Will you accept bad service for good food ?

Ysc3

i am actually 90% sure that the young chap will take over the business one day ... meaning he not a worker.

others were in uniform ... except for this chap and the lady who came in later.

at least tell us what they sell in which part of the island lah, we will avoid if not purposely go there stir sh!t [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

at least tell us what they sell in which part of the island lah, we will avoid if not purposely go there stir sh!t [laugh]

try to pull chairs when you visit "Story of Bak Kut Teh" @ river valley, just beside LiangCourt.

but do it only when you see the non-uniformed young chap .... pls dun kacheow the nice senior lady.

** btw, dun go there if you are drunk after partying at the quay ... coz there are signs all over the eatery that they will charge you $50 for cleaning up if you vomit there.

Dan you all should have left when he start giving you the lecture on chairs. I'm sure there are other places you can eat.

there are for me, my wife and sis ... buy my 70+ yr old sickly father in tag, quite difficult to move around.

Edited by Ysc3

(edited)

try to pull chairs when you visit "Story of Bak Kut Teh" @ river valley, just beside LiangCourt.

but do it only when you see the non-uniformed young chap .... pls dun kacheow the nice senior lady.

** btw, dun go there if you are drunk after partying at the quay ... coz there are signs all over the eatery that they will charge you $50 for cleaning up if you vomit there.

there are for me, my wife and sis ... buy my 70+ yr old sickly father in tag, quite difficult to move around.

i reckon it should be Bak Kut teh when you mentioned add soup, many bak kut teh store are overrated nowadays [laugh]

i never go clark quay area for food, they are meant for tourists, and the tourists will usually complaint to STB after that [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

Supercharged

I prefer good service cheap good food.

Any place to recommend ?

Western food at Jalan Leban hawker centre (next to SPC).

• Praise 1

For me and my family :

If food is damn good, but service damn lousy.....no more 2nd visit

If food is Ok, service very good....will consider for next visit

If food is no good, service is no good......only can wish it close down faster

If food is good / damn good and service also not bad........confirm long Q, than depend if hungry or have time at that occasion.

• Praise 1

it all depends on what kind of bad service and how darn good the food is.

if they are slow in service for bringing water/fork spoon etc, i dont mind walking a few more steps to do all those things on my own.

there was once when my friends and I visited the coffee club at raffles place. they happened to have the GSS promo. we sat there for a good 15mins before we ordered. and when we did, we ordered their promo items which sold out. the service staff should clearly inform us that the promo food sold out when they gave us the menu. in the end, we walked out! whahahaahah

Turbocharged

i would prefer better service and decent food ... i think a smile from the wait staff goes a long way (even though they have probably been on their feet the entire day). sometimes the manager's tone can also break or make your day. i refuse to queue more than 20 minutes for food ... no matter how good the food is, i rather come back another time because if its so packed, the cooks might be overworked anyway ..

but recently had dinner at alkaff mansion, dinner was pretty decent (mainly because i am vegetarian, so they had to whip something off the menu up for me), but the manager came around, make sure everything was ok for me (and he was quite on the ball, checking whether i can take milk, garlic, onion etc ..) left him a decent sized tip because of his initiative (and he came around twice to make sure the food was good)

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Depends on how bad is the service.

If it's just impersonal, brusque and without a smile, which is in fact common in hawker stalls, I have no problems.

But if rude or sarcastic remarks which are uncalled for are made, I'll just walk away.

If the food is good n value for money, poor service is acceptable provided such service doesn't make me wait. Example : waiters showing black face or being rude etc are ok coz such behaviours won't really hurt, after all why should I be bothered with these mere service staff. I won't even look at them.

But unnecessary delays in things I can't DIY are no, no unless I have lots of time on that occasion. I can DIY utensils etc in most places.

Long queue for a table will turn me away.

Other than the above, I have no problems if the food is good, prices are reasonable.

