• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
424 replies to this topic | 1,377 praises

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone has tested the new S60 ? Saw the Promo price and the power looks good ! 

Spring, LPPL and WML888 praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Keromond
  • Premium member
    Keromond
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The new T5 drive e?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The new T5 drive e?

yes . FC also not that bad for that kind of hp even you give it 20% discount from the stated figures

Spring and Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Tedlhw
  • Premium member
    Tedlhw
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Been driving a S60T5 for the past 3 years.. the power and acceleration is good, so far reliability good too.

Fuel consumption is 7.5-8km/l.

This drive-e seems to have 5 hp more, thats about it.

Frankly i would be very doubtful about good fuel consumption.

Volvo has never been known for that anyway..

Out of curiosity, how much izzit now anyway?

Baal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

promo 139k  ... listed 179k in MCF

I also no idea why the price diff so much 

Spring praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The hp and torque advertised is the t5 version.

The price advertised is the turbo diesel version.

Just my thoughts, maybe wrong

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Keromond
  • Premium member
    Keromond
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The hp and torque advertised is the t5 version.

The price advertised is the turbo diesel version.

Just my thoughts, maybe wrong

Ya... the adv spec are for T5 but starting price of 140k is meant for 1.6L Diesel model.... heard is for test n showroom vehicles

Lotr and Baal praised this

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Bleuzone
  • Premium member
    Bleuzone
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, the promo price is for the diesel version, demo/test car, and also the older model not the new 8-spd gearbox. I thought they way they did their ad was very misleading...

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Been driving a S60T5 for the past 3 years.. the power and acceleration is good, so far reliability good too.
Fuel consumption is 7.5-8km/l.
This drive-e seems to have 5 hp more, thats about it.
Frankly i would be very doubtful about good fuel consumption.
Volvo has never been known for that anyway..

Out of curiosity, how much izzit now anyway?

The new drive E GB should be 8spd Auto. That will also help on the DVD.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, the promo price is for the diesel version, demo/test car, and also the older model not the new 8-spd gearbox. I thought they way they did their ad was very misleading...

Volvo ads are very misleading. I saw the ad for the infamous V40 D2 going for 119k in may, called up and was told its for event cars. If want new car, the price is 129k. Volvo advertised price must call in and ask what are the T&C for that price.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Simplecar
  • Premium member
    Simplecar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Volvo ads are very misleading. I saw the ad for the infamous V40 D2 going for 119k in may, called up and was told its for event cars. If want new car, the price is 129k. Volvo advertised price must call in and ask what are the T&C for that price.

i hate such misleading advertisements.
waste people's time going down/calling up.

Baal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i hate such misleading advertisements.

waste people's time going down/calling up.

i agreed, is just cheating pple's feelings.

as if those got conned to go down will just happily buy when they are told the real (much higher) price,

those morons in marketing should be  [whip]

Baal praised this

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

As the saying goes, buyers beware.

If something is to good to be true, it probably is.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i agreed, is just cheating pple's feelings.

as if those got conned to go down will just happily buy when they are told the real (much higher) price,

those morons in marketing should be  [whip]

thats how they capture ure mobilenum & then spam u later with ads... yes v irritating

must call from landline next time

Baal praised this
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya... the adv spec are for T5 but starting price of 140k is meant for 1.6L Diesel model.... heard is for test n showroom vehicles

Thats misrep man.

The new drive E GB should be 8spd Auto. That will also help on the DVD.

8AT sounds safer for our conditions.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

woah ~ 8 spd GB? that is one hell of many gears...

anyway.. since when advertising are meant to be honest..

T&C applies = what you see is never what you get. To get what you see, pay more!!

Edited by Knoobie, 11 August 2014 - 04:33 PM.

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

Simplecar
  • Premium member
    Simplecar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

woah ~ 8 spd GB? that is one hell of many gears...

anyway.. since when advertising are meant to be honest..

T&C applies = what you see is never what you get. To get what you see, pay more!!

W*** is not know to be selling used cars. So when they advertise a car, would you expect it to  be used? not me.

It is different when their T&C refer to having to take their loans, a certain percentage, a certain insurance company or % of loan.

"Used" should be something else.

When BMW were selling their airshow cars etc, they specifically mentioned it. I like that honesty

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

W*** is not know to be selling used cars. So when they advertise a car, would you expect it to  be used? not me.

It is different when their T&C refer to having to take their loans, a certain percentage, a certain insurance company or % of loan.

"Used" should be something else.

When BMW were selling their airshow cars etc, they specifically mentioned it. I like that honesty

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying what the do is right. I'm a consumer too.

What I'm saying is with these marketing gimmicks nowadays, one just can't take advertisement as it is.

Like many people say before, if it sounds too good to be true, probably it is.

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Simplecar
  • Premium member
    Simplecar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying what the do is right. I'm a consumer too.

What I'm saying is with these marketing gimmicks nowadays, one just can't take advertisement as it is.

Like many people say before, if it sounds too good to be true, probably it is.

Yup. I agree with you.

The advertisement reads this way:

"Your Volvo S60.
From just $139,999 for selected units. $5,000 increase thereafter"

What do you read from the above?

What i inferred was that there are certain units (maybe showroom/testdrive units) that cost $139,999. However, I dont know what the additional $5,000 would get me.

Could anyone who visited the showroom advise?

To add:

"Exhilaration shifts up a notch with the New Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E. Our best-selling sports sedan, now geared with the revolutionary new Drive-E engine. Completely engineered and built in Sweden, it delivers 245bhp and 350Nm of torque for performance that’s nothing less than perfect. Also available with the fuel-efficient turbodiesel engine. Get your heart racing at the Volvo showroom now."

I would expect the advertisement to be for the S60 T5 Drive-E. The diesel version, i understand from some that the above promotion was for the diesel version. Hmm.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Leoloe
  • Premium member
    Leoloe
    Clutched
    Author Image

will sg get the T6 variant?

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Volvo S60 Diesel

Volvo S60 Diesel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lavis  |  Neutral Newbie

Enjoyed the ride for 1.5 years

I've been driving the S60 D2 for 1.5 years and loving the ride so far. None of my passengers (colleagues) who sit in my car comment abut the engine noise. It is quite negligible. The gear box is quite responsive if you step a little bit harde... » Read More

Volvo S60

Volvo S60  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by B1892  |  Neutral Newbie

Powerful, stable, value for money

Drove S60 T5 for 5 months. Interior looks outdated but fine with me as its still looks nice. FC normal, 8.5 to 9.5, 70 percent city drive, normal pickup around 2-3k rpm Test drove Subaru forestor, Audi A4, Merc GLA, Infiniti Q50, Vol... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Volvo S60, Volvo S60 Diesel

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: volvo , 2015 , volvo s60 , s60

Tags: volvo, 2015, volvo s60, s60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users