Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

okok.. i wld like a kopi since my comment lead to @eviilusion revealing this lobang for u...   [laugh]

but on a serious note.. can u imagine these sources of cheaper works get cut off??

we shld all cut out the middle man singaporean fat towkay.. go straight to the malaysian alternative does same work.. cheaper rate... 

actually i did. I drove to bukit indah to select my curtains, better faster and cheaper. Bought ceiling fans and some LED lights from JB. Bought sofa and dinning sets from JB also. Do some leg work at the same time go makan.  [thumbsup]

OK, owe you kopi, contact me anytime you want to claim.  [thumbsup]  ^_^

↡ Advertisement

you want, contact me.

I have an old friend who does this during his free time.

Singaporean

does electric wiring, painting etc. 

in short, handyman

Thanks buddy.

But OMO and do during free time ones I very scare, I kena one before. End up very upset with the work.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

actually i did. I drove to bukit indah to select my curtains, better faster and cheaper. Bought ceiling fans and some LED lights from JB. Bought sofa and dinning sets from JB also. Do some leg work at the same time go makan. [thumbsup]

OK, owe you kopi, contact me anytime you want to claim. [thumbsup]^_^

Try look see look see at Jakel near Angsana...3rd floor. A lot of curtains....cheap to expensive! They can sew for you if have measurement.

actually many Malaysians also using Myanmar workers these day, same as SG painter. But at least if they got a team work gets done faster. Painting got a lot other small small details to take care one, OMO usually takes a long time. If empty house ok lah, but repainting ones very mafan . [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i also gave up on painting my own flat......lazy liao....hahaha...and i love ici dulux!

If M'sia removes all the tolls on both checkpoints, you think she'll keep to her words?

I have my doubts.

probably yes but not for the original VEP that was imposed.

Aiyah..

NONE of our bros will use this tunnel..

Why?

We won't be able to DRIVE through it..

Carry 100kg of shopping through it?

No chance to polish our cars?

No chance to service our rides?

All the seafood we eat over there will be used up walking back..

Only in our dreams la.. [laugh]

eh...dont look down hokay.....the tunnel big...can fit a few cars in one line....

Supercharged

Try look see look see at Jakel near Angsana...3rd floor. A lot of curtains....cheap to expensive! They can sew for you if have measurement.

i also gave up on painting my own flat......lazy liao....hahaha...and i love ici dulux!

ici dulux really that good?

my house turning 3, the paint are horrible..

somemore I paid a premium price for them, don't know what brand.

bought in Malaysia, said to use for shopping mall exterior..

corners are mouldy

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/singaporean-drivers-want-proof-of-offence-in-malaysia-before-paying-fines?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1484018726

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Traffic offenders from Singapore say they have no issue paying for summons in Malaysia, but want to be shown proof of their alleged wrongdoings.

Businessman S. Ratna Raj, 59, who has been driving between the two countries for the past 15 years, said although he acknowledged he was at the areas where he was caught speeding, he still wanted proof that he was the one driving the vehicle that was summoned.

"It is widely known that nowadays people are cloning plate numbers for other vehicles.

"So, in that sense if my plate number was cloned by the unscrupulous parties and they were caught speeding; and the summons were supported with pictures, they cannot ask me to pay.

"Now, it is a bit inconvenient as you (PDRM) stopped me in the middle of the road to pay the outstanding summons. What if I do not have enough money to pay? What if my credit card is full? You want to arrest me? Seize my car?" he asked.

He said this after paying RM450 (S$144) for three summons between 2013 and 2015 at Iskandar Puteri, Tangkak in Johor, and Jasin in Malacca at the Gelang Patah Rest and Relaxation stop near the Second Link here on Sunday (Jan 8).

Lawyer Adrian Dharsan, 49, said he was not aware of the three summons issued on his vehicle since 2013 as there were no letters or reminders related to it.

"I did check online for any summons issued on my car for the past two years, but there was no outstanding summons shown.

"But today, I was told that they have recorded three speeding tickets on my car and I had to pay RM370 for it," said the father of two.

Bukit Aman Traffic Investigation and Enforcement director Senior Asst Comm Datuk Mahamad Akhir Darus said 275,663 outstanding summonses and 5,358 arrest warrants had been issued for foreign traffic offenders over the past seven years.

The figures were for the period between 2010 and 2016 where Singaporeans recorded the highest number of offenders with 184,014 summonses, he said.

This is followed by Brunei (63,696), Thailand (22,334), Indonesia (2,880) and others (2,739).

He said for arrest warrants issued to foreigners, Singaporeans recorded the highest at 3,423, followed by Thai nationals (1,116), Bruneians (509), Indonesian (36) and others 274.

corners are mouldy

ermm.. many malaysia mall exterior is mouldy ... so u got exactly wat paid for!  [:p]

many paint.. no matter how good.. will have spalling and pealing due to expansion and contraction lo..  i think every 3~5yrs need to repaint.. so.. normal la... 

• Praise 1

just now went in JPJ VEP.. big banner

"Activation of VEP Registration will resume in due course.
For now, unregistered motor vehicles may continue to enter Malaysia"

just now went in JPJ VEP.. big banner

"Activation of VEP Registration will resume in due course.

For now, unregistered motor vehicles may continue to enter Malaysia"

as good as saying ... simi vep?

move on and stop asking

else slap x 2

to install TnG reader to charge RC took 1.5 years

how long do you think to roll out whole vep [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

corners are mouldy

I tried nippon, ici dulux and those mix and buy ones at those diy shops. I find ici dulux the best, buy the bit more ex paint, easier to roll and the paint a bit longer lasting. The worse was those mix and buy.....knn....became mouldy very fast. I paint myself one with help from wifey and son.

Supercharged

ermm.. many malaysia mall exterior is mouldy ... so u got exactly wat paid for!  [:p]

many paint.. no matter how good.. will have spalling and pealing due to expansion and contraction lo..  i think every 3~5yrs need to repaint.. so.. normal la... 

yeah.. that's a good one..

now what grade, is all rubbish.

just stick to household brand, nothing will goes wrong.

SINGAPORE: Starting Feb 15, all foreign-registered cars will have to pay a reciprocal road charge (RRC) of S$6.40 when they enter Singapore via the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoints, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Monday (Jan 16).

"The RRC mirrors Malaysia’s road charge of RM20 (S$6.40) per entry for non-Malaysia registered cars entering Johor, which was implemented on Nov 1, 2016," LTA said.

The road charge will be collected together with the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP), toll charges and fixed Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fees upon departure at the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoints.

Signs have been put up to remind motorists to pay for the applicable charges by inserting their Autopass card or CashCard into the card readers at the immigration booths, LTA said.

Motorists who evade payment face a S$50 fine for a first offence and S$100 for a subsequent offence. Those who fail to pay the fine may be charged in court and face a fine of up to S$1,000 or a jail term of up to three months, LTA added.

An average of 20,000 Singapore-registered vehicles enter Malaysia daily via the two land checkpoints.

Singapore’s Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in Parliament last Monday that the Government has a “long-standing policy” of matching any levy, tolls or fees charged by Malaysia at the land checkpoints.

“This is to ensure that Malaysia takes into consideration our response whenever they raise their tolls or introduce a new levy,” Mr Khaw said.

Malaysia collected about RM13.9 million in road charges from Singapore vehicles between Nov 1, when the new road charge was launched, and Dec 20 last year, he added.

- CNA/cy
  • Praise 2