Najib Announce VEP for Spore cars!

Ticklish8

lai ar lai ar ... msia wants to impose $35 VEP .... PER DAY !!!

then ah khaw will introduce RVEP ... $35 ... PER DAY !!!

spore <> msia .... 1 day trip ... make it no $500 no talk ...

sibei shiok ah !!! LOL

Please do it ......

or 'Just Do It' :yuush:

Then, SG will impost on all MY m/cycles & vehicles the same amount .... [smash]

• Praise 2

sibei shiok ah !!! LOL

lai. :omg:

who scare who lol :XD:

• Praise 3

sibei shiok ah !!! LOL

Aiyo! Seow! Please go and impose. Then there will be endless implementation.

Let their tourism be affected and all will flock to elsewhere for short trip. No big deal.

• Praise 2

sibei shiok ah !!! LOL

RM.20 + RM.109 = RM.129 是 大都 失利 料终来 的绝策, 牛先生说,凡正我就不回槟城过年,“放马过来” ! Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 3

The majority of Singaporeans that visit JB are for leisure purposes while Malaysians come to SG for work and business. Its definitely going to impact Malaysians more when Singaporeans have the choice not to patronise JB anymore and spend the tourist dollars elsewhere. This cannot be the case for Malaysians when they do not have a choice to stop working in SG!!!

• Praise 4

Hey Guys.....

Just wanna share...

A member, MQX87511, mentioned this....

if I were Malaysia Transport Minister, I will not allow Singapore private vehicle enter Malaysia, see who can win,

if like that Singapore motorists will cry....

What a joke rite?

photo-42416.jpg?_r=1472719324
Ix0107Today, 05:52 PM

MQX87511, on 19 Jan 2017 - 1:35 PM, said:

if I were Malaysia Transport Minister, I will not allow Singapore private vehicle enter Malaysia, see who can win,

Singaporean can choose not to go Malaysia for whatever cheaper items.... But for Malaysians driving or riding into Singapore for work, do you think that who will cry if LTA were to banned all Malaysia private vehicles entering Singapore....

• Praise 1

Hey Guys.....

Just wanna share...

What a joke rite?

Singaporean can choose not to go Malaysia for whatever cheaper items.... But for Malaysians driving or riding into Singapore for work, do you think that who will cry if LTA were to banned all Malaysia private vehicles entering Singapore....

dun understand what you trying to say.
  • Praise 2

sibei shiok ah !!! LOL

Hor say liao.

Makes both govts the most childish govts in the world sia. Still play tic tac toe.

Tic for tac.. wah lan leh.... cant imagine this coming from grown ups

• Praise 1

Singapore to withdraw RRC if M'sia withdraws or implements RC in non-discriminatory way

SINGAPORE: Singapore will withdraw its Reciprocal Road Charge if Malaysia subsequently withdraws its Road Charge, or implements it in a non-discriminatory way, says the republic’s Ministry of Transport (MOT).

MOT described the ‘non-discriminatory way’ as Malaysia should implement its Road Charge at all of its land borders, at an equal cost and on all non-Malaysian-registered cars.

“We have a long-standing policy of matching any levy, tolls or fees charged by Malaysia for using the road links between Singapore and Malaysia,” the ministry said, replying to why Singapore introduced the Reciprocal Road Charge.

The question-and-answer format related to the Reciprocal Road Charge was posted on www.gov.sg portal under ‘Factually’ segment for ‘Transport & Motoring’ topic.

The portal is an official online communication platform and repository of the Singapore Government, providing the public with latest policy announcements, information and news on Singapore.

MOT said there were ‘fundamental differences’ between Singapore’s Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Malaysia’s Road Charge.

MOT said Malaysia’s Road Charge was a levy imposed on all non-Malaysian-registered cars entering Malaysia via Johor at all times.

Singapore’s VEP, on the other hand, was introduced to equalise the cost of owning and using a foreign-registered car or motorcycle in Singapore, with the cost of owning and using a Singapore-registered car or motorcycle.

