Will you accept bad service for good food ?

Ysc3

I am rather particular on certain words used in mandarin when approached by staffs on number of pax.

Staff:请问几个人。。。。

Me: 是几位而不是几个, 你知道有什么分别吗?

Staff:............

samo samo.....

they'd always ask you: 饭妈?

I always correct them to 饭妈???

it piss me off if above was said by a Chinese whereby they should know the meaning very well!

and If they do, I will always ask them . . . . 姐, 多少钱?

• Praise 1

although this might not be a good section to put this, but since i started this, i might as well put it here.

almost same thing ... about chairs for bags ... but this time, having learnt our "lesson" from the previous encounter, we went to Song Fa BKT at Changi business park ...

After waiting for our turn to enter the eatery (pretty packed), we were seated beside the door. the table was good enough for our family of 5 + one baby chair. Once we were seated down, we were surprised when the staff brought another extra two chairs for us and when we only had 5 paxs.

the staff then told the female members of my family that the extra two chairs were for them to put their bags on !! and after they put their bags down, the staff then proceeded to cover the bags with a piece of cloth !!

OMG !! i simply cant believe that there is such people around ! we did not ask for anything and my wife was prepared to eat with her backpack on her back but the staff at Song Fa really took an effort to make sure that we had our dinner in peace and convenience !! Great job !!

this is common in restaurants whereby they (waitress, waitresses) will cover your coat/jacket or belongings with blanket-like cloth after you have laid them on the chair (s)  in major cities around in China; to avoid smelling like their food when custoimers walk out . . . .

however, local ppl or service here will NOT be bothered or some will not even like it.....   sigh

Most of the times. My wish is to let them upgrade their service standard.

:grin:

To be frank, they will just think you are being a kuai lan ass. 

If u really want to correct their mandarin, then u better find a more pleasant/joking way to do it.

Mercury1, on 28 Jan 2015 - 10:46 AM,

I used to dine regularly at a restaurant called wong kei in london Chinatown. Service was atrocious but food was really cheap (for Chinese food). So I would accept bad servic for cheap food haha

Hahah, I was there in the mid 90s. Food is half the price of other restaurants, like only £2.50 for fried rice and you had to share the table with the other patrons as it was usually crowded. The most memorable experience is when my friend ordered by the menu number. The waiter, who looked like he was from the triad scolded "Why you tell me the number, you think I'm a f**king menu? Just say what you want, leilomo!"  [laugh]

I just walked past this wong kei today; gotta give it a miss coz its so different these days

with guai loh waiters these days....... never the same anymore

• Praise 1

samo samo.....

they'd always ask you: 饭妈?

I always correct them to 饭妈???

it piss me off if above was said by a Chinese whereby they should know the meaning very well!

and If they do, I will always ask them . . . . 姐, 多少钱?

I don't correct anyone's Chinese - because my Chinese sucks big time.

More likely that people will laugh at me if/when I try to speak Chinese

To be frank, they will just think you are being a kuai lan ass.

If u really want to correct their mandarin, then u better find a more pleasant/joking way to do it.

Frankly my friendly and the sincere looking face will melt those auntie away...hahahhahaha

I don't correct anyone's Chinese - because my Chinese sucks big time.

More likely that people will laugh at me if/when I try to speak Chinese

what I just said was sarcasm, not about good or bad mandarin

this is also practised in europe and especially uk

of coz, it will be blessing in disguise if one's ignorant about these sarcasms that these waiter/waitress made on their customers

but you will be pissed when or if you are aware . . . . .

I would even reply them, 姐, 卖or多少钱?   if she continues

??? What has this got to do with service standards?

If their language skills and studies were so good, perhaps they wouldn't be service staff in the first place.

Come on la. 

• Praise 1

Frankly my friendly and the sincere looking face will melt those auntie away...hahahhahaha

if u are auntie killer, then bo wei gong  [laugh]

If their language skills and studies were so good, perhaps they wouldn't be service staff in the first place.

Come on la. 

yeah 

Hahaaaahaaaaa....if handsome can la, think they gladly chit chat with u

I will even stay in a hotel with bad service but very nice rooms that

are very cheap. In Japan there is only one hotel with bad reviews

on a rude front office staff. I didn't mind cos I was there to stay in the

hotel and not to make friends with him. Anyway when I checked in

the rude staff was not on duty and I never met him.

:D

For me it depends.

If staff is slow or get order wrong, I can forgive, because I know there are bad days and people do make mistakes. As long as they are apologetic and try to make up for it I'm okay with that.

But I cannot tolerate rudeness or inconsiderate behaviour. Because to me that is an attitude problem that shows a lot about yourself and how you run your business and how you treat people. I don't care whether it's $2.50 chicken rice or $25 steak, I won't come back again for rude service.

• Praise 1

Come on la.

Maybe you eat often at plush restaurant while I eat at kopi Thiam zhichar.

To me, if the waitress cannot express herself well and put across her message in the wrong manner, that is a blemish in her service standard.

the Boss's daughter at Ah Soon BKT taman sentosa JB, she will always ask "有叫鸡吗?" and we always go , "要要要". what she actually meant is the claypot chicken lah.  where got time to correct her, find table to sit already is a challenge  liao. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I am ok with avg food, but not bad service. By bad service i refer to those black face like we owe them millions, ask for something but never return with the item, call them they show you one kind of attitude, or ask them to recommend and they say everything same. 

I am perfectly ok with their language, as long as their attitude is ok. I go there for food not to attend language class, if their language so good I think they become teacher liao lor. Why make life difficult for ppl.   [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

the Boss's daughter at Ah Soon BKT taman sentosa JB, she will always ask "有叫鸡吗?" and we always go , "要要要". what she actually meant is the claypot chicken lah.  where got time to correct her, find table to sit already is a challenge  liao. [laugh]  

I am ok with avg food, but not bad service. By bad service i refer to those black face like we owe them millions, ask for something but never return with the item, call them they show you one kind of attitude, or ask them to recommend and they say everything same. 

I am perfectly ok with their language, as long as their attitude is ok. I go there for food not to attend language class, if their language so good I think they become teacher liao lor. Why make life difficult for ppl.   [:p]  [laugh]  

Same also. I come to forum read your LJ posts, never bother about your dot dot dot at all coz its the content that counts not the dot dot dot  [laugh]  [laugh]  

• Praise 1

Same also. I come to forum read your LJ posts, never bother about your dot dot dot at all coz its the content that counts not the dot dot dot  [laugh]  [laugh]  

KNN, you cannot forget the dot dot dot hor.  [laugh]

OK.............from now on...............I shall only............dot dot dot ...............when I reply to you.........like that can!!!... :a-happy: :a-happy:  :a-happy:

↡ Advertisement