Cinturato P7 or Turanza GR-100

Typhoonz

Will be changing my tyres soon (2 year plus) and currently running on PS3s (205/55/16). Been looking at the P7 and lowest price is $145 each. At the same time doing my home work on the new GR-100 which is $170 each.

Anyone on P7s and GR-100s would like to give their reviews?

↡ Advertisement

used p7c b4 in 17 and 18 inch sizes

dry : v good, its a premium touring tyre segment

wet : v good , wet up to 120 and standing water no aquaplane, dont expect ps3/f1a2 standard

noise / comfort : excellent, its really quiet , absorbs bumps well too

comparing with ps3, ps3 wins slightly on dry/wet braking, but noise is a lot quieter than ps3...ps3 is a noisy piece of sh1t

at 170 a piece for gr100, very overpriced

if u want maintain ur current grip levels, go back ps3, if u want better comfort/noise by a long mile , try the p7c

wet : v good , wet up to 120 and standing water no aquaplane, dont expect ps3/f1a2 standard

comparing with ps3, ps3 wins slightly on dry/wet braking, but noise is a lot quieter than ps3...ps3 is a noisy piece of sh1t

if u want maintain ur current grip levels, go back ps3, if u want better comfort/noise by a long mile , try the p7c

Furry,

How is the noise for PS3 compared to CPC 2? I am currently on CPC 2 and I find it very bumpy. I am not sure if its the tyres or absorber.

Mostly likely will change tyres in Dec.

I have shortlisted two. PS3 and P7c.

both prices almost same.

You mentioned P7c absorb bumps well?

I am currently using the P7 225/45R17. It is much superior to my previous Tires the bridgestone Turanza ER300 in terms of noise (vey quiet), comfort and on wet surfaces perform damn well (veru good grip).

I dont know about the part on bumps. But if i were to choose tires i will go for the P7.

Do note that some brigdestone tires are made in thailand and some Pirelli types are made outside of europe. So must check the origin.

Same here, changing tires soon.

Past tires are GR90 and CSC5.

Prefer comfort. quiet and grippy tires.

Any comments. Thanks!

Furry,

How is the noise for PS3 compared to CPC 2? I am currently on CPC 2 and I find it very bumpy. I am not sure if its the tyres or absorber.

Mostly likely will change tyres in Dec.

I have shortlisted two. PS3 and P7c.

both prices almost same.

You mentioned P7c absorb bumps well?

p7c seems to absorb better than ps3

prev car 225/45/17 ps3

current car 235/45/17 p7c > 235/40/18 p7c > 235/40/18 ps3 now

ps3 only wins on grip and handling, by a little

Any comments. Thanks!

f1a2 , grippier or on par with csc5, win csc5 wet, quieter than csc5, l;ess prone tramline, last longer

(edited)

I saw that you just sold off your 18 inches so what are you on now?

I only just found out about the GR-100 while I was comparing the P7 with the EfficientGrip... Not much reviews yet even on Tyrereviews so it's all the adverts from BS...

Yes my PS3s are now rather noisy and made worse on roads that needs immediate resurfacing...

The shop I'm asking their stock is late 2013 or early 2014 so still ok right?

You driving a VW now? Passat?

Any comments. Thanks!

You can try the PS3s... All round tyre... I would go back for another set but backside itchy so want to try other brands... Maybe watch too much F1 so Pirelli is always in my head...

Edited by Typhoonz

I saw that you just sold off your 18 inches so what are you on now?

I only just found out about the GR-100 while I was comparing the P7 with the EfficientGrip... Not much reviews yet even on Tyrereviews so it's all the adverts from BS...

Yes my PS3s are now rather noisy and made worse on roads that needs immediate resurfacing...

The shop I'm asking their stock is late 2013 or early 2014 so still ok right?

You driving a VW now? Passat?

