Will you accept bad service for good food ?

Ysc3

i can accept average food and average service if i pay average price

but when i am paying a high end price, i expect high end service and high end food

if you wanna charge so high, you better deliver solid results

But than.....sometimes the highest paid team in the world will tell you not to expect perfection and no amount of " whatever " can prevent bad stuff from happening.........with a very sincere plea of " honest mistake and let's move on ".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I will look at the whole experience of dining/eating there including the food, service, to decide if I will go back there.

In this day and age, service constitute 60-70% of our daily lives. Products are slowly becoming commoditized. Unless your product is so much better than others'. In this case, if the food is exceptionally good that it gives me very good experience of tasting it. Couple with good service, I will consider going back. Otherwise, there is no difference between the restaurant/shop and his neighboring competitor, which could be serving other types of food. The only way to gain customers or repeat customers is throughout service which gives good customer experience (CX).

Anybody doing business without thinking about giving good customer experience will mostly likely lose the customer to the competitors. And worse still, today anything bad experience anybody had will be immediately on Facebook, mycarforum, twitter, blogs, etc. how many of you go to a restaurant to "try" despite bad report you see on social media?

• Praise 1

just to clarify, if the bad service happen on me then i will not step in again. However, if you know your way around to get the service and not been neglected, then maybe ok to go back.

i went to this shop selling roasted/bbq pork/duck always full house during lunch, the workers are all very rude, they dun bother to come and ask what you want, but if you know the way to get your order taken, you are ok.

But i saw some people sat there for 30min hoping the worker come to take order, they can continue to wait till the food sold out [laugh][laugh]

I think i know this shop

Is it near west coast market? I got same treatment in that shop lol

but when i am paying a high end price, i expect high end service and high end food

yeah, once i ordered otoro maguro sashimi at a jap restaurant in Forum. 4pcs for 30/40+ ..... I took the first bite, pui back to the plate and ask the waitress over. I then told her "this is not otoro, please ask your manager over" Guess what ? The manager don't even have the balls to come over, just told the waitress that I will not be charged for that plate.

My immediate thought is the restaurant knows that the quality of their otoro is lousy or its not even otoro at all ... Needless to say, my 1st and last visit. Don't even know whether the restaurant still alive or not. Most prob not

show of hands .... how many can accept bad service/attitude if the food is good or average ?

I pay good money to enjoy my food, hence I expect food to be good and have good service.

If the waiter starts sniffing at me in disdain because I don't want desert or didn't ask for the off the menu item, you can bet it I will not patronise there again ever.

I haven't patronised "Xin Wang" in years because the serving staff wanted to sit me in the middle of the restaurant near the kitchen/cashier counter instead of a corner seat when it was over 80% empty.

But than.....sometimes the highest paid team in the world will tell you not to expect perfection and no amount of " whatever " can prevent bad stuff from happening.........with a very sincere plea of " honest mistake and let's move on ".

you talking about England World Cup team?

Some place sure got service one, places like newton circus all these. You give them business their service sure dam good, you don't give them business their face will turn dam black.

Typically those shady places that have bad records of tourist or even locals kena chop carrot service quite good, everything also can accommodate, unless you don't want pay or kpkb why so ex.

Such kind of places have only 1 service standard.

往钱看

• Praise 1

I pay good money to enjoy my food, hence I expect food to be good and have good service.

If the waiter starts sniffing at me in disdain because I don't want desert or didn't ask for the off the menu item, you can bet it I will not patronise there again ever.

I haven't patronised "Xin Wang" in years because the serving staff wanted to sit me in the middle of the restaurant near the kitchen/cashier counter instead of a corner seat when it was over 80% empty.

did you ask them why? And did they refuse your request to sit in corner seat?

Some times also gotta depends on individual, don't let 1 sour grape spoil the rest of your dining mood.

I think i know this shop

Is it near west coast market? I got same treatment in that shop lol

not that one, west coast market that one actually quite polite, very polite in fact.

The one i refer to is in town along beach road :D

not that one, west coast market that one actually quite polite, very polite in fact.

The one i refer to is in town along beach road :D

Oh cos in west coast that one they don't ask u what u wan to buy, so some people there just literally stands there guard the door lol

that time i went to a restaurant to eat japanese crab hotpot meal and food was very good!!!

so i tell the waitress that kani nabe jin ho jiak

but the waitress scold me, donno why

so i dont dare to recommend fellow bros here even though their kani nabe indeed jin ho jiak [grin]

you talking about England World Cup team?

Oh no..... that Ang Mo ball team at least can be changed easily and don't really affect majority of the ppl here.

(edited)

Oh no..... that Ang Mo ball team at least can be changed easily and don't really affect majority of the ppl here.

then who you talking about? [confused]

alot people seems affected by World Cup and BPL leh

Edited by Galantspeedz

Twincharged

If I bring my 74-year old father to makan and we kena that kinda service, my dad will be the first one to fark the fellow.

If I not happy i'll just stand up and walk out. No need to talk. The last place I did that was at the Spanish place Serenity at vivocity. They were absolutely not interested in serving anyone.

In short, no I will not accept bad service for good food. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth which spoils the food.

so "zhun" ... I was actually eying that eatery for a meal .... saw the poster ad of the roast pig 2 weeks ago when I walked past ... was considering going there with my family ... but now you say like this ... have to reconsider.

but actually when I was there looking at their posters a waiter actually started walking towards me but I just walked off before he came close.

did you ask them why? And did they refuse your request to sit in corner seat?

I did, it wasn't reserved or along those lines. I did ask again and he didn't budge, so I left.

The funny thing is I used to have no problems getting seated there, but this particular chap was vexing. [crazy]

I don't know if any of you notice but there is a tendency for serving staff to cluster patrons together despite available spaces. I have had instances where there are empty tables between you and the next group and the serving staff will direct you to the table next to the current group or vice versa. [:|]

Sometimes really buay tahan. [smash]

Supercharged

ohhh... [sly]

you also think that way ah?

but... but... but... brudders leh... good thing must share mah~! [sly]

Good luck :D

If find one just keep quiet and go as frequent as you can cos it may not be around for long [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement