• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Shawrac
  • Premium member
    Shawrac
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am wondering which way is better, have 3 years left and was thinking either to respray, or car wrap(so can cut the polish).

Anyone know where to do good car wrap? 

Antonee and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Changes so far:
K&N Air filter, KW Spring, 17" BBS Rims

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

3 years? Dun bother lah. I know ppl dun even bother to wash their cars anymore after 5 years of ownership.

Save that money to put as deposit.

LoverofCar and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Ryanyusoff
  • Premium member
    Ryanyusoff
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just live with it bro..mine also having that backside itchy syndrome..but you must realise that there are many cuckoos who don't know how to open their vehicle doors properly and would dent/scratch your car. some more 3 yrs left,kind of boh hua leh..

Ahgong and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Feel The Air,Ride The Wave...

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am wondering which way is better, have 3 years left and was thinking either to respray, or car wrap(so can cut the polish).

My suggestion is to Do a respray if u really want a refresh look, wrap is not the best option...........

Shawrac, Simpleonly and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

comegetme
  • comegetme
    Banned

3 years? Dun bother lah. I know ppl dun even bother to wash their cars anymore after 5 years of ownership.

Save that money to put as deposit.

no pride.

my previous car 7 years old and i still made it a point to keep in shiny and in a good condition.

thats coz i love my car.

and not to mention how expensive cars are in singapore.

Edited by comegetme, 17 July 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Nightkids, Turboguy, Kennnny and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no pride.

my previous car 7 years old and i still made it a point to keep in shiny and in a good condition.

thats coz i love my car.

and not to mention how expensive cars are in singapore.

Some ppl just dun care. The car I always see in the carpark is always not washed. The condition is horrible but the owner dun seem to care. Sometimes I happen to see other cars their condition is also the same, never washed.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

comegetme
  • comegetme
    Banned

Some ppl just dun care. The car I always see in the carpark is always not washed. The condition is horrible but the owner dun seem to care. Sometimes I happen to see other cars their condition is also the same, never washed.

ya true....maybe those are uncles or aunties who dont care about cars one bit.

for those in MCF, i believe they are car lovers

BabyBlade and FourZero praised this

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Shawrac
  • Premium member
    Shawrac
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mmmmm, different point of view.

But think i might be going for it, the warp.

Anyone to refer? Est cost?

Changes so far:

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

EXO
  • Premium member
    EXO
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Probably around 2kish

I have been following their FB, their wrap looks good.

https://www.facebook...ojectdecreation

Mmmmm, different point of view.

But think i might be going for it, the warp.

Anyone to refer? Est cost?

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Azzurro
  • Azzurro
    Clutched
    Author Image

http://www.mycarforu...nting-bodykits/

A spray paint company adv. Looks very good too.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Nightkids
  • Premium member
    Nightkids
    Supercharged
    Author Image

erm.... Johnson Decal Ubi

going to do up mine 2 weeks later....

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Shawrac
  • Premium member
    Shawrac
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Great info. Thank.
Still pending for decision!
Changes so far:

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Matrix0405
  • Premium member
    Matrix0405
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Spay paint gives a refreshed look, while wrap is more edgy. Compare price and go for the cheaper option. 2 yrs later, COE is going to drop big time and you will be selling your car.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Spray job does nothing for the car or owner..

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Azzurro
  • Azzurro
    Clutched
    Author Image

My doors have a lot of dents some are quite deep. Is it possible to be wrapped?

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Nightkids
  • Premium member
    Nightkids
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i went johnson to look see, they will use something to patch it smooth before they wrap.

i dare not say wat it is bcos i don know....

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

BabyBlade

Jdmtunerstickers

https://www.facebook...mtuner.stickers

I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Under normal wash....is wrapping better vs paint against scratching...any members here can give us a comparison?  I'm referring to gloss color wrap...not matt type.

Antonee and 1 Anonymous member praised this

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

NightWind
  • NightWind
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro wrap or respray each have their own benefits.

The downtime for a wrap is only maybe 2-3days and costs about $2k.   Later on if you wana restore the original car colour u can simply unwrap.

But the wraps have more limited colour range, unlike water-based paint, they cant easily mix the colours fer diferent shades.  But they also offer more unique colours e.g matte finishes etc

Wraps are also good if you like to achieve detailed colour schemes, eg is the M3 GT Candy Cane job.

By comparison respraying can take anything from 8-10 days for a complete respray. 

You can try Project De Creation for a good wrap.  They also do CF wraps i think.

I m thinking of wrapping my car too.....hmmmmm....now i am darn itchy.  Lol

Hi bro wrapping will not solve the dents and dinks on ur door.  Before you wrap, and i empahsise BEFORE, its better to do PDR (Paintless Dent Removal).

If u wrap fisrt n do the PDR later i dont know if the finish will be perfect.

Antonee and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

After wrapping...must inform LTA the change of car color right? is it a must as the base of the car color still remain.....?

Edited by LoverofCar, 23 July 2014 - 03:35 PM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by mason  |  Neutral Newbie

I'm impressed by the service provided by precise auto service. Marcus was helpful and response was fast. Overall a good place to make it a regular workshop for car related issues in the future. Highly Recommended!

Garage Republic Pte Ltd

Garage Republic Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by VteckiCk  |  2nd Gear

Pleasant experience with the boss (Dexter). Didn't know they have shifted to a few levels up at the same building. Sent my Fiat to do some simple servicing few months back and was also informed by mechanic Shen/Sheng about an oil leak that will have to be rectified soon. No hard selling on their end. Price is also reasonable. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Spray Painting, Decals, Stickers & Number Plates

Quick Reply

Tags: opel, wrap, respraying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users