For those who go JB for 4 wheel alignment.

Pisces69

Hi all.

I just went my regular ws (Autobac) in JB for a service n 4 wheel computerised alignment.

Seems now they only do the Side-Slip(Toe-in/Toe-out) adjustment for the usual RM30-45.

If u wan to adjust the camber they charge extra.

Looks like those JB WS r thinking of ways to increase the charges to us. [hur]

If they wan to charge extra for the camber adjustment just walk away. :angry:

There r still many places that do the side-slip n camber adjustments for RM30-45 as b4. [thumbsup]

Anyway I wil not b going to Autobac anymore cos their charges n prices seem to have increased since they shifted to their new place further down the road. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hi all.

I just went my regular ws (Autobac) in JB for a service n 4 wheel computerised alignment.

Seems now they only do the Side-Slip(Toe-in/Toe-out) adjustment for the usual RM30-45.

There r still many places that do the side-slip n camber adjustments for RM30-45 as b4. [thumbsup]

Anyway I wil not b going to Autobac anymore cos their charges n prices seem to have increased since they shifted to their new place further down the road. [thumbsdown]

Tks for the head up.

• Praise 3

Hi all.

Knn! Chut pattern liao lor!!!!

Our beloved najib bro haven't impose fee and yet these blood suckers (ws , foodstall etc...) fast hand fast leg!!

Anyway, thanks for the info!

• Praise 1

Knn! Chut pattern liao lor!!!!

Our beloved najib bro haven't impose fee and yet these blood suckers (ws , foodstall etc...) fast hand fast leg!!

Anyway, thanks for the info!

No prob.

Just warning bros here to b careful.

Maybe Ty thinking soon we wil b no more so better whack us now b4 they implement the new RM VEP charges to SG cars..

That day I go autobacs for wheel alignment and balancing and found that their service is quite good leh...

I go AUTOBAC. The one that has been in JB for many years not the new AUTOBACS just start.

So far I tried a few n all r good. Now is only the price they wan to charge. If they wan to whack then I just find another WS to do .

So many car WS in JB to choose. Only if good n cheap or not. [nod]

AUTOBAC prices have increased recently n their car stuff also selling not cheap.

Eg: They selling a car cam for abt RM380 which I just bought from KSL for only RM170. Exactly same item I see MCF thread it also selling in SG for S$60 only. [grin]

Turbocharged

The genuine Autobacs just opened not long ago near aeon tebrau shifted??? Sure or not? Thought they just open not long ago?

Wheel alignment in JB so cheap? What kind of wheel alignment machine are they using?

I usually get mine done at 60 bucks here.

SG normal price is abt S$60 and JB abt RM30-40 usual price.

Ive seen Hunter n other well known machines.

Last time I did it in JB was abt 1 year ago n they only charged me RM30 at a different place from Autobacs.

I hope next time I go there they still charging RM30.....but Im afraid many places in JB r raising their prices especially to Sporeans cos of the weak RM n strong S$.

Maybe some r raising prices to anticipate the loss of income when less SG cars go there after Msia introduce the new VEP charge on SG cars into Johor. [sly]

(edited)

In JB, there's AUTOBAC and there's AUTOBACS...haha

Autobacs just opened abt 1 year ago. Autobac has been there long time already (several years).

Autobac has just shifted abt early this year further down the road.

Now sure got confusion [confused] with both places name so alike. [hur]

Edited by Pisces69

The genuine Autobacs just opened not long ago near aeon tebrau shifted??? Sure or not? Thought they just open not long ago?

The new one I have not been yet.

I go the old Autobac for a few years already. This one just shifted from Taman Melodies junction(b4 the big Caltex station) to a couple hundred meters further down the Terbau Hway.

Ther r now at a bungalow along the road where another ws who used to advertise shock absorbers........ but closed down last year.

(edited)

I do my alignment in JB also, at hawk tyre Sutera Mall, should be 40rm.

Next time u go just check if they now only do the side-slip or still camber adjustments incl the RM40 or now they charge extra if u wan to adjust the camber?

Recently JB WS tried the "change camber bolt" trick but maybe many say dun wan so now they try a new trick. [idea]

Edited by Pisces69

Supersonic

Next time u go just check if they now only do the side-slip or still camber adjustments incl the RM40 or now they charge extra if u wan to adjust the camber?

Recently JB WS tried the "change camber bolt" trick but maybe many say dun wan so now they try a new trick. [idea]

Side-slip is just a test of how much the wheel wanders.

Wheel alignment is about adjusting toe, which affects side-slip measurement.

Camber adjustment is not needed in most cases.

Unlike toe, a bit of negative camber is normal, it will not cause tyre to prematurely wear out.

So yeah, don't fall for the camber bolt trick, unless you have too much money to spend.

I stopped going to Autobac (Taman Melodies) for a few years already. They tried various ways to "carrot" me just because my car is SG plate.

There are plenty of other honest Tyre/Car service shops in JB.

Be warned.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Imo, it's safer to drive slightly further away.

My usual haunt is Taman Universiti, Skudai or Perling.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1