BMW 4 series gran coupe

Damienic

428 should be N20B20, i.e. 2L TWIN scroll turbo

640 should be N55B30, i.e. 3L TWIN scroll turbo

Non M only got 1 TURBO.

Thanks Bro. Ya you are right. The 4s is 2 later only unread wrongly. Any negative view on the 428 ?
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Thanks Bro. Ya you are right. The 4s is 2 later only unread wrongly. Any negative view on the 428 ?

it's a nice car.

just listen to gold 90.5fm......

only hear all the good news

• Praise 10

If $ is not a consideration, go for the 6er. The drive on the IL6 makes you appreciate fully the ultimate driving machine although I must say the B48 engine on the G30 and G11 is quite astounding and slowly changing my opinion on the need for a IL6 [:)].

Hi trying to start this thread again. What is the difference between 428 3.0 litre engine vs 640 3 litre? Both are bi turbo. Am interested in the used unit available in both model but seems only 428 available. Any feedback welcome.

• Praise 3

Go & try it our yourself.

Even though i recommend 435 or 440

• Praise 1

Hi trying to start this thread again. What is the difference between 428 3.0 litre engine vs 640 3 litre? Both are bi turbo. Am interested in the used unit available in both model but seems only 428 available. Any feedback welcome.

428 is single turbo n20 engine on a higher tune. There is no 428 with 6pot 3l engine.. thats 435 or the current 440.

Bmw call it twin power.. not that it has 2 turbos.

If u r talking abt the m4, then its a 6pot 3l Twin turbo

428i, fairly reliable. Not many problems with it if you keep it stock.

• Praise 1

428 is single turbo n20 engine on a higher tune. There is no 428 with 6pot 3l engine.. thats 435 or the current 440.

Bmw call it twin power.. not that it has 2 turbos.

If u r talking abt the m4, then its a 6pot 3l Twin turbo

428i, fairly reliable. Not many problems with it if you keep it stock.

Thank you all. I have mixed up the 435 GC M Sport Which is 3 litre. Went down to PML this afternoon, according to the SA, no more 428 or 435 but new one will be 430 and 440. Coming soon. Hence may look at up to 2-3 years unit.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thank you all. I have mixed up the 435 GC M Sport Which is 3 litre. Went down to PML this afternoon, according to the SA, no more 428 or 435 but new one will be 430 and 440. Coming soon. Hence may look at up to 2-3 years unit.

If you are already considering to buy New why not wait for the 430? 2 litre block as well but churning out slightly more torque and hp, tweaked suspension steering etc make it a better drive.
  • Praise 1

Is the new 4 series gc on display at PML yet?

(edited)

Fyi for those of you looking to get the new 4 series GC LCI. There will be a minor update for the car for those produce beginning July. Those before July does not have touch screen for display in the middle, July production will update the touch screen as well as the digital display + HUD. Please do check with PML if the touch screen is a great deal to you, but I reckon the earliest they can receive the updated version is probably in Oct. Now most AD and PI don't even want to sell cars that shipment are coming too late due to the uncertainty of the effect of the new CEVS should they not be able to register on 2017.

Previous they had a compatibility issue with combining both digital display speedometer and HUD, but I think this will only affect the 440i that PML bring. I've been looking at the 4 series GC for the longest time, but eventually went to book the A5 SB.

Edited by GLZT
  • Praise 3

(edited)

I havnt seen the new a5 sb in flesh

Better not go.. later backside itchy and pain.

Actually if u ask me abt the driving dynamics ever since i switched to the b8.5 a5 sb... honestly i think bmw rwd is a better drive

:p

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 1

I havnt seen the new a5 sb in flesh

Better not go.. later backside itchy and pain.

Actually if u ask me abt the driving dynamics ever since i switched to the b8.5 a5 sb... honestly i think bmw rwd is a better drive

:p

Yeap, I wont dispute that. I'm not a fan of Audi, but the package make more financial sense to me. Oh well. Maybe next time. 

No PML said it is under clearance now by LTA. Probably 4-6 weeks

Actually we went to down to PML to check it out today, already cleared by LTA. But no display car on showroom floor yet, however we saw a test drive unit. Considering between A5 SB and 420i

The "cockpit" of the new a5 is very sleek and minimalist if thats your cup of tea. With the virtual cockpit.. gives a fresh feeling.

The new full digital speedo on the 4series will come on soon. Wait for it i suppose.. before making a decision.

If im not wrong the base a5 sb doesn't have quattro?

The "cockpit" of the new a5 is very sleek and minimalist if thats your cup of tea. With the virtual cockpit.. gives a fresh feeling.

The new full digital speedo on the 4series will come on soon. Wait for it i suppose.. before making a decision.

Nope it doesnt, but im ok with FWD

• Praise 1

Actually we went to down to PML to check it out today, already cleared by LTA. But no display car on showroom floor yet, however we saw a test drive unit. Considering between A5 SB and 420i

Wow I was Saturday, they told me not available showed me the G30 and 640 GC instead. Did they say when the show room unit available?

Nope it doesnt, but im ok with FWD

I used to drive A6, Great car but if u floor it to take off the FW tends to spin. Mine then has the MTM chip up. Every 5K I have to top up engine oil.
  • Praise 1

The full digital speedo may only comes standard with the 440i base on the other line. I doubt the 420 will come with it. You're right, the base A5 is indeed FWD. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1