GT86/BRZ vs 'Roc 2.0 TSi

Soya

Supersonic

Juz curious, if you're looking for a used, affordable 2-door for some occasional flings and dirty weekends, which would u choose? [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Juz curious, if you're looking for a used, affordable 2-door for some occasional flings and dirty weekends, which would u choose? [gossip]

Without a doubt, the GT86/BRZ twins.

Supersonic

Without a doubt, the GT86/BRZ twins.

why lei? some say it's underpowered while the 2.0 'Roc is a GTi in a dress. but one is more pure while the other is a parts bin special. [dizzy]

Supersonic

Dont tell your wife hor.

wahaha.......those charbo sibei fierce sia. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

why lei? some say it's underpowered while the 2.0 'Roc is a GTi in a dress. but one is more pure while the other is a parts bin special. [dizzy]

Sublime steering and handling, you don't have that in a 'Roc. Back to basics motoring. I dont understand how someone would call 147kw underpowered, perhaps spoilt by turbos nowadays

Turbocharged

I dont know how to drift ; plus I like doing b roads up north so a tail happy car is not my choice. Roc 2.0 for me .

But if want to pick up chicks , I think 86 is a better choice. Roc too common on the roads .

The flat torque from 2500 to 6500 rpm is very impressive for a NA 86 ; but I find it strange for it to dip between 3500 to 4500 rpm . This will affect my city driving as I like to change gears at this rpm. The torque curve can be found at 3:06 of this video.

Sublime steering and handling, you don't have that in a 'Roc. Back to basics motoring. I dont understand how someone would call 147kw underpowered, perhaps spoilt by turbos nowadays

It is underpowered by modern standards for sports cars. That's why there is a demand for a more powerful version. Check out the Cosworth mod: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/cosworth-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-modified-2014-06-02

Of course, increasing the power necessitates the loss of something else in the character of the car. The "underpowered" stock version is nicely (and quite safely) tail-happy with crappy rear tyres that are designed to break traction easily. But try that in a 300+hp version and you're looking at a widow-maker. Which is why the Cosworth spec car has uprated tyres all around. But with the increased power, I think it's still capable of breaking the rears loose if driven correctly.

Poverty-spec FTW!!

toyota-86-rc-spec_600x0w.jpg

So ironic to call any car in Singapore "poverty spec". Unless you mean that the poverty comes after the purchase.

Manual vs DSG, which one you want

Turbocharged

Manual vs DSG, which one you want

Manual vs DSG

RWD vs FWD

NA vs Turbo

But most prefer to argue over Jap vs Conti .

Supersonic

It is underpowered by modern standards for sports cars. That's why there is a demand for a more powerful version. Check out the Cosworth mod: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/cosworth-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-modified-2014-06-02

Of course, increasing the power necessitates the loss of something else in the character of the car. The "underpowered" stock version is nicely (and quite safely) tail-happy with crappy rear tyres that are designed to break traction easily. But try that in a 300+hp version and you're looking at a widow-maker. Which is why the Cosworth spec car has uprated tyres all around. But with the increased power, I think it's still capable of breaking the rears loose if driven correctly.

hmmmmm......does that mean if one shods the bog standard 86 wif grippy tyres instead, it'll drive like a 'rolla? [:p]

• Praise 1

Manual vs DSG

RWD vs FWD

NA vs Turbo

But most prefer to argue over Jap vs Conti .

I choose Manual + RWD + NA. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Beacreful BRZ is the first RWD car among all Subaru ADW family,

Then get the GT86 lor. :huh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1