Tired of rude drivers? Put a bow tie on your car

alphard96

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tired-of-rude-drivers-put/1276860.html

SINGAPORE: Wondering why you’re seeing bow ties on cars in the streets? A movement in Singapore is taking off, aimed at making the roads a safer place.

The Gentlemen Movement campaign started in December 2013, but has only recently started making its rounds on social media. Their Facebook page describes the project as “a social initiative to cultivate and install road courtesy, patience and good driving habits in Singapore.”

MP for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng has also thrown his support behind the movement. In a YouTube video released by the group, he said, "For the record, we are not doing this for the Government, any movement or any council."

The movement aims to put a bow tie on one out of every 1,500 cars – there are more than 970,000 cars in Singapore – signifying the drivers’ intent to be more courteous on the road.

The organisers are hoping to raise USD$15,900 (S$19,700) to help pay for the production of collateral for the movement.

Have not seen it yet, anyone knows how much/where to buy?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Internal Moderator

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tired-of-rude-drivers-put/1276860.html

SINGAPORE: Wondering why you’re seeing bow ties on cars in the streets? A movement in Singapore is taking off, aimed at making the roads a safer place.

The Gentlemen Movement campaign started in December 2013, but has only recently started making its rounds on social media. Their Facebook page describes the project as “a social initiative to cultivate and install road courtesy, patience and good driving habits in Singapore.”

MP for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng has also thrown his support behind the movement. In a YouTube video released by the group, he said, "For the record, we are not doing this for the Government, any movement or any council."

The movement aims to put a bow tie on one out of every 1,500 cars – there are more than 970,000 cars in Singapore – signifying the drivers’ intent to be more courteous on the road.

The organisers are hoping to raise USD$15,900 (S$19,700) to help pay for the production of collateral for the movement.

Have not seen it yet, anyone knows how much/where to buy?

http://thegentlemenmovement.org/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-gentlemen-movement/contributions/new?perk_amt=22&perk_id=2127483

• Praise 1

Am I right to say it cost USD25 to get that bow-tie decal?

maybe u right.

I was hopping to get it at petrol station eg $2 or $5.

Suggestion - to be given free to those who fill up $50 of petrol eg V power (instead of the usual tissue box, or coke bottle/can)

this way will get more motorist to put the bow tie!

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Aiyah just buy a small bow-tie or do a PINK or WHITE or YELLOW bow tie.

Next time, for all u know, they might come up with tie a Condom to support Safe Sex movement.

I ok with whatever driver put on the exterior, just make sure it is secured. Seen alot of flying nose, ear.

• Praise 2

most of the ladies in the video quite chio leh.

I will support!!

I didn't click the links at first, but after your comment, went to watch the whole video..

Aiyoyo.. Calling @super7 an @tvt liao.. Go watch video of chiobu.. Mute..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I didn't click the links at first, but after your comment, went to watch the whole video..

Aiyoyo.. Calling @super7 an @tvt liao.. Go watch video of chiobu.. Mute..

Yes, just watched it.

Yes, quite chio.

Yes, will watch it, again !! :wub:[cool]

Supercharged

Put MCF decal better.

I tot now coming National Day and the tread now is to put a Singapore flag on the car....??

↡ Advertisement