Most Expensive City In the world

Mllcg

I dont know if I will get hammered but this is my observations. For expats or rather FT, Singapore is a haven. They were here on expat terms which they will never ever dream back home. The cost of living is simply cheap consider their package offered by their company. Of course I am referring to true expat and not those on local terms. If those on local terms, then nothing to do with being expensive since even the construction workers aren't on any terms.

Singapore is indeed the most expensive place but not to expat but the locals. The general wage earning employees.

Only the very top level on expat terms.

Majority like 90% of expat on local terms.

So housing lease, international school is a huge expense. Most expat on local terms shop at NTUC or Redmart for groceries.

Only the very top level on expat terms.

Majority like 90% of expat on local terms.

So housing lease, international school is a huge expense. Most expat on local terms shop at NTUC or Redmart for groceries.

Expat on local terms? Then they go overseas to work for what le? Though they should be on expat terms de?!

Rich or poor countries, everyone has their darkest stories to share, be it drug, scam city, prostitution, or harassment of young girls, one can find on youtube, one can even find Orchard Towers as whore house here.

And we are ask proud to announce for the 4th running consecutive year, Sp has been ranked as the world's most expensive city ( not ) only for expats but local too. knn like as if we ourselves don't know our elites gahmen are earning millions dollars salary year in year out, who gonna call !!!

Rich or poor countries, everyone has their darkest stories to share, be it drug, scam city, prostitution, or harassment of young girls, one can find on youtube, one can even find Orchard Towers as whore house here.

And we are ask proud to announce for the 4th running consecutive year, Sp has been ranked as the world's most expensive city ( not ) only for expats but local too. knn like as if we ourselves don't know our elites gahmen are earning millions dollars salary year in year out, who gonna call !!!

Gahmen doesnt get affected at all if here is the world most expensive city or population 10 million. Cause like you said, they are earning millions dollars salary year in year out.  -_-

Bro..on the flipside, I think we have many mortal enemies... [laugh]

those are our immediate neighbour who actually are 2 of our closest neighbours and we actually needs each other to prosper. China no need to say lar.....the writing are on the wall these past few month. If we go further i dont think we have others who will call us enemy.

Supersonic

I dont know if I will get hammered but this is my observations. For expats or rather FT, Singapore is a haven. They were here on expat terms which they will never ever dream back home. The cost of living is simply cheap consider their package offered by their company. Of course I am referring to true expat and not those on local terms. If those on local terms, then nothing to do with being expensive since even the construction workers aren't on any terms.

Singapore is indeed the most expensive place but not to expat but the locals. The general wage earning employees.

The expats I know have been here for years and all refuse to go back.  One of the most important things to them is that they can hire 1-2 maids (or more, I know one with 3 maids) for less than S$1k each to do chores, look after kids, cook etc.  And they find this extremely cheap, and extremely convenient and it's something they can never have back home.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The expats I know have been here for years and all refuse to go back.  One of the most important things to them is that they can hire 1-2 maids (or more, I know one with 3 maids) for less than S$1k each to do chores, look after kids, cook etc.  And they find this extremely cheap, and extremely convenient and it's something they can never have back home.

Yeah citixen and non-citizen majiam no difference except for some slight differences in school fees for children...of course they stay..

Singapore is not that bad La, given our low inflation rate and the fact that we import everything. Malaysia has been really bad in recent years even though they have natural resources which we don't have. One can choose to live the high life, or the simple life here. If want to drive of cos cannot have the cake and eat it also. In other countries where the cost is lower, their employment rate and per capita income are usually much worse off.

• Praise 2

just to share. if you check out all the high ends condo from orchard road to river valley road, you will know if they are local. if you are enjoying housing packages exceeding $10k per month, you know their total package. i do acknlwledge there are some investor PR among them. cost of living definitely is peanuts to them. like someone said, their 1 day pay is equivalent to a local wage earner month's pay.

iF you notice, CNA recently likes to do documentaries on other countries showing a more inferior aspect of their lives...I wonder what is the motive....

To tell we are the luckiest people on the planet

just to share. if you check out all the high ends condo from orchard road to river valley road, you will know if they are local. if you are enjoying housing packages exceeding $10k per month, you know their total package. i do acknlwledge there are some investor PR among them. cost of living definitely is peanuts to them. like someone said, their 1 day pay is equivalent to a local wage earner month's pay.

Likely total package $50k a month,

$30k pay $20k benefits.

Expat on local terms? Then they go overseas to work for what le? Though they should be on expat terms de?!

That you should ask them.

The tax saving alone will be attractive.

Plus they like here

• Praise 1

Price going up means no recession right?

Recession means price going down.

:)

No wonder they worry if no recession

They always thinking of how to keep price down... heart for the common folks

• Praise 1

iF you notice, CNA recently likes to do documentaries on other countries showing a more inferior aspect of their lives...I wonder what is the motive....

U know

I know

• Praise 2

Till today, ppl are still talking abt how to compromise their lifestyle to adapt to the changes.. Some never ending changes. For the good or the bad...  These problem(s) are easily solve when one do the right thing at the right time!

要改变自己来适应环境,还是改变环境来适应自己!

Your call.

-_-

• Praise 4

Such chart/report should tied up with it country poverty percentage. Not zero but near zero I too will proudly declare I am living in the most expensive/joyous country on earth.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/milk-powder-price-woes?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1490311466

Milk powder price woes: Average cost up by 120% in 10 years

Thinking to have a child?

U better think thrice!

[shakehead]  [shakehead]  [shakehead]

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement