Boy With 232 Teeth Removed - India

Picnic06-Biante15

Complex Odontoma ........... :o

Never heard before ... [sweatdrop]

Yahoo news: Surgeons remove 232 teeth from Indian teenager

Surgeons in Mumbai have removed 232 teeth from the mouth of an Indian teenager in what they believe may be a world-record operation, the hospital said Thursday.

Ashik Gavai, 17, sought medical help for a swelling on the right side of his lower jaw and the case was referred to the city's JJ Hospital, where they found he was suffering from a condition known as complex odontoma, head of dentistry Sunanda Dhivare-Palwankar told AFP.

"We operated on Monday and it took us almost seven hours. We thought it may be a simple surgery but once we opened it there were multiple pearl-like teeth inside the jaw bone," she said.

After removing those they also found a larger "marble-like" structure which they struggled to shift and eventually had to "chisel out" and remove in fragments, she added.

The youngster's father, Suresh Gavai, said that the family had been worried that Ashik's swelling was a cancerous growth.

"I was worried that it may turn out to be cancer so I brought him to Mumbai," Gavai told the Mumbai Mirror newspaper.

Dhivare-Palwankar said the literature they had come across on the condition showed a maximum of 37 teeth being removed in such a procedure, whereas she and her team had counted more than 232 taken from Gavai's mouth.

"I think it could be a world record," she said.

Gavai's jawbone structure was maintained during the operation so it should heal without any deformities, the surgeon added.

link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/surgeons-remove-232-teeth-indian-teenager-054152589.html

post-21853-0-61721300-1406265274.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

This will freak you out.

post-107101-0-21413500-1406265812.jpg

post-107101-0-13285100-1406265807.jpg

First image is a rare teeth disease called Hyperdontia. It is the condition of having supernumerary teeth.

Second image is photoshopped if I'm not wrong.

(edited)

This will freak you out.

attachicon.gifmouthfullofteeth.jpg

First image is a rare teeth disease called Hyperdontia. It is the condition of having supernumerary teeth.

For sure it will be a painful bj (second picture) ... :o

Edited by Picnic06

Turbocharged

don't mention this please.... [:(]

lotus pod is probably the photoshop which alot people fear the most.. somehow the phobia of patterned holes on skin freak people out

Internal Moderator

lotus pod is probably the photoshop which alot people fear the most.. somehow the phobia of patterned holes on skin freak people out

I am one of the many who suffers from trypophobia.

Go to Kungfu Paradise at Bedok Point for makan session and you will know what I mean. [:/]

post-107101-0-24462800-1406278051.jpg

post-107101-0-33994200-1406278056.jpg

post-107101-0-60769100-1406278061.jpg

That whole wall behind...................... [shakehead]

maybe get some fake lotus pod skin and then take mrt [sly]

• Praise 2

This will freak you out.

attachicon.gifhyperdontia.jpg

attachicon.gifmouthfullofteeth.jpg

[/quote

Look like corn to me.

he shd make a necklace and that can be the offering next time he get married. worth much much more

↡ Advertisement