• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With the Coe of the current car ending in 2016, I'm looking to change to another car..

Any fiat bravo t-jet owners can shed some reviews and it's cost of maintenance for this car? I'm looking at the auto + panoramic roof version..thanks!

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Robin
  • Premium member
    Robin
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With the Coe of the current car ending in 2016, I'm looking to change to another car..

Any fiat bravo t-jet owners can shed some reviews and it's cost of maintenance for this car? I'm looking at the auto + panoramic roof version..thanks!

cost is acceptable if you dont go back to the authorised dealer for servicing after the complimentary servicing

parts cost more than Jap cars but its normal for conti 

just buy parts from stockist and find your own mechanic ... but not many know how to service bravo

So_nice praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Ntbg3933
  • Ntbg3933
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

(+)

Bravo is a very well rounded car, if you are looking at the 120bhp Auto Tjet version.

Pick up is good, Fuel consumption is not bad. (Few of my friends driving Bravo have achieved about 14km/l, with heavy footed driving)

Using the platform of Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo performs relatively well in corners and tight space (Can be further enhanced with strut bars).

Italian cars always invite "stares", in a good way.

You will be consumed by the Italia passion.

(-)

As usual, Fiats are quirkys piece (with unique tantrum for sensors, electrical and oil leaks), however with patience, it can be overcomed.

Be prepared to spend a bit to fix it up, if you are buying second hand.

Local agents and stockist are not afraid to make money from you on the parts and labour. This can be offset by ordering overseas and paying a labour to the workshop here.

Limited workshop to service this hatch.

Summary:

I will get it for the drive feel, uniqueness and style. On the hindsight, be prepared for the quirkyness.

Variablefeedback and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

nice looking car and comparatively fast...depending what car u changing from...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nice looking car and comparatively fast...depending what car u changing from...

Changing from a vios bro.

(+)

Bravo is a very well rounded car, if you are looking at the 120bhp Auto Tjet version.

Pick up is good, Fuel consumption is not bad. (Few of my friends driving Bravo have achieved about 14km/l, with heavy footed driving)

Using the platform of Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo performs relatively well in corners and tight space (Can be further enhanced with strut bars).

Italian cars always invite "stares", in a good way.

You will be consumed by the Italia passion.

(-)

As usual, Fiats are quirkys piece (with unique tantrum for sensors, electrical and oil leaks), however with patience, it can be overcomed.

Be prepared to spend a bit to fix it up, if you are buying second hand.

Local agents and stockist are not afraid to make money from you on the parts and labour. This can be offset by ordering overseas and paying a labour to the workshop here.

Limited workshop to service this hatch.

Summary:

I will get it for the drive feel, uniqueness and style. On the hindsight, be prepared for the quirkyness.

Erm..so it's quite true about electrical problems? One of my colleagues' told me his bro in-law sold it off due to electric problems.

cost is acceptable if you dont go back to the authorised dealer for servicing after the complimentary servicing
parts cost more than Jap cars but its normal for conti 
just buy parts from stockist and find your own mechanic ... but not many know how to service bravo

Hmm..like tat got limited choice of workshop to go if I wanna fix up the car..
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Ntbg3933
  • Ntbg3933
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Don't worry... :)

1. Change the battery once a year.
  2. Take good care of your selespeed gearbox.
  3. The rest will be pretty ok!

Is a fun car!!

Italia....

Passion from your heart to your head to your car!!

Erm..so it's quite true about electrical problems? One of my colleagues' told me his bro in-law sold it off due to electric problems.

So_nice praised this

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

confirm faster...all the best bro!

So_nice praised this

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ok bros! Thx for the feedback..
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Guysmokey
  • Premium member
    Guysmokey
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi,

a bravo owner here. not a common car, but the drive puts a smile to my face.

it does have its hiccups here and there, but its an Italian! It sometimes craves for your attention.

Besides that most problem so far is due to weak battery. Other issues, regular servicing should do the trick.

We have quite a close group of fellow Bravo drivers althou small, but we share readily on where to go for servicing or buying for parts.

But your choice to buy or not ... :)

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

a bravo owner here. not a common car, but the drive puts a smile to my face.

it does have its hiccups here and there, but its an Italian! It sometimes craves for your attention.

Besides that most problem so far is due to weak battery. Other issues, regular servicing should do the trick.

We have quite a close group of fellow Bravo drivers althou small, but we share readily on where to go for servicing or buying for parts.

But your choice to buy or not ... :)

I just saw a yummy one on sgcarmart...so coincidently my fren is the dealer! Tmr go discuss wif him :D
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Guysmokey
  • Premium member
    Guysmokey
    Clutched
    Author Image

I just saw a yummy one on sgcarmart...so coincidently my fren is the dealer! Tmr go discuss wif him :D

define yummy ... haha

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can I check this fiat bravo auto is on timing belt or chain?
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Guysmokey
  • Premium member
    Guysmokey
    Clutched
    Author Image

Can I check this fiat bravo auto is on timing belt or chain?

belt

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Davo23
  • Davo23
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi guys,

my coe ending soon and im considering between fiat bravo 1.4A t jet and Opel Astra 1.4 turbo.

what are your feedbacks with regards to reliablilty, performance and maintainance between these 2 models?

cant find any reviews on the astra though.

any inputs are most welcome.

thanks!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

fiat bravo is a nice car.. will be good if there is a face lift on the interior..

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

oonline
  • oonline
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yeah the interior is a bit dated... i mean it still looks great... just perhaps not as modern!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Seat on my friend's pre-owned bravo tjet before.

The transmission is a tad lethargic and the car doesn't punch through the roads like a normal turbo car. Perhaps it's due to the weight or poorly maintain transmission.

One thing I notice is the ultra noisy road noise but I suspect it's the tires.

Otherwise it's a nice spacious ride..

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Seat on my friend's pre-owned bravo tjet before.

The transmission is a tad lethargic and the car doesn't punch through the roads like a normal turbo car. Perhaps it's due to the weight or poorly maintain transmission.

One thing I notice is the ultra noisy road noise but I suspect it's the tires.

Otherwise it's a nice spacious ride..

Is your friend's ride a manual or auto transmission?

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Is your friend's ride a manual or auto transmission?

Auto. I presume it's based on the semi auto transmission like Alfa's selespeed. It engages slow or doesn't engage at times. I told my fren to have it checked.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Waterh2o
  • Premium member
    Waterh2o
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Fiat Bravo or Opel Astra erh. You have very acquired taste,

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Fiat Bravo

Fiat Bravo  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Andrewchia  |  2nd Gear

There are more reliable car out there.

The AD should have do better,aftersales -poor.All the plastic & rubber is of poor quality or it's not meant for our climate.The metal parts in the seats rust, was told all these is normal.Fiat should have do better than this.

Fiat Bravo

Fiat Bravo  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SimonFoo  |  Neutral Newbie

Most responsive car i have ever owned

I have driven Fiat Bravo T-Jet from 2007 to 2015. It is one of the best manual cars (previously own Hyundai Accent and Toyota Vios) that I have ever driven due to the responsiveness of the car to accelerate. On the other hand, the car star... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Fiat Bravo

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: fiat , fiat bravo , bravo , t-jet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users