• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
263 replies to this topic | 1,317 praises

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

this one not expatriates or what. this one is general cost of living

http://www.thrillist...ef=facebook-869

Kratoschumacher, Baal, Mercs, Aaronlkl and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Goodness $25 bottle of wine is expensive?

You must be living in a wine producing country [laugh]

Though our alcohol tax may not be the highest in the world, it'll definitely account around 30% of that $25.

1 Anonymous member praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Although I am not into alcohol, our alcohol tax is insane.

Baal praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this one not expatriates or what. this one is general cost of living

http://www.thrillist...ef=facebook-869

When you have the most expensive politician in the world, you know we have the most expensive cost of living
Baal, Beregond, Mr_b20, RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

How did they get that result? In many of those countries when eating out, I felt that its alot more expensive than Sg.

Hondacub777 praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Janling3
  • Premium member
    Janling3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When you have the most expensive politician in the world, you know we have the most expensive cost of living

Yes, with those in play, we can expect the policy made would make roof over your head and private B&B car unbelievably expensive.   

Edited by Janling3, 25 July 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Baal and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How did they get that result? In many of those countries when eating out, I felt that its alot more expensive than Sg.

SG is expenseive in house and car

I find sg food, taxi and even groceries are cheaper than many of those countries.

Maybe they measure it based on living in Orchard or Raffles Place
Hondacub777, Mustank, Lala81, Tianmo, Spring, Jman888, Silver_blade and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

another thread for most expensive city?

no need to talk la ... yes la ... spore is the most expensive city ... we all know la ...

i said up VEP for foreign vehicle (car only) to $50 ... who is with me? lol

Edited by Wt_know, 25 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

Mercs and Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Although I am not into alcohol, our alcohol tax is insane.

Not forgetting the slap on the $ required (to obtain a license) to operate a nightspot dispending liquor. Its a further addition add on that waterfalls onto the consumer.

Edited by Baal, 25 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

now with many ban and restriction to sell alcohol to FW and operating hours at hdb nearby kopitiam
kopitiam need to raise alcohol price soon else how to survive with the sibei high rental

the math is easy
sell more ... lower price
sell less .. higher price

i share with my cousin in OZ that spore got restriction to sell beer to ah neh and also last order at 11pm
he roll on the floor laughing because in his house the fridge is always stock with beer and wine ... lol

Not forgetting the slap on the $ required (to obtain a license) to operate a nightspot dispending liquor. Its a further addition add on that waterfalls onto the consumer.

Edited by Wt_know, 25 July 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Baal and Hondacub777 praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

now with many ban and restriction to sell alcohol to FW and operating hours at hdb nearby kopitiam
kopitiam need to raise alcohol price soon else how to survive with the sibei high rental

the math is easy
sell less ... higher price

Makes no sense for me to have a drink at coffeeshop since 2006 when I can only smoke in the yellow box.

The yellow box is not the problem per se. Its the environment within the box..., rowdy, noisy, kpkb.  No personal space. Hence I rather get a 6 from Ang Mo, SS, NTUC......get those budget brand and sip on 1-2 cans at night once on a blue moon.

Mercs praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah ... i normally stock up a cartoon of hoegarden, becks, carlsberg at home

nicelly chilled and can have 2 cans in a sat night ... sibei shiok

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Skewed western survey laa.... The food they survey are all ang mor food. Try order a plate of nasi lemak and cendol in US and see how much you need to pay. That is if you can even find it.

Hondacub777, Mercs and 3 Anonymous members praised this
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha ... angmoh go chatterbox for chicken rice one ... no $25 no talk ... lol

Edited by Wt_know, 25 July 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

London 1 sandwich 3-4 pound in the normal store

why Singapore no 1 i dont understand

somes places like Istanbul, Athens..things are so expensive to their locals also..their earning power so low, things are so expensive but they never in the list before

even my malaysian colleagues said earn in Sg spend in Sg also better than earning and spend at their side..

sometimes i also dont understand the reports

Hondacub777, Mercs, Mustank, Lala81, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Janling3
  • Premium member
    Janling3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

London 1 sandwich 3-4 pound in the normal store

why Singapore no 1 i dont understand

somes places like Istanbul, Athens..things are so expensive to their locals also..their earning power so low, things are so expensive but they never in the list before

even my malaysian colleagues said earn in Sg spend in Sg also better than earning and spend at their side..

sometimes i also dont understand the reports

IMHO, that's what they call the affordability, where the fresh graduate first earning is realistically sufficient to support themselves from the day they join the work force. You can compare My, Indo'sia, etc. The living standard of the fresh graduate there is perceived poorer than Sgp base on basic needs (food, lodging, leisure). But the business environment is of the opposite site, to run a business and survive is easier, on a smaller to medium scale, there than here. -_- 

Mercs and Mr_b20 praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the math is easy
sell less .. higher price

i share with my cousin in OZ that spore got restriction to sell beer to ah neh and also last order at 11pm
he roll on the floor laughing because in his house the fridge is always stock with beer and wine ... lol

Aiyah OZ can BYO,
We stocked up for our consumption at home.
But eating out have to buy from eateries.

But OZ have very strict alcohol rules too.
I was told that one cannot carry an opened bottle of wine/alcohol in the vehicle.
I did that for a few days while I was driving from town to town. Oops.
Mercs praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Jumpmanz
  • Premium member
    Jumpmanz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

most expensive cars, thats certain.

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

most expensive cars, thats certain.

I don't think SG got the most expensive cars.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Went to US, Virginia. Beautiful country, ordered a plate of western food in a restaurant costing $US18. Portion is huge and can "feed" 3 person. How's the calculation.

Edited by Renegade777, 25 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: singapore, most expensive, city and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users