSL were some popular places visited by S'poreans.

With the strong exchange rate (might drop further after this weekend), RM20 not going too deter drivers going in. And for those who goes in by other transport mode, it doesn't impact them.

• Praise 5

SINGAPORE - Motorists travelling to Malaysia have not been able to register their vehicles for the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) on the Road Transport Department (RTD) website.

Unregistered motor vehicles may continue to enter Malaysia, a pop-up message on the website said. The message also said that the "activation of VEP Registration will resume in due course".

The VEP system has been activated at the two land entry points in Johor at the Causeway and at the Second Link since June 1.

The scheme requires Singapore-registered vehicles to register with Malaysia's Road Transport Department before entering.

Users are charged a one-time fee of RM10 (S$3.30) to install a radio frequency identification (RFID) electronic chip which is valid for five years. A total of 144,000 vehicles had registered for the VEP as of July this year.

Singapore-registered vehicles entering Malaysia are also paying a RM20 (S$6.60) levy, called a road charge, which came into effect on Nov 1.

Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the VEP would eventually apply to the other 10 road entry checkpoints into Malaysia, from Thailand, Brunei and Indonesia.

Singapore-registered vehicles which are not registered with a VEP, will be refused entry into the country once the system is fully implemented.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/malaysias-vep-online-registration-not-working-unregistered-vehicles-may-continue

my experiences in malaysia is in general is still quite safe but getting bad in certain areas. this could be contributed by their poor economy. people are desperate for money.

so, avoid certain areas if possible. as to where to avoid, i am afraid you have to judge. for me, areas with mass local crowd. main shopping areas and villages are not too bad.

Kenna targeted at the nshw really suay.. only possible way to avoid is to travel in the day.

Reminds me of turtles hatchlings trying desperately to crawl from their egg nests to the sea while the predators pick them up....

↡ Advertisement