• Praise 1

(edited)

If I bring my 74-year old father to makan and we kena that kinda service, my dad will be the first one to fark the fellow.

If I not happy i'll just stand up and walk out. No need to talk. The last place I did that was at the Spanish place Serenity at vivocity. They were absolutely not interested in serving anyone.

In short, no I will not accept bad service for good food. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth which spoils the food.

Edited by Myxilplix
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Some place sure got service one, places like newton circus all these. You give them business their service sure dam good, you don't give them business their face will turn dam black.

Typically those shady places that have bad records of tourist or even locals kena chop carrot service quite good, everything also can accommodate, unless you don't want pay or kpkb why so ex.

Edited by GLZT
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Really depends lah ...

Especially if it is a resturant and we are paying service charge ... I do demand for a certain level of service.

In hawker centre ..... what can one expect for a bowl of fish ball noodle that cost $2.50.

I was queuing behind this English speaking aunty at a self service duck noodle store and the hawker need and took a break (10 mins) to prepare the cooked duck. This aunty demand that she place the order and the hawker take her order and serve her when the break is over. The hawker refuse her request as there was already a quene forming up during the break. She went on to reprimard the hawker for the lack of service.

I was like ... wtf .... how much are you paying for a bowl of duck noodle... $15.00 ?

Not wrong to demand for service but I guess it has to depend on the place as well.

Edited by Civic6228
  • Praise 1

show of hands .... how many can accept bad service/attitude if the food is good or average ?

Good Food, good service, not value for money = go back again.

Good Food, poor service, not value for money = never.

Good Food, poor service, value for money = consider go back again, once a while

Poor Food, good service, value for money = consider.

Somehow it show a striking resemblance to something else.

Good bongs, good looks, not value for money = go back again.

Good bongs, bad looks, not value for money = never.

Good bongs, bad looks, value for money = consider go back again, once a while.

Bad bongs, good looks, value for money = consider.

• Praise 2

No way. Money is mine, you show me pattern I go elsewhere. Simple as that.

R u talking about Eng Seng at Still Road? Hahaha

actually, I've never encountered bad service from the fat lady ^_^

• Praise 1

i can accept average food and average service if i pay average price

but when i am paying a high end price, i expect high end service and high end food

if you wanna charge so high, you better deliver solid results

• Praise 1

Really depends lah ...

Especially if it is a resturant and we are paying service charge ... I do demand for a certain level of service.

In hawker centre ..... what can one expect for a bowl of fish ball noodle that cost $2.50.

I was queuing behind this English speaking aunty at a self service duck noodle store and the hawker need and took a break (10 mins) to prepare the cooked duck. This aunty demand that she place the order and the hawker take her order and serve her when the break is over. The hawker refuse her request as there was already a quene forming up during the break. She went on to reprimard the hawker for the lack of service.

I was like ... wtf .... how much are you paying for a bowl of duck noodle... $15.00 ?

Not wrong to demand for service but I guess it has to depend on the place as well.

Even if $2.50 fishball noodle, we still pay right? Why the seller attitude makes us like beggar?

I went to hawker centre and want to buy chicken rice, the person shout at me, yao shen mo??!!!

I just left and find other stalls.

There is one more restaurant that i shall not name it here that they place the dish with a bang, its a chinese restaurant, farkin rude waitress, though food pretty good but thats the last time i had there

• Praise 1

There is one more restaurant that i shall not name it here that they place the dish with a bang, its a chinese restaurant, farkin rude waitress, though food pretty good but thats the last time i had there

just to clarify, if the bad service happen on me then i will not step in again. However, if you know your way around to get the service and not been neglected, then maybe ok to go back.

i went to this shop selling roasted/bbq pork/duck always full house during lunch, the workers are all very rude, they dun bother to come and ask what you want, but if you know the way to get your order taken, you are ok.

But i saw some people sat there for 30min hoping the worker come to take order, they can continue to wait till the food sold out [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement