Bus Drivers' behaviours.

Turbonetics

Hi everybody who is reading this,Iam positng here not really to complain but to hear your voice regarding bus drivers on our roads. Recently,i noticed that bus drivers like to horn and high beam especially when I filter into their lane even though with a safe distant and speed and signal ON. Does any of u also notice this? and most of them seems to reluctant to give way too nowadays.Why are they doing this to purposely pissed off other road users?

Let's hear from all of u and share your experience here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think bus drivers are among the most stressed drivers on our roads. They have to multi task so much, not just driving but managing the passengers. We car drivers have the easiest job compared to bus and taxi drivers who have to spend so many hours driving on the road everyday. And they are not doing this for fun but to earn a living and feed their families. With this in mind we really should try to give way or give them some leeway if they make mistakes.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Mainly public buses.

If they are really stress,all the more they shouldn't provoke others road users.

Iam sure we know bus drivers like to chiong out of the bus stop into the main road and I always give way to them and sometimes they were so close that i had to brake hard or filter lane to avoid collision and these are not what iam talking about. One example which happened just few days ago was that the bus speed was slowler than mine and i need to filter infront of him which was about 20-25m and i did signaled even though without signal i could have easily filter in.

So after filtering into his lane and i maintain my speed and he was still pretty far...it was about 5-10 seconds later,he high beamed at me for no reason(s) that i could think off except that he may not be happy that i filter into his imaginary grandfather's road. and the high beam wasn't just once or twice beam but he hold it for about 3-5 seconds.

Yes,I was pretty pissed as iam pretty sure he did it purposely to provoked.

there a few instances similar with either high beam or horning.

Well,if i filter in abruptly then i have nothing to say but with very safe distance.

making mistakes and doing it on purpose are different matters altogether.

Edited by Turbonetics

Hi bro, I experienced this too. It happens even when I am about 100m to 150m ahead of the bus and it is only just beginning to pull out of the bay.

I believe it is due to them venting the frustration that they have built up from driving the whole day.

Unhappiness and anger go round in a vicious cycle. This applies to everyone in general and not just the bus drivers. Like a virus, unhappiness spreads from one person to another, across systems (transport, office environment, home, etc).

Hi everybody who is reading this,Iam positng here not really to complain but to hear your voice regarding bus drivers on our roads. Recently,i noticed that bus drivers like to horn and high beam especially when I filter into their lane even though with a safe distant and speed and signal ON. Does any of u also notice this? and most of them seems to reluctant to give way too nowadays.Why are they doing this to purposely pissed off other road users?

Supercharged

From bus driver POV, even if there is a safety distance, they still need to jam brake. Which in turn affect commuters on the bus. And commuters will feedback abt the driver's driving behaviour.

From bus commuter POV, so what if safety distance etc. Don't those driver who caused the bus driver to brake realised that the bigger the vehicle, the greater stopping distance is required?

As a regular driver n bus user, I am very mindful when filtering in front of a moving bus as I won't know exactly the distance required for them to come to a complete stop if it needs to.

As a commuter, I see sometimes ignorant commuters scolding bus driver who braked suddenly when a vehicle cut in abruptly. Telling them it is not driver's fault is pointless.

• Praise 1

Not to mention nowadays I had experienced myself as well as saw incidents that when you are travelling on the left lane and even when you are almost approaching the bus stop, the bus will just filter out which causes you to jam brake. The lane was not a bus lane or did not have a give way to bus sign but they just take it for granted. [furious] :angry:

• Praise 3

(edited)

bus drivers nowadays are different from the bus drivers we had 10-20 years ago... (my ex gf dad was one,, retired by now)

they are so patient and relaxed..

look at this of many example..

cannot follow behind in own lane... die die must overtake... and then brake so aggressively

here's another one...

with kelong driving skill,,

Edited by Mingsect
  • Praise 3

Of you feel provoked mean you are worried you are in the wrong, if you are them you probably get a ticket, if not then make sure you drive safely.

Bus lane is there for a reason, agree bus drivers are getting less impatient but I won't be pissed if I crosses their path.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I dun have such encounters.

Why ppl get so offended when being honk at and high beam?

Prease tell us that is you, TS.... [grin]

3_20.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

(edited)

One of my healthy driving practice is not to take honking and high beaming from others so seriously or personally. It's merely a noise and a flash of light among the myriad of sound and scenes among the traffic. I think we over analyse too much and in the process stress ourselves out. If your maneuver was safely executed, then there's nothing more to worry about. If not, just reflect upon how you can avoid the same error in the future.

Another healthy practice is I never drive with the expectation that others have to give way to me. I depend on my own judgement and skill to maneuver my car, including changing lanes. I feel good when I'm able to execute my moves without others having to accommodate me. But I feel even better when others do give way to me and that's a bonus I never expect in the first place.

That's why I still enjoy driving so much after all these years even though traffic is busier than it used to be.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

To many drivers they think buses are able to brake and stop in time as compared to their cars.

To tell you honestly unless you take heavy vehicle license you will never know. To take a bigger and heavier vehicle to brake hard and stop within a short braking distance is a challenge. That's why I never ever cut into the path of a heavy vehicle. Many ppl see a big space there and they just filter in. You are just risking your life unnecessarily.

Driving a heavy vehicle is not like driving your regular sedan or hatchback.

• Praise 1

I dun have such encounters.

Why ppl get so offended when being honk at and high beam?

Prease tell us that is you, TS.... [grin]

3_20.jpg

don't act so childish and anyhow post photo to assume it was me and "Thanks" for showing me this to prove that Iam not alone being faulting on bus drivers.

By the way,it ain't funny or humorous at all..try harder next time.

i know u are trying to tell everybody here u are very saint and the best driver award in Singapore should goes to you...but who cares?lol

Not to mention nowadays I had experienced myself as well as saw incidents that when you are travelling on the left lane and even when you are almost approaching the bus stop, the bus will just filter out which causes you to jam brake. The lane was not a bus lane or did not have a give way to bus sign but they just take it for granted. [furious] :angry:

Point is, the sign isn't on the road.

bgfb10.jpg

But then, yes. There's some of them... Anyway, it's best not to assume that all bus will let you pass before filtering out. ^_^

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Sometimes bus routes also stress out the drivers.

Like in the second video, the bus route requires the driver to filter all the way to right shortly after leaving the bus stop in order to make that turn.

The camera car should have slowed and give the bus space. Isn't it obvious? The bus was straddled across 2 lanes with this right signal flashing.

• Praise 1

Sometimes bus routes also stress out the drivers.

Like in the second video, the bus route requires the driver to filter all the way to right shortly after leaving the bus stop in order to make that turn.

The camera car should have slowed and give the bus space. Isn't it obvious? The bus was straddled across 2 lanes with this right signal flashing.

Some car drivers feel that giving way to a bus very no-face one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1