2015 Volvo S60

Angcheek

(edited)

Hello,

I have the same problem. It is very annoying. The wind noise appears above 80-100 km / hour. It feels as if the window is open.

Did you already find a solution? I understand some believe this is a design issue, whereas some think it is due to insulation, more interesting is that when I google wind/sound/noise problem in S60 , many test results appear from different sources, wherein s60 is commented as a quite car.

I would appreciate your response.

Regards

I was quite irritated to the noise initially thinking how can a new "continental" car have such a problem...

But now, either I'm immune to the noise or my radio is that loud around 40-60% level, it covers the wind noise. Still driving ard 90-100 at expressway.

Well I guess when it's reviewed as a quiet car, I think it's based on the sound insulation from the road noise. Put it this way, it's so quiet that we hear nothing but the wind noise 😂

Edited by Skrukawa

Neutral Newbie

I was quite irritated to the noise initially thinking how can a new "continental" car have such a problem...

But now, either I'm immune to the noise or my radio is that loud around 40-60% level, it covers the wind noise. Still driving ard 90-100 at expressway.

Well I guess when it's reviewed as a quiet car, I think it's based on the sound insulation from the road noise. Put it this way, it's so quiet that we hear nothing but the wind noise 😂

Unfortunately I'm still thinking how a continental car can have such a problem, because even though I turn up the volume of the stereo the sound is there with all the vibes. This is very tiring especially when driving on motorway.

Wearnes advertising S60 T5 drive-e starting at $169,999 now? Anyone know what's the catches?

SEA Games event car. slightly lower spec

• Praise 1

How noisy is noisy?

I think we can install a free app call sound meter to provide an estimated noise level. Though it's not calibrated measurement, it will at least provide a general guide to everyone following the thread.

you know the funny thing is SEA Games is in June and they are already selling the event cars?!?! [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

you know the funny thing is SEA Games is in June and they are already selling the event cars?!?! [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

around there lah....take order now...tell you need to bid for COE...By the time COE secured....event over....just nice lah

Turbocharged

what kinds of thing got chop off...

sensus, active bending lights...?

5th Gear

Will Volve replace totally new car in the event of totally lost ?

Supercharged

Will Volve replace totally new car in the event of totally lost ?

no, but insurance will (for 1st two years only)

coz they want to register before CEVS changes in Jul. 10k diff leh.

what kinds of thing got chop off...

sensus, active bending lights...?

yes. both.

wearnes SA discouraged me saying any damages will be repair not replace. Eg if dashboard or seat got scratch they will try their best to repair. Is this true? Anyone has experience?

this time too many event cars so their budget spread thin, discount per car not big.

apparently already many takers still, and they will deliver b4 July to avoid cevs.

for the remaining few, hope they fire sales.

Turbocharged

stop by there today. They say the SEA Games car no active bending xenons, no flappy paddles and some difference in interior trim... like no silver on steering wheel and no sports seats.

Then of course not Sensus Connect...

Also they say deliveries around July...

wearnes SA discouraged me saying any damages will be repair not replace. Eg if dashboard or seat got scratch they will try their best to repair. Is this true? Anyone has experience?

this time too many event cars so their budget spread thin, discount per car not big.

apparently already many takers still, and they will deliver b4 July to avoid cevs.

for the remaining few, hope they fire sales.

Inspect the car thoroughly during collection for a peace of mind. Once out of showroom, then it's your word against theirs. My hairline scratched dashboard was replaced after parts arrived.

Inspect the car thoroughly during collection for a peace of mind. Once out of showroom, then it's your word against theirs. My hairline scratched dashboard was replaced after parts arrived.

You got yours as event car too?

You got yours as event car too?

Yes bro, December's StandChart Marathon event car, got the D2 version.

Thinking of it, it's weird how the 3-5cm scratch can get onto the dashboard and I was lucky to spot it just before driving off.

↡ Advertisement