Changi Airport's hawker stalls: Not so famous after all

Scion

Turbocharged

Jack appears to be an ardent Tai Chi fan, seeing how he practises it even at work.

But he clearly loves the Select Group very much, seeing how deeply he believes that what has happened is no big deal. I think he should just change his name to Jack Select Tan, or Jack S Tan for short.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

worst thing, must Q up to buy store value card! i walk to BK and had lousy burger meal

Store value card is to make you go there again and again ! Squeeze your money !

Hey, goods there have Tax exemption; food have or not ? :D

• Praise 1

exactly. Otherwise, they would have easily adopt cashcard instead of store value card.

• Praise 1

worst thing, must Q up to buy store value card! i walk to BK and had lousy burger meal

Cannot pay cash? How many times i go there a year? If less than 5x no need card even got 10% off

exemption or not, you are already paying inflated price [sly]

Supersonic

Using other stall's street name to bluff ppl is not the right thing to do. How can the airport allow this to happen? This is like pirated or chiong hawker food.

wahaha.....pirated hawker food. nice one. [laugh][laugh]

oh, not for locals?

but to mislead the tourists also not very right

the tourist won't be able to tell, for street food if they are 60% good, it is good enough. At best you can only find 80% good in hawker centre and food court, and i doubt the one at airport can be that bad.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

the tourist won't be able to tell, for street food if they are 60% good, it is good enough. At best you can only find 80% good in hawker centre and food court, and i doubt the one at airport can be that bad.

actualli, many 'authentic' hawker stalls n foodcourt oso suxs nowadays. maybe these pirate hawkers r better?

• Praise 1

Cannot pay cash? How many times i go there a year? If less than 5x no need card even got 10% off

The tourists even more 可怜. Most will not be back to Singapore at all or maybe few years later.

Turbocharged

Using other stall's street name to bluff ppl is not the right thing to do. How can the airport allow this to happen? This is like pirated or chiong hawker food.

Maybe Airport is only interested in collecting rents, no time or couldnt be borthered about 'faked food' etc.

Owners of original stalls dont want to confront these faked food sellers, or maybe they settled behind closed doors that's why the names are recycled in airport.

If the quality of such fake food cant match the original one, tourists will be the losers coz they cant tell the difference anyway. [sweatdrop] Most locals will not go back second time for the sub standard food.

• Praise 1

Actually who will go there for these hawker food?!

Go airport and take plane and eat plane food is much better.

If really want the real hawker food, we can always go to the real original ones...

Anyway, think this will appeal to the foreigners and tourists lah..

Exactly....

Real food lovers will not go there to try out famous hawker food

Turbocharged

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

LOL, PRC factories are the most generous producers of flattery

Wrong actually

Store value card is not to squeeze your money. After all, you can refund immediately after the meal

It is more the squeeze the Hawkers.

The operator will charge them rental of x% of sales or $10000 which ever is higher.

And this way they will roll one month worth of sales revenue as working capital before disbursing to the hawker

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2