2015 Volvo S60

Angcheek

have you guys notice Volvo is positioning its status higher now.. it is getting more expensive which is good as I always feel the Volvo is a neglected child who deserve to be recognised.

Yah I agree.. whenever I need help knowing that is someone always there to answer my queries is a big plus.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

3 Series should be more comparable

S60 is more like compared to 3series.. S80 sandwiched between 3series and 5series but I think equivalent to A6.

S60 is more like compared to 3series.. S80 sandwiched between 3series and 5series but I think equivalent to A6.

To be frank. S60 or S60 is not much differenT. Maybe the interior is slightly bigger. S60 is more sporty looking but the material quality or equipment can all be found in S60. S60 can have an engine that is more powerful than S80.

Edited by LoverofCar

Turbocharged

seriously i envy you,

the most i got for my Drive E T5 was 750km!!

was happy initially when i got the car as petrol prices started coming donw. now its up again back to the $100 per tank after discount.. fainttttt

T5Drive getting 750km on a tank... that's about 11.1km/l?

Since I'm considering that car, how would you say the FC is for a petrol of that output (245hp)? Good or bad, or just OK-OK?

Edited by 7hm

T5Drive getting 750km on a tank... that's about 11.1km/l?

Since I'm considering that car, how would you say the FC is for a petrol of that output (245hp)? Good or bad, or just OK-OK750

750 km per tank pumping around 57.7L into the tank, so its around 13km/L,

but to be fair, i Run on highway alot, but its good enough as i used to own a Lancer EX 1.5, got around 700km per tank ,equating to 14km/L (same driving pattern), but now I have so much more power to go around with hehehehe and I am not really light footed, I WOT the car when I am first in traffic light everytime, shiokkkkkkkkkkkkk

Turbocharged

750 km per tank pumping around 57.7L into the tank, so its around 13km/L,

but to be fair, i Run on highway alot, but its good enough as i used to own a Lancer EX 1.5, got around 700km per tank ,equating to 14km/L (same driving pattern), but now I have so much more power to go around with hehehehe and I am not really light footed, I WOT the car when I am first in traffic light everytime, shiokkkkkkkkkkkkk

OK, thanks. Been considering that car but the fact that Volvos are heavy never gave me good feeling about their FC. But then I remembered the Drive 4-cyl is 245hp, so actually quite impressive.

I'm more light-footed and progressive in my day-to-day driving so maybe I can manage some good FC. How's your NVH & turning radius? Volvo up to now for me have just one main bugbear - the turning radius spec is pretty bad sounding.

its just as heavy bro, around 1.5 to 1.6 Tonne if i am not wrong. and you dont have to be light footed to get good fc, if you are light footed you might even get worse off, turbo engines needs to be pushed in a way to get you to the hgiher gears faster (where you start to save fuel)

the 8 speed gear box does a fantastic job on the highway, it scores around 18 -20km/L on the highway with constant 90 -100km/L, even better than my damn 1.5 Lancer EX, but it drinks like a boss in the city... scary... so far my worse FC is 12km/L flat when i first got the car. now the engine is beginning to run in, it gets better.

turning radius sucks , but they say its one of the better ones compared to last time. haha ,.. sound proof wise is better than my prevoius jap car of course especially at low end, but as you can see from the reviews on the higher end it has wind noise and tyre roar, nnot as ideal as Beemers and Merc i suppose. Overall i am quite satisfied with the car, powerful yet fuel efficent for a 2.0L turbo car

OK, thanks. Been considering that car but the fact that Volvos are heavy never gave me good feeling about their FC. But then I remembered the Drive 4-cyl is 245hp, so actually quite impressive.

I'm more light-footed and progressive in my day-to-day driving so maybe I can manage some good FC. How's your NVH & turning radius? Volvo up to now for me have just one main bugbear - the turning radius spec is pretty bad sounding.

• Praise 1

its just as heavy bro, around 1.5 to 1.6 Tonne if i am not wrong. and you dont have to be light footed to get good fc, if you are light footed you might even get worse off, turbo engines needs to be pushed in a way to get you to the hgiher gears faster (where you start to save fuel)

the 8 speed gear box does a fantastic job on the highway, it scores around 18 -20km/L on the highway with constant 90 -100km/L, even better than my damn 1.5 Lancer EX, but it drinks like a boss in the city... scary... so far my worse FC is 12km/L flat when i first got the car. now the engine is beginning to run in, it gets better.

turning radius sucks , but they say its one of the better ones compared to last time. haha ,.. sound proof wise is better than my prevoius jap car of course especially at low end, but as you can see from the reviews on the higher end it has wind noise and tyre roar, nnot as ideal as Beemers and Merc i suppose. Overall i am quite satisfied with the car, powerful yet fuel efficent for a 2.0L turbo car

with the amount of HP and torque of the T5. The weight of 1.5Tons is really nothing... ....for turbo engine, the trick to get better FC is to push the gear into higher gear asap......light footed will indeed get worse FC.

(edited)

Anyone saw the hit and run video involving an orange color wrapped T5? DisGraceful!

Any car model also got idiot driver lah...post in singapore risk less driver thread liao....keep this thread for volvo s60 discussion lah Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm facing this irritating issue. Wind noise on driver's side window on my S60.

Anyone else?

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?174598-Wind-Noise-Sound-Driving-at-50MPH-for-S60-2011

Hello,

I have the same problem. It is very annoying. The wind noise appears above 80-100 km / hour. It feels as if the window is open.

Did you already find a solution? I understand some believe this is a design issue, whereas some think it is due to insulation, more interesting is that when I google wind/sound/noise problem in S60 , many test results appear from different sources, wherein s60 is commented as a quite car.

I would appreciate your response.

Regards

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wearnes advertising S60 T5 drive-e starting at $169,999 now? Anyone know what's the catches?

↡ Advertisement