“This is necessary to ensure fairness, as Singapore-registered vehicles are subjected to significantly different costs from foreign-registered vehicles, such as the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums and vehicle taxes,” it said.

MOT noted that concessions were also given under the VEP scheme.

“All foreign-registered cars and motorcycles enjoy 10 VEP-free weekdays a year. There is also no VEP fee if cars enter and exit Singapore on weekends and Public Holidays, or after work hours (between 5pm to 2am) on weekdays,” it said.

On whether the Singapore VEP was discriminatory, MOT said: “No, it is applied fairly to all foreign-registered cars and motorcycles and at all vehicle entry points into Singapore.

“However, the Malaysian Road Charge is levied on Singapore cars. It is not clear when Malaysia will extend its Road Charge to its other borders with Thailand, Brunei or Indonesia,” it said.

Singapore had on Jan 16, announced that all foreign-registered cars would have to pay the Reciprocal Road Charge of S$6.40 per entry when they entered Singapore via the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoint from Feb 15, 2017.

The Reciprocal Road Charge mirrors Malaysia’s Road Charge of RM20 (about S$6.50) per entry for non-Malaysia registered cars entering Malaysia’s state of Johor, which was implemented on Nov 1, 2016. -- Bernama

• Praise 3

All these increase here and there started when SG side raise $15 to $35 for VEP 2-3 years ago... Maybe minister so smart that they can reduce back to just $20.. Then set the exit cost at $1.20.. Then ask bolehland wanna follow or not?? But I doubt la.. Who don't want to make more money...

Edited by Chucky2007

All these increase here and there started when SG side raise $15 to $35 for VEP 2-3 years ago... Maybe minister so smart that they can reduce back to just $20.. Then set the exit cost at $1.20.. Then ask bolehland wanna follow or not?? But I doubt la.. Who don't want to make more money...

it was $20 before anything started.

Our VEP is to reflect the costs of our COEs which fluctuated over time. It was not intended to tax malaysians.. but more so for anyone who think they can use malaysians cars here in singapore to siam the COE costs here which currently stand at 50k+/- 

If they dont implement that VEP.. all singaporeans will be flooding singapore roads with malaysian plate cars rite?

And as far as im concerned.. if they lower the VEP entry for malaysian cars... our roads would become 10x less safe... sorry.. i dont want... 

• Praise 1

Our VEP is to reflect the costs of our COEs which fluctuated over time. It was not intended to tax malaysians.. but more so for anyone who think they can use malaysians cars here in singapore to siam the COE costs here which currently stand at 50k+/- 

If they dont implement that VEP.. all singaporeans will be flooding singapore roads with malaysian plate cars rite?

And as far as im concerned.. if they lower the VEP entry for malaysian cars... our roads would become 10x less safe... sorry.. i dont want... 

Bolded line: Isn't a simple check of the passport proof enough against that? To tell Singaporeans from Malaysians I mean.

As to the first line, it's BS lah. COEs come up, go down, but I don't see VEP changing except for the worse. Like the relationship between crude and our pump prices. But Malaysians take a lot less sh*t than our sheeple here.

Edited by Turboflat4

Bolded line: Isn't a simple check of the passport proof enough against that? To tell Singaporeans from Malaysians I mean.

So.. there is no need for commercial COEs.. just get malaysians to drive in and out of sgp every day?

for private cars.. there will be separate industry created.. companies hiring malaysians to drive the cars to locals early morning everyday.. 

to save 50k over a 10yr period.. there are many innovative ways to go ard it.

Hey Guys.....

Just wanna share...

What a joke rite?

Grown up Minister playing tic for tac game. Both nation commoners suffer. If they stop the export of goods to Singapore. Stop water supply etc..Stop Malaysian coming to spore for work. We stop patronising in Malaysia. Stop investment..Stop going to their massage..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1