You can try the PS3s... All round tyre... I would go back for another set but backside itchy so want to try other brands... Maybe watch too much F1 so Pirelli is always in my head...

previously on 17 inch p7c, then swap rim with my friend he trade in car so went 18 and came with p7c also, but his tyre 2+ yr old so i swap out to ps3 (cheaper than p7c for the size)

efficient grip not that good, prone to cracking from some reviews, and the performance level is way off p7c levels, p7c nearest competitor is bridgestone GR series or michelin primacy

ok i guess, i fitted ps3 abt 1 month ago, 4313 stock from south east

yeap passat on ps3 now, camry on mich xm2

the reviews on this site are pretty accurate / consident

based on the various tyres i used over past 10 years

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/CINTURATO-P7.htm

p7c lifespan is abt equivalent to ps3, abt 45k still left more than 1/3 of orig depth

Edited by Furrynadz

previously on 17 inch p7c, then swap rim with my friend he trade in car so went 18 and came with p7c also, but his tyre 2+ yr old so i swap out to ps3 (cheaper than p7c for the size)

efficient grip not that good, prone to cracking from some reviews, and the performance level is way off p7c levels, p7c nearest competitor is bridgestone GR series or michelin primacy

ok i guess, i fitted ps3 abt 1 month ago, 4313 stock from south east

yeap passat on ps3 now, camry on mich xm2

the reviews on this site are pretty accurate / consident

based on the various tyres i used over past 10 years

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/CINTURATO-P7.htm

p7c lifespan is abt equivalent to ps3, abt 45k still left more than 1/3 of orig depth

I don't have a good experience with GY... My last set was the LS2000 Hybrid II which was quite ok then went don't hill after 20K... Noisy as hell considering the thread pattern... Also lots of people saying GY tyres are don't last very long...

Even wanted to go 17 inch but save the money for something else...

So it's P7s for me next week...

Can check with you guys. My tyre size is 205/55/16 91V.

If the tyres I want only have 205/55/16 91W. Is the speed load ok to be installed?

Yes. Definitely wont drive that fast.

Cos manufacturer speed loading is 91V. Im not sure if I can get 91W if there is no 91V.

So its fine to take 91W right?

its not much issue de. Its just the speed rating.

u can go tyrequeen or sgcarmart market place to source your tires and check out the tires surely have the one you want.

(edited)

Yes. Definitely wont drive that fast.

Cos manufacturer speed loading is 91V. Im not sure if I can get 91W if there is no 91V.

So its fine to take 91W right?

W rating is a faster then the recommended V rating so no problems...

Edited by Typhoonz

its not much issue de. Its just the speed rating.

u can go tyrequeen or sgcarmart market place to source your tires and check out the tires surely have the one you want.

Thank you Alex.

W rating is a faster then the recommended V rating so no problems...

Thank you Typhoonz

Thank you Alex.

Thank you Typhoonz

Aiyah type a few letters nia no worries...

By the way what tyres are you getting? I've decided on the Cinturato P7s...

Aiyah type a few letters nia no worries...

By the way what tyres are you getting? I've decided on the Cinturato P7s...

I'm intending to get PS3 initially. But now p7c also in my shortlist. So now comparing and asking ard. Few of my friends all on PS3. I can get feedback from them. None of my friends on Pirelli.

Oh, I saw the Pirelli website in Europe. They have p7c blue. Seems better than P7c

Edited by Divers

I'm intending to get PS3 initially. But now p7c also in my shortlist. So now comparing and asking ard. Few of my friends all on PS3. I can get feedback from them. None of my friends on Pirelli.

Pirelli is not very common unless the car came with it... I'm on PS3s would like to try other tyres... So far my PS3s have served me well for the past 40,000KM or so... Very good on wets (no incidents so far) but will get noisy after 40,000KM (any tyre would)... I don't cheong corners so won't know how to give you feedback on that...

Overall its not that cheap but neither is it very costly... I feel that it's a good balance...

↡ Advertisement