BMW 4 series gran coupe

Damienic

X6 is nice wor :wub:

Compared with Ssangyong SUV, sure!!! I do find some kimchi SUVs looking good these days (eg Kia SUVs), But then aesthetics is always subjective

• Praise 1

x4 now looks like mini x6 ala ssangyong lor lolo

Can x6 win best looking suv prize now? Which suvs, if not x6, are the day three most good looking suvs? Mocan, Evoq, Sportage?

Hrmm kinda subjective, if you went down and queried today, The discounts would range from 9K (Usual discounts assuming in house loan + 5K usual), someone mentioned an additional 21K discount for over trade but this one you have to confirm yourself (I didn't do trade in). The overtrade offered was for basic 3er, for a 4GC I am not sure if they will be that generous as its not a car targeted to be moved in volume. I could be wrong but go check it out.

4GC looks great, but as its more of a lifestyle car, depends on your needs really. I sat in both to weight in pros and cons, Boot space is fantastic though I have to say. For the same price I believe you can get a 328 so you need to weight in your options, also the 328 now comes with HUD, I am not sure if the same applies for the 4GC?

That said 4GC are quite rare on the road, I only seen one so far which may be PI? You will get the bling factor for sure [bounce2]

238k is list price. Should have some other discounts plus over trade right?

Edited by Mercury1

Lifestyle car is about maximising profit.

True, but still has to be at a reasonable level of mark up. C200 AMG Line has the same OMV as that of the 420GC and it is selling about 223k and the mark up is already quite high. So if the 420GC is 238k and no other discounts, it will be at a premium of 15k over the C200 AMG line which is a bit excessive imo. That is why I thought there should be some discounts after the price of 238k.

Updated,

I found this link, comparing the C200 and 420 GC the profit margins are about the same. The base cost for 4GC is higher than the C200 AMG, which probably explains the difference in price.

That said if compared a discounted C200 and a discounted 420 GC you will still be looking at a 15 - 20K premium on the GC.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

True, but still has to be at a reasonable level of mark up. C200 AMG Line has the same OMV as that of the 420GC and it is selling about 223k and the mark up is already quite high. So if the 420GC is 238k and no other discounts, it will be at a premium of 15k over the C200 AMG line which is a bit excessive imo. That is why I thought there should be some discounts after the price of 238k.

Edited by Mercury1

Updated,

I found this link, comparing the C200 and 420 GC the profit margins are about the same. The base cost for 4GC is higher than the C200 AMG, which probably explains the difference in price.

That said if compared a discounted C200 and a discounted 420 GC you will still be looking at a 15 - 20K premium on the GC.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Actually the OMV is similar, only difference is the CEV rebate. C200 is 10k and 420GC only 5k. So the cost of the 420GC is only 5k higher. If they sell 15k higher, that means the profit margins of the 420GC is fatter by 10k. In a way still reasonable difference.

• Praise 2

Dun think so just the M4 version, then again the F80 M3 looks so much better [bounce1]

BMW-BMW-M3--F80--5085_3.jpg

Looks good in black, hides those ugly "7" shaped air vents at the sides.

Is there an M version?

Can x6 win best looking suv prize now? Which suvs, if not x6, are the day three most good looking suvs? Mocan, Evoq, Sportage?

best looking or "best looking"? lol

best looking or "best looking"? lol

ok, ok..... "best looking" [laugh] [laugh]

I am still hoping the next generation of BMW suvs will look at least half decent. Forget about what they have now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1